Thread: Two concert prices. One for people of color and one for whites.

Load Metric

Two concert prices. One for people of color and one for whites.

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/...153825185.html

It's late, I just got finished listening to Druff, and I wasn't going to post anything, but this was just so annoying and sad to read that I thought that I should. I just turned 70 an hour or two ago and it's great that race relations have changed from what they were in the 50's when I was a little kid to what they are today. We've gone from mobs of whites protesting to keep little black kids out of their schools and Southern gas stations with 4 bathrooms to a black president. Then, you read something like this piece. At any rate, my taste in music is mostly alternative rock, but Tiny Jag is now my favorite rapper.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Amazingly, I believe discounts based upon gender, age, race, etc are legal in most places because anti-discrimination laws only apply to housing, jobs, and ability to go somewhere or take part in an activity.

This does NOT apply to pricing or discounts.

Therefore, I believe it's actually legal to charge whites more than other races.

This is the same reason it's legal for the WSOP to charge men more money to enter women's events, but they can't completely forbid men from entering. I assume that at some point the pricing difference would be seen as an impossible barrier to entry, such as if entering the women's WSOP event would be $1000 for females and $1,000,000 for males. Presumably that's why it's $10,000 for males rather than higher.

Anyway good for Tiny Jag for standing up to this BS.

The organizers of the concert are full of shit in their explanation:

WHY DO WE HAVE POC(PEOPLE OF COLOR) AND NONPOC(WHITE PEOPLE) TICKETS? I'M GLAD YOU ASKED!

EQUALITY MEANS TREATING EVERYONE THE SAME

EQUITY IS INSURING EVERYONE HAS WHAT THEY NEED TO BE SUCCESSFUL

OUR TICKET STRUCTURE WAS BUILT TO INSURE THAT THE MOST MARGINALIZED COMMUNITIES (PEOPLE OF COLOR) ARE PROVIDED WITH AN EQUITABLE CHANCE AT ENJOYING EVENTS IN THEIR OWN COMMUNITY(BLACK DETROIT).

AFFORDING JOY AND PLEASURE IS UNFORTUNATELY STILL A PRIVILEGE IN OUR SOCIETY FOR POC AND WE BELIEVE EVERYONE SHOULD HAVE ACCESS TO RECEIVING SUCH.

WE'VE SEEN TOO MANY TIMES ORGASMIC EVENTS HAPPENING IN DETROIT AND OTHER POC POPULATED CITIES AND WHAT CONSISTENTLY HAPPENS IS PEOPLE OUTSIDE OF THE COMMUNITY BENEFITING MOST FROM AFFORDABLE TICKET PRICES BECAUSE OF THEIR PROXIMITY TO WEALTH.

THIS CYCLE DISPROPORTIONATELY DISPLACES BLACK AND BROWN PEOPLE FROM ENJOYING ENTERTAINMENT IN THEIR OWN COMMUNITIES.
    This is a load of bullshit. If black people are really being shut out of concerts in their own communities because rich white people are displacing them, an extra $10 to get in the door isn't going to dissuade rich whitey from going.

In reality, the organizers just hate white people, don't really want them there, and only find it worth it to have them present if whitey pays double.

Load Metric
    It’s kind of payback for there being two prices for home loans issued by most banks in the US, and this happened well after the infamous federal government-coordinated redlining that was halted in the 70s, and which Dodd-Frank tried to address at great consternation to those motherfucking racist who dominate a huge swathe of the banking industry.

Comments

blake: a caricature of a liberal

dwai: this cannot be for real

tony bagadonuts: You don't even believe this

sah_24: Yes liberals are actually this fucking stupid ...

RS_: i thought this was sarcasm at first....it has to be...right? /facepalm
    I actually hope this [second impeachment] succeeds, because I want Trump put down politically like a sick, 14-year-old dog. ... I don't want him complicating the 2024 primary season. I just want him done.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Were Republicans cowardly or unethical not to go along with [convicting Trump in the second impeachment Senate trial]? No. The smart move was to reject it.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by MumblesBadly View Post
    It’s kind of payback for there being two prices for home loans issued by most banks in the US, and this happened well after the infamous federal government-coordinated redlining that was halted in the 70s, and which Dodd-Frank tried to address at great consternation to those motherfucking racist who dominate a huge swathe of the banking industry. (You can guess which folk face the higher interest rates and fees.)
    Yes, let's engage in racism in 2019 for "payback" for other racism in the '70s.

Load Metric
    It’s kind of payback for there being two prices for home loans issued by most banks in the US, and this happened well after the infamous federal government-coordinated redlining that was halted in the 70s, and which Dodd-Frank tried to address at great consternation to those motherfucking racist who dominate a huge swathe of the banking industry.
    You are so fucking stupid it's amazing.

