Thread: So Whats everybodys opinion on how the FT ended last night??

Load Metric

So Whats everybodys opinion on how the FT ended last night??

In someways it was a semibluff by Holmes (top pair only) admittedly and he picked a horrible spot to make a move as it cost him the tournament.. Was he just tired and a little tilted by what was becoming a slogfest between him and Aldemir?? Nearly dead even in chips and looked like a long night ahead as has been the pattern lately of live ME FTs.. Reminded me of the fatal error Farha made not calling against Moneymaker in 2002..

Gold
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryback_feed_me_more View Post
    In someways it was a semibluff by Holmes (top pair only) admittedly and he picked a horrible spot to make a move as it cost him the tournament.. Was he just tired and a little tilted by what was becoming a slogfest between him and Aldemir?? Nearly dead even in chips and looked like a long night ahead as has been the pattern lately of live ME FTs.. Reminded me of the fatal error Farha made not calling against Moneymaker in 2002..
    Holmes played great and deserves respect for his result. However, there was absolutely no reason to be all in with one pair in that spot. I can't comment on if he was tired or tilting but this has to go down as a top ten worst moments in sports history for any pro. Right up there with Buckner in '86, Norwood in 1991 or Alex Gonzalez in the 2003 NL playoff etc etc. With all that money and the bracelet the American goes all in with one pair. I'm never saying am at his or anyone elses level in poker but for me this would not be how I'd walk away with $4 mil feeling so great because for all of time he will be known for the epic fail with it all on the line. Unless he's #1 in the event in a future year.

Load Metric
    lol poker
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    Saw the final hand on Twitter and nearly closed it before the call.

No idea how anyone can watch live poker, what an unbelievable waste of time.
    PokerFraudAlert...will never censor your claims, even if they're against one of our sponsors. In addition to providing you an open forum report fraud within the poker community, we will also analyze your claims with a clear head an unbiased point of view. And, of course, the accused will always have the floor to defend themselves.-Dan Druff

Thread Information