Page 1 of 44 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Floyd Mayweather vs Conor McGregor Thread

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

Official Floyd Mayweather vs Conor McGregor Thread

The Official Promo came out today, might as well start the official thread about this shitshow considering the majority of this website is gonna have action on it, either way, as we lead up to the fight:

http://www.miraclecovers.com

"Donk down, that’s what you say to someone after they have lost 28K straight?" - Phil Hellmuth, online

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Currently -

Mayweather -685

MCGregor +510

Load Metric
    went to the Conor-Aldo press tour event in Boston a few years ago, was in a beautiful old theater in Uphams Corner, of all places. Was so much fun, mostly just a shit-ton of Conor ridiculing Aldo mercilessly for the entire thing. The press tour for this one will be exponentially bigger, and probably a shit-ton of fun if you can get to it in your area.

MAYWEATHER vs. MCGREGOR World Tour Dates & Cities
    TUESDAY, JULY 11
    LOS ANGELES
    STAPLES Center
    Fan Entry: To acquire a complimentary ticket to the Los Angeles event go to AXS.com beginning today, July 7 at Noon PT. You MUST have a ticket to enter. Tickets available on a first-come, first-served basis and will be limited to four (4) per customer.

WEDNESDAY, JULY 12
    TORONTO
    Sony Centre for the Performing Arts
    Fan Entry: Ticket information is forthcoming

THURSDAY, JULY 13
    BROOKLYN, NEW YORK
    Barclays Center
    Fan Entry: Complimentary tickets to the Brooklyn event are available now at Ticketmaster.com. Tickets will also be available at the American Express Box Office at Barclays Center starting Saturday, July 8 at noon (if tickets are still available). You MUST have a ticket to enter. Tickets available on a first-come, first-served basis and will be limited to four (4) per customer.

FRIDAY, JULY 14
    LONDON
    The SSE Arena, Wembley
    Fan Entry: Ticket information is forthcoming

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by NaturalBornHustler View Post
    Currently -

Mayweather -685

MCGregor +510

I am a degen but not touching either side of this with a dollar. Also wouldnt spend 1k to go to the fight even with prime seats. Will of course add to their pockets as will buy the PPV with drunk friends.

I actually think the PPV numbers will be weaker than expected as I think the majority of it will come from UFC fans which is a much smaller market than boxing. I dont think the boxing fan is going to shell out the cash for this . Ironically, I dont think it is the main event that convinces the boxing fan to buy this. i think they actually need a "real" undercard fight to get the boxing fan that is on the edge about whether to buy this or not.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    This shit is gonna be so boring luls, no actual boxing fan honestly gives 2 shits about this shit show

Comments

SysOp:

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by sah_24 View Post
    This shit is gonna be so boring luls, no actual boxing fan honestly gives 2 shits about this shit show

that marketing machine.... they're gonna make a ton of cash but I agree.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by cmoney View Post
    Currently -

Mayweather -685

MCGregor +510

I am a degen but not touching either side of this with a dollar. Also wouldnt spend 1k to go to the fight even with prime seats. Will of course add to their pockets as will buy the PPV with drunk friends.

I actually think the PPV numbers will be weaker than expected as I think the majority of it will come from UFC fans which is a much smaller market than boxing. I dont think the boxing fan is going to shell out the cash for this . Ironically, I dont think it is the main event that convinces the boxing fan to buy this. i think they actually need a "real" undercard fight to get the boxing fan that is on the edge about whether to buy this or not.
    There isn't a bigger lock on the planet than Mayweather at -685.

If you are really fearful of a conspiracy or something, just the fight taking place is -900.

Seems like free money either way to me if you have a nice chunk to put out.
    Last edited by NaturalBornHustler; 07-07-2017 at 02:25 PM.

Load Metric

There isn't a bigger lock on the planet than Conor at -685.

If you are really fearful of a conspiracy or something, just the fight taking place is -900.

I know you mean Mayweather at -685 and not Conor . However, I have lost a lambo betting against Conor so done betting against him. Not even an exaggeration.