Comments

blake: he really is

RS_:
    "I GOT NO TOE"

#FreeFluffler #FreeThisGuyIsCreepy #lockupGarrett

Load Metric
    You know, there's a place where this wouldn't happen.

Load Metric
    It’s kind of payback for there being two prices for home loans issued by most banks in the US, and this happened well after the infamous federal government-coordinated redlining that was halted in the 70s, and which Dodd-Frank tried to address at great consternation to those motherfucking racist who dominate a huge swathe of the banking industry. (You can guess which folk face the higher interest rates and fees.)
    Yes, let's engage in racism in 2019 for "payback" for other racism in the '70s.

Uhhh... Redlining was officially ended in the 1970s, but bankers figured out other ways to screw over minority borrowers, essentially by circumventing the rules put in place by the Community Reinvestment Act, which requires banks to offer home loans in neighborhoods where they have branches. For example, in Philadephia, a major bank moved its branch in an urban area that was on the ground floor with a street-facing entrance to a floor much higher up, accessible only through going through security with an appointment, and with its street address not easily publicly available. So, you would only likely know this branch exists in that neighborhood if you got the location froma referral. (Pssst! That branch is intended to only serve rich clients.)

Comments

dwai: you are seriously off the rails you can't be this upset

sah_24: perfect example of how dumb the left is ... please keep it up lol
    I actually hope this [second impeachment] succeeds, because I want Trump put down politically like a sick, 14-year-old dog. ... I don't want him complicating the 2024 primary season. I just want him done.
    Were Republicans cowardly or unethical not to go along with [convicting Trump in the second impeachment Senate trial]? No. The smart move was to reject it.

Load Metric
    Of course they can do this. Clubs are free to discriminate. They do it against men all the time. It’s called a cover charge.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Jayjami View Post
    Of course they can do this. Clubs are free to discriminate. They do it against men all the time. It’s called a cover charge.
    Only “ORGASMIC EVENTS“.

Clubs fall into this category

Load Metric
    Until you can use your food stamps for the ticket price, there is not fair equity.

Comments

sah_24: Lol ...

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by handicapme View Post
    You forget, fantasy sports bet welcher, that I used to study banking and finance academically. And in that time, I ran across enough scholarly research that convinced me that it such discrimination wasn’t just “liberal bullshit”. Hell! The Boston Fed even published some key research in the 90’s on the matter, which is referenced in this peer reviewed paper that investigated it further.

https://pubs.aeaweb.org/doi/pdf/10.1257/jep.12.2.41

And nothing regulatory-wise was done after that to address racial lending discrimination until Dodd-Frank post the 2008 financial crisis. And Team Trump+GOP in 2018 was successful in defanging a portion Dodd-Frank to make easier for banks to discriminate against minorities. Hell! They even tend to do it for basic banking services!

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opini...bbe_story.html

But keep denying it, conservotards, it it makes you feel better.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

You forget, fantasy sports bet welcher, that I used to study banking and finance academically. And in that time, I ran across enough scholarly research that convinced me that it such discrimination wasn’t just “liberal bullshit”. Hell! The Boston Fed even published some key research in the 90’s on the matter, which is referenced in this peer reviewed paper that investigated it further.

And nothing regulatory-wise was done after that to address racial lending discrimination until Dodd-Frank post the 2008 financial crisis. And Team Trump+GOP in 2018 was successful in defanging a portion Dodd-Frank to make easier for banks to discriminate against minorities. Hell! They even tend to do it for basic banking services!

Ya I am sure you studied it a lot for your truck driving profession lol ...

Load Metric
    Mumbles, i think that you're old enough to remember the vile and violent history of race relations and dejure segregation in this country. How does behavior like this by the concert promoters help things in any way if the ultimate goal is a society where race doesn't matter?

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnCommode View Post
    Mumbles, i think that you're old enough to remember the vile and violent history of race relations and dejure segregation in this country. How does behavior like this by the concert promoters help things in any way if the ultimate goal is a society where race doesn't matter?
    To be frank, making the pricing explicitly different based on race is both illegal *and* gauche. Would be so much more in tune with modern racism if it was implicit, say, based on hair style (discount for kinkier hair) and/or depth of a “tan” (using a shade pallet stick, and greater discount for darker “tan”).

Name:  0255F3B7-07B1-4B26-A5D4-6179B5B068AC.gif
Views: 213
Size:  980.7 KB

Load Metric

You drive a fucking truck and use google for all your "insightful" intelligence. Yea go fuck yourself.

Comments

MumblesBadly: What’s worse: A banker who doesn’t know to adjust cross-currency denominated returns for changes in exchanges rates, or a lowly trucker who does??? https://www.investmentfrontier.com/2017/06/19/calculate-currency-adjusted-returns/
    "I GOT NO TOE"

#FreeFluffler #FreeThisGuyIsCreepy #lockupGarrett

Thread Information