Thread: Glenn Beck just straight up stole Steven Crowder's e-mail list of 300,000 followers, and there's nothing Crowder can do about it

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

Glenn Beck just straight up stole Steven Crowder's e-mail list of 300,000 followers, and there's nothing Crowder can do about it

Steven Crowder is a right-wing YouTuber whose fame has rapidly grown over the past 5-6 years.

I used to be a big fan of his. However, his show started going downhill in late 2018, and he also got on the "stolen election" train after November 2020, which was just cringe and very difficult to watch. I mostly moved my YouTube right wing political watching over to the much more measured Ben Shapiro, but I still occasionally watch Crowder. I still have a soft spot for Crowder, because it was during his show when my brain "broke through" during my intense depression/anxiety in 2018. After about 7 weeks of not being able to feel any positive emotion, I laughed at Crowder's show one night in October 2018, and that was the beginning of what would be a rapid improvement after that. Crowder's show didn't cure me, but it was during his show when things first showed signs of going back to normal, so I'll forever remember that moment.

Crowder's show was originally independent. The weekly show went daily in an attempt to grow, and Crowder monetized this move by creating "Mug Club", a subscription format where much of the show content required a paid membership, and free members only got short highlight clips. This was somewhat successful, and Crowder's popularity was still growing. However, the show still needed a bigger budget for what Crowder wanted to do.

In 2017, the independent Crowder joined CRTV, in order to get access to a bigger budget and presumably higher pay for himself. Mug Club continued to exist, and postured as is if it was the same as before, but a major change occurred. A signup for Mug Club was actually a subscription to CRTV, and the only difference from a regular CRTV subscription was that you'd get a Crowder mug. Keep that in mind for later in this post.

CRTV was owned by poker-playing billionaire Cary Katz (who also owns PokerGo), but Katz eventually got out of that business, mostly due to headaches related to a legal dispute with one of CRTV's former hosts. In late 2018, CRTV merged with Glenn Beck's TheBlaze, which resulted in Crowder's show being on Beck's network.

Three key sidekicks on the Crowder show -- "Not Gay Jared", "Sven Computer", and "Aaron the Intern" left in 2018. This was related to the CRTV merge. From what I've heard, Crowder had promised the relatively low-paid original crew big raises if they ever grew and saw an increase in the show's budget, but then didn't give them much of a raise when the lucrative CRTV deal happened. This resulted in Sven openly protesting on a show (and immediately getting fired), and Jared quietly (but resentfully) quitting. Aaron, who is Jared's brother, quit along with him.

The show continued on TheBlaze for the past 4 years. Crowder's Mug Club was simply a gateway into a subscription for TheBlaze. Much like the CRTV situation, when you'd sign up for Mug Club, you were really signing up for Beck's network.

In 2019, some fans expressed concern regarding Crowder's partnership with TheBlaze. Some didn't like Beck, and didn't want to give him money. Crowder put out a misleading statement that he "is an independent businessman" and "doesn't work for Glenn Beck". While technically true, Crowder was not telling the whole story. Crowder was (and still is) an independent businessman, but his show had contractually joined TheBlaze network, and could not operate independently. Indeed, Mug Club was just an affiliate of TheBlaze. When you joined MugClub, most of the money went to TheBlaze, with some going to Crowder as a commission. In return, TheBlaze gave Crowder a fairly big budget for the show.

This all came to a head recently. For reasons unknown, Crowder was unhappy with TheBlaze and wanted to quit the network when their contract was up in December 2022. Beck told Crowder that he was welcome to go, but informed Crowder that the list of Mug Club e-malis were legally property of TheBlaze, and would not be provided to Crowder. This infuriated Crowder, who had pretended all this time that he actually controlled MugClub, and now he was going to have egg on his face in various ways. First, anyone who signed up to MugClub during the CRTV or TheBlaze days would no longer be accessible to Crowder. Basically Crowder would be losing the e-mail list of fans for the past 5 years. This includes more than just Mug Club subscribers -- basically it's anyone who ever gave their e-mail to join Crowder's mailing list over the past 5+ years. Second, many subscribed to Mug Club fairly recently, believing it would give them access to a year of Crowder content. Instead, all current Mug Club members will no longer have access to paid Crowder content, even if they signed up and paid recently! As you can imagine, this makes Crowder look really bad, and leaves his paid fans in the lurch.

For months, Crowder has been begging Beck to let him have access to the Mug Club e-mail list. He promised that he would put out a very nice statement about his time at TheBlaze, and would have nothing but good things to say about them. Beck wouldn't have it. Crowder was told that if he left, the e-mail list would stay with TheBlaze.