Load Metric
    Currently -

Mayweather -685

MCGregor +510

Yep. I am a huge boxing fan, and I will be in bed long before this charade even starts. I view this as when the Yankees play some random college team in Florida during Spring Training. It's a total gimmick. I get why Floyd is doing this, he is saying if someone is going to give him $200M, he is going to do it, even if its basically an exhibition. I'll just watch Hulk Hogan v Rocky Balboa from Rocky III.

Load Metric
    Currently -

Mayweather -685

MCGregor +510

Whos on the undercard? I think this is where I am right now. I'd probably buy this shit show if theres a fight on the undercard that I want to see.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by SetofKs View Post

Whos on the undercard? I think this is where I am right now. I'd probably buy this shit show if theres a fight on the undercard that I want to see.

I dont think they have announced it which is a fail with tickets on sale and a month left. They could put together something relatively cheap but they need this to get the boxing crowd to purchase. It is retarded and seems like common sense to me.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by SetofKs View Post

I dont think they have announced it which is a fail with tickets on sale and a month left. They could put together something relatively cheap but they need this to get the boxing crowd to purchase. It is retarded and seems like common sense to me.
    Gervante "Tank" Davis is fighting someone, just announced today.

He is a fucking beast.

Comments

JMM:

Load Metric

He is a fucking beast.
    That is a start. Imagine if they could pull off a Manny/Jeff Horn rematch in time. Never going to happen but something like that would do it.

Platinum
    Load Metric

He is a fucking beast.
    That is a start. Imagine if they could pull off a Manny/Jeff Horn rematch in time. Never going to happen but something like that would do it.

Gervonta fights like Floyd used to.

Load Metric
    already have a thread.

Load Metric

There isn't a bigger lock on the planet than Conor at -685.

I know you mean Mayweather at -685 and not Conor . However, I have lost a lambo betting against Conor so done betting against him. Not even an exaggeration.
    I understand what you're saying. I haven't lost any huge money betting, ever, really. Because I don't bet huge money....because I don't have huge money.

But this whole goddamn thing just feels like a circus. Everything about this screams "free money" betting on Mayweather. But the whole shit just feels off to me.

I have no idea what's going to happen, but it just feels like something stupid is going to happen that makes this out to be the joke that most of us believe that it is.

Load Metric
    But make no mistake, if this turns out to be an actual fight, and not just some exhibition, Mayweather is going to beat the living shit out of McGregor.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by JMM View Post

I understand what you're saying. I haven't lost any huge money betting, ever, really. Because I don't bet huge money....because I don't have huge money.

But this whole goddamn thing just feels like a circus. Everything about this screams "free money" betting on Mayweather. But the whole shit just feels off to me.

I have no idea what's going to happen, but it just feels like something stupid is going to happen that makes this out to be the joke that most of us believe that it is.
    see that's what I asked earlier...seems the bet would be to take connor at plus money just because of the batshit crazy stuff that happens in boxing...especially after what we witnessed last week...just wondering if it's enough of a plus price to fire on...

the only issue with that whole conspiracy theory is that Floyd is undefeated and I'm gonna guess that it'd be a cold day in hell before he'd want to give that up to some MMA guy...

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by GambleBotsChafedPenis View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by JMM View Post

see that's what I asked earlier...seems the bet would be to take connor at plus money just because of the batshit crazy stuff that happens in boxing...especially after what we witnessed last week...just wondering if it's enough of a plus price to fire on...

the only issue with that whole conspiracy theory is that Floyd is undefeated and I'm gonna guess that it'd be a cold day in hell before he'd want to give that up to some MMA guy...
    See, and that's the thing. If there's one thing that trumps Floyd's love of money, it's how much he loves himself, and that perfect record.

There's no goddamn way he lays down in this fight. No chance.

Everything I know about fighting tells me that Floyd can end this fight when he wants to. It's simply a mismatch in a boxing ring. But to make any real money you're going to need to predict the outcome. And Floyd, despite the fact that he most certainly CAN finish McGregor, may very well be content with just carrying Conor through the fight.

I'm not sure these two won't be in the locker room laughing before and after the fight, riding in the same limo to the bank.

My issue isn't that I don't want to bet against Conor, it's that I don't know what the fuck Mayweather wants out of this fight.

Load Metric
    find me a prop on conor's corner throwing in the towel.
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Thread Information