Page 12 of 144 FirstFirst ... 289101112131415162262112 ... LastLast

Thread: ELON MUSK IS GOD

Load Metric
    Tesla said Wednesday it delivered a record 97,000 electric vehicles in the third quarter, a nearly 2% increase from the previous period, but still short of analysts’ expectations.

Tesla shares fell nearly 6% in after market trading on the news.

Sanlimar, once again, on his game.
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Feelin' Stronger Every Day tony bagadonuts's Avatar
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by tony bagadonuts View Post
    Buy during the quarter after production numbers get leaked and then sell right before earnings.
    Earnings get released after hours today. If you bought on weakness over the last quarter you could easily have a cost basis between $215-$225. Currently TSLA trades at $254.

Let's see if my thesis holds up.

Load Metric
    Nope, Tesla smashed expectations and the stock is up 10% after hours.

Load Metric

17%.

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by sonatine View Post

17%.
    Ultimately it supports my bull thesis and it's good to see Tesla break out of the trading pattern. Big day for TSLA today.

Comments

Sanlmar: Outstanding trade Tony. Very impressed

Load Metric

Load Metric
    With $10.5 billion bet against Tesla, short sellers suffered paper losses of $1.4 billion on Thursday, erasing 70% of the profits they had logged in 2019, according to S3 Partners, a financial analytics firm. Tesla's shares remain down 10% year to date.

Comments

sonatine: fire.

Load Metric
    im sure its all a big misunderstanding.

NoFraud Poker Room Manager Belly Buster's Avatar
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by simpdog View Post
    With $10.5 billion bet against Tesla, short sellers suffered paper losses of $1.4 billion on Thursday, erasing 70% of the profits they had logged in 2019, according to S3 Partners, a financial analytics firm. Tesla's shares remain down 10% year to date.
    And if the shorters shit themselves and close out their positions, that will heavily push the price up again.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    BTW JACKDANIELS is the first one banned from the thread. He is accusing me of being "duped by a middle aged man who dresses like John Cena"
    #FREEJACK #NEVERFORGET

NoFraud Online Poker Room: http://nofraud.pokerfraudalert.com:8087. For password resets and reload requests PM me.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Belly Buster View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by simpdog View Post
    And if the shorters shit themselves and close out their positions, that will heavily push the price up again.

pretty sure this is what we saw today. simpdog's post is from COB yesterday.

Load Metric
    https://finance.yahoo.com/news/musk-...235340906.html

“Why would anyone make a solar roof? How strange. But it just is a thing that should be. So we’re going to make it.”

Load Metric

17%.
    Ultimately it supports my bull thesis and it's good to see Tesla break out of the trading pattern. Big day for TSLA today.

frustrating; im hearing that the jump from 260-315 was basically predicated on tesla tweaking numbers on a spreadsheet by re-defining some warranty expenses, in so many words.

stock is down like 6% since that tidbit went public and the most frustrating part is i have no idea if its actually a cause for concern or just shorts being shorts because the signal/noise ratio is so utterly out of hand.

something else that jumped out at me from the roth analysis; a pillar of their model is that a saturation point has been reached for domestic tesla sales, and honestly when i read it i was like 'oh shit, heard' but then i sat down and did some number crunching of my own... if my math is right, tesla needs to account for about 1.8% of domestic car sales in order to stay profitable, and thats above and beyond their nascent solar initiative (which i think is going to be a financially significant product within the next 5 years).

in the next 12 months, we will see a truck, a hybrid suv, and the roadster land. i feel like 1.8% is a viable market share target. and thats totally excluding europe/asia sales.

so im gonna stay on this horse but, and im not saying anything new here, i think its going to be a bloody ride for the next year.

Comments

Sanlmar: Good convo

Load Metric
    They need the cash to remove the solar panels from Walmart roofs cause, well, the company is inept and service kinda wasn’t done so fires and such.

Did they offend Amazon too?

With every tick of the clock the car becomes #metoo. Software doesn’t sell. Sex sells. The Tesla image isn’t sex but rather some kind of doobie smoking odd ball.

The brand is a counter cultural statement and that’s niche. When 12 year old boys think Tesla is cool then I’m long

The Matt Damon Christian Bale movie about Shelby is about to drop and you would benefit enormously from the automotive education if you are going to continue down this path.

Shelby, though dead, still conveys marketable cachet. It wasn’t nuts and bolts. It was sex and winning and groovy 60’s stuff.

Similar 4 wheel appliances will be avail. First is not a satisfactory differentiation.

The problem with Tesla is it has cache but not cachet... and they have no cash. I wrote that. Lol. That’s pretty good. Drops mic

Comments

sonatine: rimshottery

Load Metric
    If Elon Musk faked his own death and came back as Matthew McConaughey Tesla might have had a shot.

or maybe a strong women who looks good for her age

real suicide is an option he is obliged to explore with his marketing people if he really cares about his investors

Load Metric
    its interesting to me, that i have two circles of friends who 1) think teslas are sexy 2) own teslas and 3) think elon musk is hot af.

first group: tech employee friends

second group: fantastically wealthy + highly intelligent friends

a lot of 12 year olds would call those people influencers.

Load Metric
    [QUOTE=sonatine;866844]

in the next 12 months, we will see a truck, a hybrid suv, and the roadster land. i feel like 1.8% is a viable market share target. and thats totally excluding europe/asia sales.

i'm sure when they go 1/3 they will blame panasonic for not having enough cell capacity to fulfill their orders/production

it amazes me you don't recognize elon's knack for NEVER EVER EVER meeting a deadline
    Hi Lew!!!

Load Metric
    https://www.cnbc.com/2019/11/05/tesl...top-fires.html

stock seems emotionally stable at 320+ but i have real misgivings about their truck reveal on the 21st.

Load Metric

stock seems emotionally stable at 320+
    Mercy. Depends on your time frame, I guess.

There is a little chart saying that goes, “all gaps get filled”.

BFG - Big Fucking Gap

We will see

Load Metric

this cant possibly be true; any one of will's sputtering broken english rage posts clearly indicates tesla's stock value hasnt grown over 17% since their quarterly earnings report.

biiiiig misunderstanding imo.

that said, i legit think that pickup truck reveal on thursday is going to wipe their gains and then some.

Load Metric

that said, i legit think that pickup truck reveal on thursday is going to wipe their gains and then some.
    I certainly hope so. I'd like to add to my position but $351 is a pretty rich valuation at this time and the technicals indicate the stock is overbought.

Not sure why you're bearish on the pickup, will be interesting to see the reaction. NOTHING would surprise me as it relates to TSLA the stock.

The real bull case for me surrounds the combo of the model Y and the Shanghai giga factory, along with Tesla's huge lead in autonomous driving data.

Thread Information