Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 41011121314151617 LastLast

Thread: *** OFFICIAL *** NBA 2019-20 thread

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Lillard put up 61 against the Warriors, adding to his 60 he got earlier this season.

He's the shortest player to ever put up 60 or more. Lillard is listed as 6'2".

Since NBA players always have their heights exaggerated by 2-3 inches, it's strange to think about the fact that I'm likely taller than Lillard, Westbrook, Steph Curry, and around the same as Harden.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Lillard put up 61 against the Warriors, adding to his 60 he got earlier this season.

Since NBA players always have their heights exaggerated by 2-3 inches, it's strange to think about the fact that I'm likely taller than Lillard, Westbrook, Steph Curry, and around the same as Harden.
    The NBA passed a rule last year requiring legit heights. I believe most stayed the same or lost except Durant who was listed at 6’9 and was actually 6’10. Not to say teams couldn’t still play the shoes no shoes game a touch, but I have a feeling Harden is a pretty legit 6’5, and WB and Curry a legit 6’3. Idk about Dame. I can’t recall word after the rule passed about him. Idk what you are.

I really just came into thread to say I’m looking forward to seeing Zion tonight and tell, I believe it was verm, that he appears to be correct on Ingram, who I really didn’t think was a player, but has really made strides this year and New Orleans has a bright future.

Load Metric

You sure about that? Allen Iverson did it and was shorter.

Comments

dwai: useless troll
    Quote Originally Posted by Baron Von Strucker View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by kmksmkn View Post
    Does anybody know if u can get a work visa for playing online poker in the UK
    I have had Issues with credit cards in Europe
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyde View Post
    you're more consumed with accumulating wealth than achieving spiritual enlightenment
    Quote Originally Posted by tgull View Post
    Getting a little surf and turf tonight. In my world that is Sea Bass with a nice lobster tail on the side. And grilled asparagus. It's nice having money.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Muck Ficon View Post

You sure about that? Allen Iverson did it and was shorter.
    He mentioned the 60 earlier in the post. There are only like five or six guys to put up multiple 60 pointers. Dame is the smallest to do it more than once. All the other guys are legends of the game types.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by BCR View Post

The NBA passed a rule last year requiring legit heights. I believe most stayed the same or lost except Durant who was listed at 6’9 and was actually 6’10. Not to say teams couldn’t still play the shoes no shoes game a touch, but I have a feeling Harden is a pretty legit 6’5, and WB and Curry a legit 6’3. Idk about Dame. I can’t recall word after the rule passed about him. Idk what you are.

I really just came into thread to say I’m looking forward to seeing Zion tonight and tell, I believe it was verm, that he appears to be correct on Ingram, who I really didn’t think was a player, but has really made strides this year and New Orleans has a bright future.
    Oh, I didn't know that. Looking at Curry, he doesn't appear 6'3" to me, but maybe that's because I am comparing him to the taller players around him, and also I can't stand next to him to compare. But usually I can look at someone from a distance and see if they are taller or shorter than me. Curry appears a little bit shorter, but maybe I'm wrong.

I'm like 6'2.5

If the listed heights are legit, then Harden is taller than me, even if they exaggerated by an inch.

Curry and I actually have something else in common, but it's something I can't state out here. You guys can use your imagination. I wish it was net worth or basketball ability.

Bronze
    Load Metric

Oh, I didn't know that. Looking at Curry, he doesn't appear 6'3" to me, but maybe that's because I am comparing him to the taller players around him, and also I can't stand next to him to compare. But usually I can look at someone from a distance and see if they are taller or shorter than me. Curry appears a little bit shorter, but maybe I'm wrong.

I'm like 6'2.5

If the listed heights are legit, then Harden is taller than me, even if they exaggerated by an inch.

Curry and I actually have something else in common, but it's something I can't state out here. You guys can use your imagination. I wish it was net worth or basketball ability.
    Harden is 6'4" maybe 6'5". Ran into him a year or so ago at the Venetian surrounded by a harem of the finest.

Load Metric
    i praised Ingram for the first time ever and he promptly ruined zions coming out party. I’m back to he sucks.

Where has Blake been in this thread. The Sixers man, they can’t get it together.

Load Metric
    Where has Blake been in this thread. The Sixers man, they can’t get it together.
    which is why I’ve been silent. such a depressing season. I was sure they were going to the finals

sixers need to get rid of their coach to see if someone else can get Embiid and Simmons to mesh. otherwise Simmons needs to be traded.

on another note, zion 4-4 from 3 was impressive

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    How are the Pacers 29-16? What was their predicted win total at the beginning of the season?

Toronto has an even better record, but has all the looks of a team that's going to choke in the playoffs again. Though to be honest, if any team but Milwaukee wins the east, it will be a big upset.