This has led to Crowder dropping this bizarre announcement on YouTube, announcing "Mug Club Forever", a NEW Mug Club which Crowder actually controls this time:

Crowder also made a cryptic reference to "making it right" for those who recently paid for Mug Club (on TheBlaze), and now won't be getting their Crowder content. Presumably he will give some kind of comp subscription for the lost time to those people, but only if they sign for for Mug Club Forever and give him a way to contact them. Anyone who doesn't sign up for "new" Mug Club will not hear from Crowder anymore, and I assume many will get screwed and not realize how to get whatever comp subscription Crowder gives back to them.

What a mess.

Some of this is Crowder's fault, though. He was never honest and transparent that Mug Club changed from an independent subscription program to support him, and had become simply an affiliate link for CRTV and TheBlaze. He wasn't up front with the fact that your subscription and information was handled, controlled, and owned by Glenn Beck. In fact, my e-mail was sold by CRTV or TheBlaze to the Trump campaign, and I know this because I used a unique e-mail just for my Mug Club signup.

Somewhere Jared and Sven are laughing their asses off.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    By the way, notice that Crowder isn't explaining everything I did above, regarding Beck appropriating his e-mail list. He simply says he can't get in contact with his subscribers as a result of the move off of TheBlaze, and instructs them to sign up again on his new site.

He really, really, really doesn't want to directly admit that Mug Club turned into a simple affiliate deal 5+ years ago, and that these people were paying CRTV/Beck, and not really him.

That was one other thing which bothered me about Crowder. I felt that the evolution of Mug Club from a grassroots support-the-entertainer scheme to an affiliate program for CRTV/TheBlaze was done dishonestly, where Crowder acted like you were still supporting his independent operation. I am actually a big believer in supporting independent media that you enjoy, and in fact was about to subscribe to Crowder to show my appreciation, but he switched over to CRTV just as I was about to do it, so I changed my mind (no pun intended).

Crowder is very talented and funny, but he also seems like an asshole, and not a particularly good businessman.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    OK so I read hate first few sentences and you all can just skip the rest of the boomer, moderate, weak ass soft fucking clown shit Druff wrote. We all know who the fuck Crowder is so don't waste your time. That election denier stuff clearly ruffled Druffs feathers so much he just couldn't take it anymore. Druff doesn't cite a single source for any of his disparaging comments it shall be noted. It almost sounds like Druff made a nice catchy headline and then invented a news story around it. Because I am very familiar with this situation, and have not read a single lurid detail Druff provided anywhere else.

Crowder is leaving the Blaze, and there is a dispute over whose customers are whose with the Blaze and Crowder. That is the story.

Druff sure made it sound salacious on his effort to undermine any REAL conservative voices, which he is not.

Load Metric
    Lol Team Retard (especially angry and tubby naturalborncuckold)

Comments

mickeycrimm: LOL Team Libtard

splitthis: Derp
    PokerFraudAlert...will never censor your claims, even if they're against one of our sponsors. In addition to providing you an open forum report fraud within the poker community, we will also analyze your claims with a clear head an unbiased point of view. And, of course, the accused will always have the floor to defend themselves.-Dan Druff

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by NaturalBornHustler View Post
    OK so I read hate first few sentences and you all can just skip the rest of the boomer, moderate, weak ass soft fucking clown shit Druff wrote. We all know who the fuck Crowder is so don't waste your time. That election denier stuff clearly ruffled Druffs feathers so much he just couldn't take it anymore. Druff doesn't cite a single source for any of his disparaging comments it shall be noted. It almost sounds like Druff made a nice catchy headline and then invented a news story around it. Because I am very familiar with this situation, and have not read a single lurid detail Druff provided anywhere else.

Crowder is leaving the Blaze, and there is a dispute over whose customers are whose with the Blaze and Crowder. That is the story.

Druff sure made it sound salacious on his effort to undermine any REAL conservative voices, which he is not.

If you read the first few sentences, you would see that I still watch Crowder sometimes, and will always have a soft spot for him because it was during his show where I experienced the beginning of recovery to my intense anxiety/depression symptoms in 2018. So I'm not here to trash him.

There is no "dispute" over who owns the customers that signed up for Mug Club in the last 5+ years. Those 100% belong to TheBlaze. When Crowder accepted the big budget from CRTV (and then Beck), he gave up the control and ownership of Mug Club to CRTV/Beck. It matters not that he misled his audience as to who really owned Mug Club.

