Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 2019 FIFA Women's World Cup.....don't get shut out

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

2019 FIFA Women's World Cup.....don't get shut out

Yeah this is a Saturday night now for me.

It's actually not bad play.... throw in a British play by play voice, pick out the odd blond and next thing you know it's Sunday

Fun fact, I've just heard the cutie above, Leon for Spain has a neck tattoo that says "looks can be deceiving"

Comments

sah_24: Still fucking terrible ...
    Last edited by limitles; 06-08-2019 at 05:20 PM.

Load Metric
    welcome back, I missed you

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by duped_samaritan View Post
    welcome back, I missed you
    thanks mate, gonna take me a while to get up to speed.

When the speed arrives that is

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Go back to napping ...

Comments

unlearn: Worst poster alive

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Canada 1 Cameroon 0 at the half almost literally as a nice header finished the corner kick.

Back of the net

Load Metric
    🇺🇸 13-0 🇹🇭

Load Metric
    Name:  E83D3790-3983-4E20-B113-7001C39D618F.jpeg
Views: 577
Size:  190.1 KB
    It's hilarious that we as a society think everyone can be a dr, a lawyer, an engineer. Some people are just fucking stupid. Why can't we just accept that?

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by 1marley1 View Post
    🇺🇸 13-0 🇹🇭
    Hear we go. Just saw the highlight reel and the American team embarrassed themselves internationally.
    Not only did they run the score up on Thailand they celebrated each goal like it was extra time in the finals.

What's up with you people?

Comments

sah_24: Back to napping you drunk loser ...

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by limitles View Post
    🇺🇸 13-0 🇹🇭
    Hear we go. Just saw the highlight reel and the American team embarrassed themselves internationally.
    Not only did they run the score up on Thailand they celebrated each goal like it was extra time in the finals.

Nobody who knows the first thing about soccer thinks that.

Every goal counts in group stage.

And, like they say in every other soccer match ever played, this is not the World Cup. Oh yeah, it is.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

And, like they say in every other soccer match ever played, this is not the World Cup. Oh yeah, it is.
    Your take is incorrect. I didn't watch the game but the The Sports Network has it's panel of former players etc. after each game and they spent a fair bit of time on the subject. It's one thing to blast the opponent with goals, another to rub their noses in it.

Comments

sah_24: No as always your take is the incorrect one ... drink some more lol

Load Metric

Your take is incorrect. I didn't watch the game but the The Sports Network has it's panel of former players etc. after each game and they spent a fair bit of time on the subject. It's one thing to blast the opponent with goals, another to rub their noses in it.
    Is anyone really surprised that Les is drunk?

Comments

sah_24: No ... (i greened jsearles, hell must be freezing over)
    It's hilarious that we as a society think everyone can be a dr, a lawyer, an engineer. Some people are just fucking stupid. Why can't we just accept that?

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by jsearles22 View Post
    Name:  E83D3790-3983-4E20-B113-7001C39D618F.jpeg
Views: 577
Size:  190.1 KB
    Same photo you used four years ago
    What a talent

Diamond
    Load Metric
    Is there an easier person to have by the balls than faggotfull, what an epic fail return to the forums

Load Metric

I think your take is incorrect. Those on the panel for TSN have history & an axe to grind with the US national team. Olympics anyone? They went way over the top with their criticism IMO.
    (•_•) ..
    ∫\ \___( •_•)
    _∫∫ _∫∫ɯ \ \

Quote Originally Posted by Hockey Guy
    I'd say good luck in the freeroll but I'm pretty sure you'll go on a bender to self-sabotage yourself & miss it completely or use it as the excuse of why you didn't cash.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Hockey Guy View Post

I think your take is incorrect. Those on the panel for TSN have history & an axe to grind with the US national team. Olympics anyone? They went way over the top with their criticism IMO.
    Welll lit's an opinion and one I agree with. Running up the score on an opponent is not a new subject. To celebrate the 10th or 11th goal like it's some kind of miracle is poor sportsmanship

Comments

sah_24: You must have missed where Tailand did the same thing to an opponent. You might be one of the dumbest people ever on a forum. Good representation of Canadians tho ... lol

Load Metric

Welll lit's an opinion and one I agree with. Running up the score on an opponent is not a new subject. To celebrate the 10th or 11th goal like it's some kind of miracle is poor sportsmanship
    Yeah sure, I agree it was unsportsmanlike but the criticism from that panel was also way over the top considering their first hand history with the US national team.
    (•_•) ..
    ∫\ \___( •_•)
    _∫∫ _∫∫ɯ \ \

I'd say good luck in the freeroll but I'm pretty sure you'll go on a bender to self-sabotage yourself & miss it completely or use it as the excuse of why you didn't cash.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Not just Canadians criticizing the story...