The Sixers and Rockets are similar to me this year. Both have misleadingly solid 63% win records, yet both have poor chemistry and tend to choke off leads. The Sixers are clearly in worse shape, but I'd be shocked if the Rockets make it too far this year, unless they improve before the deadline.

Load Metric

I'm like 6'2.5

Small penis?

Sorry had to.

Load Metric
    Someone tell Andre Drummond that bigs who cant shoot outside are the running backs of the NBA now.

He's gonna get stuck in Detroit until free agency with his supposed contract demands.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by gut View Post
    Someone tell Andre Drummond that bigs who cant shoot outside are the running backs of the NBA now.

He's gonna get stuck in Detroit until free agency with his supposed contract demands.
    Yeah, such a strange player in general. One of those guys who isn’t always engaged and doesn’t understand what his role should be in the modern NBA. He’s the rare physical freak who has the athleticism and speed and strength to actually be incredibly valuable even as the direction of the game has passed centers by, but he ends up dribbling to try to take guys one on one in a league where he needs to be using his rebounding to push the pace. Granted, his team sucks, so to what degree they want him to attempt to be the 1 option, which clearly isn’t a role for him, or if he does that on his own.

He’s not a max player and I don’t know to what degree he’s coachable. As a role player who understands his role, there are fees guys who could be more useful than he could. He has an elite skill set outside shooting when he’s engaged. He’s just all over the map as a player. Really hard to evaluate. Always been high efficiency yet not a significant plus on the on court/off court sense and certainly not conducive to winning presently. He’s meant to be a role player on a team of shooters.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by gut View Post

Yeah, such a strange player in general. One of those guys who isn’t always engaged and doesn’t understand what his role should be in the modern NBA. He’s the rare physical freak who has the athleticism and speed and strength to actually be incredibly valuable even as the direction of the game has passed centers by, but he ends up dribbling to try to take guys one on one in a league where he needs to be using his rebounding to push the pace. Granted, his team sucks, so to what degree they want him to attempt to be the 1 option, which clearly isn’t a role for him, or if he does that on his own.

He’s not a max player and I don’t know to what degree he’s coachable. As a role player who understands his role, there are fees guys who could be more useful than he could. He has an elite skill set outside shooting when he’s engaged. He’s just all over the map as a player. Really hard to evaluate. Always been high efficiency yet not a significant plus on the on court/off court sense and certainly not conducive to winning presently. He’s meant to be a role player on a team of shooters.
    Sounds like a great New York Knicks acquisition!

Am excited for my first look at Luka Doncic in Portland tonight; it's unreal how good he already is.
    PokerFraudAlert...will never censor your claims, even if they're against one of our sponsors. In addition to providing you an open forum report fraud within the poker community, we will also analyze your claims with a clear head an unbiased point of view. And, of course, the accused will always have the floor to defend themselves.-Dan Druff

Platinum
    Load Metric
    gonna need a trip report SJ...

6'7, 230 at his age playing against pretty decent pros since he was 14...fucking crazy...i mean zion is probably gonna be a helluva player, but he can't hold a candle to what luka is doing at his age...

i doubt it would have made a ton of difference, but wonder what woulda happened if LeBron followed that same path...doubt that he could have been that much better of a player...maybe a title or two his first time around in Cleveland?

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by GambleBotsChafedPenis View Post
    gonna need a trip report SJ...

6'7, 230 at his age playing against pretty decent pros since he was 14...fucking crazy...i mean zion is probably gonna be a helluva player, but he can't hold a candle to what luka is doing at his age...

i doubt it would have made a ton of difference, but wonder what woulda happened if LeBron followed that same path...doubt that he could have been that much better of a player...maybe a title or two his first time around in Cleveland?
    Isn’t Bronny about that age?

LeBron really is despicable as a self absorbed, clueless fuck but imagine the son internalizing the “my greatest dream is playing with my son in the NBA”

No pressure kid. Have a nice adolescence.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    There's now 4 mini All Star Games.

Seriously.

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/...bryant-tribute

This actually might be a positive change. The last few All Star Games have been boring as hell, and the complete lack of defense has made it painful to watch.

Load Metric

Seriously.

This actually might be a positive change. The last few All Star Games have been boring as hell, and the complete lack of defense has made it painful to watch.
    If Bernie Sanders designed an All Star game it would like like this.

The players don’t care to compete with one another. Fix that. do a skills exhibition and move on.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanlmar View Post

Seriously.

If Bernie Sanders designed an All Star game it would like like this.

The players don’t care to compete with one another. Fix that. do a skills exhibition and move on.
    Seriously.

I watched youtube clips of the dodgeball games and passing competitions from pro-bowl week. Did not watch a minute of the actual game.

Load Metric

Seriously.

Sounds like the regular season at this point

Thread Information