Page 105 of 223 FirstFirst ... 55595101102103104105106107108109115155205 ... LastLast
Results 2,081 to 2,100 of 4441

Thread: *** OFFICIAL 2020 Democratic Presidential Nomination Race Thread ***

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanlmar View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Krypt View Post
    sleepy joe is fkn demented
    Druff is thinking the Biden gaffes are harmless.
    They're harmless to his poll numbers. He's been a stuttering mess in all the debates and it hasn't affected his poll numbers.

Comments

Sanlmar: Score one for Spit

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Here's some light reading as you watch "reasonable" Klobuchar speak at this debate: http://nymag.com/intelligencer/2019/...-a-decade.html

11 months old but is still

With that said, I'd rather have her as President than anyone else on that stage.

Comments

Krypt: crazy bitch

Sanlmar: Love this

Load Metric
    If you think she beats up her staff, just wait until you see what she'll do to Donald Trump!

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by SPIT this View Post

Druff is thinking the Biden gaffes are harmless.
    They're harmless to his poll numbers. He's been a stuttering mess in all the debates and it hasn't affected his poll numbers.
    Correct.

Biden has been a gaffe machine his whole career. It's not just because he's old now. This is what held him back from progressing beyond Senator, and he only became VP because Obama was nervous about losing Pennsylvania, and he chose Biden before the 2008 financial crash pretty much assured his election anyway.

People who like Biden have known about his faults for decades, so gaffes at the debates (or any other time) don't hurt him.

Similarly, Trump's outrageous behavior doesn't hurt him much, because again, his supporters already know and accept it about him.

Candidates lose support when their existing supporters learn new details about them which are troublesome. If the supporters have already accepted a candidate's existing faults, then it's a lot harder to knock them down. The only way to eclipse such candidates is to generate excitement about yourself, to where people jump over to you because they like you, not because the other guy sucks. This is what Barack Obama did to Hillary in 2008. Bernie tried to do it to Hillary in 2016, but he stumbled because black voters didn't like him, and honestly he had little appeal outside of young people and white rural Democrats.

Comments

Sanlmar: Lotta insight here.

Load Metric
    Pete was very flat. I think he might get 4th in Iowa now.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    No idea why they didn't attack Biden.

Now he's going to skate through and win this thing. Huge mistake.

Load Metric
    Yep, Biden got off very easy in the last debate before voting happens. Debate could've been much worse for him. I think little Amy and Pete want admin jobs as a backup.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Correct.

Biden has been a gaffe machine his whole career. It's not just because he's old now. This is what held him back from progressing beyond Senator, and he only became VP because Obama was nervous about losing Pennsylvania, and he chose Biden before the 2008 financial crash pretty much assured his election anyway.

People who like Biden have known about his faults for decades, so gaffes at the debates (or any other time) don't hurt him.

Similarly, Trump's outrageous behavior doesn't hurt him much, because again, his supporters already know and accept it about him.

Candidates lose support when their existing supporters learn new details about them which are troublesome. If the supporters have already accepted a candidate's existing faults, then it's a lot harder to knock them down. The only way to eclipse such candidates is to generate excitement about yourself, to where people jump over to you because they like you, not because the other guy sucks. This is what Barack Obama did to Hillary in 2008. Bernie tried to do it to Hillary in 2016, but he stumbled because black voters didn't like him, and honestly he had little appeal outside of young people and white rural Democrats.
    Except that many Republicans who simply would never vote for Hillary might now be shopping the Democratic side. There is no momentum and blind acceptance from these folk. I consider myself among them. I never paid any serious attention to Biden, Sanders, Mayor Pete previously.

Maybe voters like me aren’t important.

Democrats are gonna fuck this up.

Load Metric
    Warren had some words for Sanders after the debate, and rejected his handshake

Comments

MumblesBadly: Somebody please fire up HAL 9000 to decipher what was said between them.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Warren had some words for Sanders after the debate, and rejected his handshake

lol..

right now iowa is up for grabs.

petey, bernie and biden. anyone of the 3 can take it down .

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/ep...ucus-6731.html
    Quote Originally Posted by bottomset_69 View Post
    Johnny Manziel will be the 1st pick in the draft. I truly believe not only will Johnny Manziel be rookie of the year, quite possibly he will be MVP as his style will shock defensive coordinators. Manziel may only be 6 feet tall, but he has size 15 feet. And he has HUGE hands. I know some NFL scouts so I know what I am talking about.

Load Metric
    ngl I like angry bernie. Like I get that his policies are probably kinda trash, but I like him on a personal level.

Comments

Sanlmar: Ditto on both points. Felt pretty consistent about that

Load Metric
    *fuck* warren.
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric

Correct.

Except that many Republicans who simply would never vote for Hillary might now be shopping the Democratic side. There is no momentum and blind acceptance from these folk. I consider myself among them. I never paid any serious attention to Biden, Sanders, Mayor Pete previously.

Maybe voters like me aren’t important.

Democrats are gonna fuck this up.
    More or less where I’ve been at for 3 years. Im willing to consider a better option. Don’t see one.

Load Metric
    Not only can't a woman become President of the United States, she can't become Vice President.

If a woman became President she would age much faster than normal.

It would be a losing ticket.

Remember Geraldine Ferraro and Walter Mondale in 1984?

Load Metric
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    I'm kind of feeling like Warren is about to explode and go really hard on Bernie.

Will probably be the first genuine moment of her campaign.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    I'm guessing Warren approached him and said something like, "Why did you lie up there? You know you told me that a woman will have a harder time winning. Why are you trying to make me look like the liar when it's you?"

And Bernie was all, "Meh", and just turned around and walked away.

Load Metric
    I'm guessing Warren approached him and said something like, "Why did you lie up there? You know you told me that a woman will have a harder time winning. Why are you trying to make me look like the liar when it's you?"

And Bernie was all, "Meh", and just turned around and walked away.
    Yep, I'm guessing she said something along those lines too. She wants to drum up more media buzz about this story while acting like she doesn't really want to talk about it. Guess we could just ask Steyer what was said since he was right there and nobody cares about him

Load Metric
    imagine taking pride in something so pathetic as voting for one of these babies

Load Metric

Thread Information