The TSN crew who I referenced earlier actually received death threats over this.

The U.S. women's national team has come under fire for poor sportsmanship after recording the blowout in the tournament's history during their opening game in France

The U.S. women's 13-0 shellacking of Thailand to kick off their Women's World Cup title defense on Tuesday inspired confidence, but also came under criticism from some who felt the team showed poor sportsmanship by continuing to score and celebrate in front of an already-beaten opponent.
    Tuesday's score was the biggest blowout in the tournament's history, with Alex Morgan scoring five goals in a dominating win for the Americans.
    "0.0 problem with the score line as this is THE tournament BUT celebrating goals (like #9) leaves a sour taste in my mouth like many of you. Curious to see if anyone apologizes for this postgame. " tweeted Taylor Twellman, an ESPN soccer analyst and former player for the New England Revolution and the U.S. men's national team.

Other sports commentators and former soccer stars also weighed in.
    "I would tone down the celebration on the 9th goal, but that’s just me," tweeted Maximiliano Bretos, play-by-play announcer for the Los Angeles Football Club "the goal celebrations at 9-0, 10-0, 11-0 are so overboard. Why are they even trying to score anymore.

Other commentators said they found the women's play and celebrations embarrassing.
    U.S. women's soccer coach Jill Ellis said her players didn't consider pulling back because it would disrespect their opponent.

https://www.foxnews.com/sports/us-wo...als-in-blowout

Load Metric
    I'm aware of the death threats but is this even remotely surprising considering the wife of the owner of the Golden State warriors received death threats from Beyonce fans because a picture during game 3 seemed to make it look like Beyonce was giving her the stink eye for her speaking to JayZ even though Beyonce & JayZ were personal guests of theirs at the game?

Your examples of others chiming in just make my point. Saying "I would tone down the celebration on the 9th goal, but that’s just me," or calling the celebration on the later goals "embarrassing" is what the reaction should be, not what the TSN panel did but we all know they have an agenda that goes back a few years.
    (•_•) ..
    ∫\ \___( •_•)
    _∫∫ _∫∫ɯ \ \

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    I'm aware of the death threats but is this even remotely surprising considering the wife of the owner of the Golden State warriors received death threats from Beyonce fans because a picture during game 3 seemed to make it look like Beyonce was giving her the stink eye for her speaking to JayZ even though Beyonce & JayZ were personal guests of theirs at the game?

Your examples of others chiming in just make my point. Saying "I would tone down the celebration on the 9th goal, but that’s just me," or calling the celebration on the later goals "embarrassing" is what the reaction should be, not what the TSN panel did but we all know they have an agenda that goes back a few years.
    My examples make your point??? Just the opposite. Those examples were from American broadcasters who if anything might avoid or pussyfoot around such an issue. As far as the agenda that "we all know they have" be careful when you use statements like that because I have never heard a hint of anything you are describing.

Sometimes you have to stand up and speak the truth no matter what flak you get. I hate apologists who ignore what they see in front of them. Backbone

And several soccer analysts including the TSN crew pointed out the move by veteran Carli Lloyd
    who at the end of the game walked directly to the Thai goaltender displaying compassion.

A former U.S. star said this

Scoring 13 against Thailand was great, some of the US celebrations were not

Hope Solo

Last edited by limitles; 06-12-2019 at 02:21 PM.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

My examples make your point??? Just the opposite. Those examples were from American broadcasters who if anything might avoid or pussyfoot around such an issue. As far as the agenda that "we all know they have" be careful when you use statements like that because I have never heard a hint of anything you are describing.

Sometimes you have to stand up and speak the truth no matter what flak you get. I hate apologists who ignore what they see in front of them. Backbone

Your stupidity is truly mind boggling ... but to be expected from a drunk

Comments

unlearn: Kill yourseld

Thread Information