Crowder knew what he was doing. As long as Beck was shipping him the big checks for the show budget, plus his affiliate commissions, he didn't give a shit about who owned the Mug Club e-mail list. However, he probably didn't think about the consequences of leaving TheBlaze. Either that, or he figured he was a big enough star to where he could pressure Beck into letting him leave with the e-mails. Nothing doing. Beck wouldn't budge, and that doesn't surprise me. That's a valuable list, and Beck was never a guy to give a shit about what people thought of him.

I'm sorry that I got you all riled up when I said that the election denial stuff was bullshit, but it was indeed bullshit. It was also why the Republicans had such a shitty midterm where they otherwise should have crushed.

I actually do feel that Trump got fucked by both media (constant biased negative coverage of him) and social media (suppression of the Hunter Biden laptop story), but that's different from election fraud.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post

Druff sure made it sound salacious

If you read the first few sentences, you would see that I still watch Crowder sometimes, and will always have a soft spot for him because it was during his show where I experienced the beginning of recovery to my intense anxiety/depression symptoms in 2018. So I'm not here to trash him.

There is no "dispute" over who owns the customers that signed up for Mug Club in the last 5+ years. Those 100% belong to TheBlaze. When Crowder accepted the big budget from CRTV (and then Beck), he gave up the control and ownership of Mug Club to CRTV/Beck. It matters not that he misled his audience as to who really owned Mug Club.

Crowder knew what he was doing. As long as Beck was shipping him the big checks for the show budget, plus his affiliate commissions, he didn't give a shit about who owned the Mug Club e-mail list. However, he probably didn't think about the consequences of leaving TheBlaze. Either that, or he figured he was a big enough star to where he could pressure Beck into letting him leave with the e-mails. Nothing doing. Beck wouldn't budge, and that doesn't surprise me. That's a valuable list, and Beck was never a guy to give a shit about what people thought of him.

I'm sorry that I got you all riled up when I said that the election denial stuff was bullshit, but it was indeed bullshit. It was also why the Republicans had such a shitty midterm where they otherwise should have crushed.

I actually do feel that Trump got fucked by both media (constant biased negative coverage of him) and social media (suppression of the Hunter Biden laptop story), but that's different from election fraud.
    Change half the 40K votes Biden won with in the battleground states and Trump wins. It's proven fact that ballot harvesting and stuffing was going on at a scale large enough to sway the election in those states.

But what gets me is why are people crying so hard about people who say the election was stolen? WTF? That shits been going on since George Washington. Happens every election.

When all those Dems, and there were a ton of them, denied that Trump won in 2016 and cried like little bitches while trying to get Congress not to certify the 2016 election did you bitch about that? I didn't bitch about it because that shits been going on forever. I don't give a fuck about it.

People need to get off this "election denier" bullshit. Find a real reason not to support someone.
    Last edited by mickeycrimm; 12-19-2022 at 05:55 PM.
    POKER FAG ALERT! POKER FAG ALERT! FOR GAY SEX CONTACT SLOPPY JOE.

Gold
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by mickeycrimm
    Change half the 40K votes Biden won with in the battleground states and Trump wins. It's proven fact that ballot harvesting and stuffing was going on at a scale large enough to sway the election in those states.

But what gets me is why are people crying so hard about people who say the election was stolen? WTF? That shits been going on since George Washington. Happens every election.

When all those Dems, and there were a ton of them, denied that Trump won in 2016 and cried like little bitches while trying to get Congress not to certify the 2016 election did you bitch about that? I didn't bitch about it because that shits been going on forever. I don't give a fuck about it.
    People need to get off this "election denier" bullshit. Find a real reason not to support someone.

The results between Trump and Biden are debatable, what's not debatable is Bernie would have kicked both of their asses in a fair election.
    Where were you when Bernie was being robbed?
    Last edited by Entropy; 12-19-2022 at 06:48 PM.

Load Metric

Did you actually call Druff a "boomer"? That Gringo is too fucking young to be a "boomer". Boomers are born between 1946 and 1964.
    En boca cerrada, no entran moscas

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Cerveza Fria View Post
    Did you actually call Druff a "boomer"? That Gringo is too fucking young to be a "boomer". Boomers are born between 1946 and 1964.
    Boomers "I can't believe I wore bell bottoms."

Gen X'ers "I can't believe I wore my hair like that."

Millennials "I can't believe I was goth/emo."

Gen Z'ers "I can't believe I cut my dick off."

Comments

splitthis: Lol

Sanlmar: I needed a good laugh. +1

Sheesfaced: I lol’d
    POKER FAG ALERT! POKER FAG ALERT! FOR GAY SEX CONTACT SLOPPY JOE.

Thread Information