Page 50 of 144 FirstFirst ... 4046474849505152535460100 ... LastLast
Results 981 to 1,000 of 2869

Thread: ELON MUSK IS GOD

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by sonatine View Post
    let me translate this so it kinda fits in with the theme of this thread:

everyone should be keeping a long range put on this and just constantly cashing it out on dips, harvesting the white meat, and then clocking a new one. within 6 months youll be freerolling a $80k payday if things take a dramatic turn.
    ok?

because as it stands your post is basically just a huge glass of whine.
    Can we take a moment to appreciate the irony of your stock market games being driven by a fat orange man riding the biggest bull of your lifetime? Let me know what happens to your stock market fun when the bull kicks you off.

If you can make money in a real bear market, then let's compare notes.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by abrown83 View Post
    let me translate this so it kinda fits in with the theme of this thread:

ok?

because as it stands your post is basically just a huge glass of whine.
    Can we take a moment to appreciate the irony of your stock market games being driven by a fat orange man riding the biggest bull of your lifetime? Let me know what happens to your stock market fun when the bull kicks you off.

Challenge accepted (and point taken).
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric

Easiest way to earn consistent 10-20% annual returns

Find 5-10 companies you really like long-term, sell Puts until you take a position, once you have a position, sell calls until you are moved out. Rinse. Repeat.

Comments

sonatine: thank you, this is choice advice

Load Metric

Find 5-10 companies you really like long-term, sell Puts until you take a position, once you have a position, sell calls until you are moved out. Rinse. Repeat.

ill be honest with you; im not comfortable selling options yet because i havent got my sea legs and i havent studied the math. but everything i read says that your suggestion is, by miles, the smartest way to make money. in a market with less volatility, im going to start migrating into this.

right now, ive been doing well scalping and hitting strangles overnight because, again, volatility is the overwhelming theme or so it seems to me.

when i imagine how im going to adapt to a less volatile (target rich) market, your suggestion is the most logical path by miles.

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric

ill be honest with you; im not comfortable selling options yet because i havent got my sea legs and i havent studied the math. but everything i read says that your suggestion is, by miles, the smartest way to make money. in a market with less volatility, im going to start migrating into this.

right now, ive been doing well scalping and hitting strangles overnight because, again, volatility is the overwhelming theme or so it seems to me.

when i imagine how im going to adapt to a less volatile (target rich) market, your suggestion is the most logical path by miles.
    Are you putting stop losses on your trades?

Cause it's fun to gamble on earnings reports until that company that hasn't missed in 5 years misses and you lose a cool 10k....not speaking from experience or anything.

Load Metric

Are you putting stop losses on your trades?

Cause it's fun to gamble on earnings reports until that company that hasn't missed in 5 years misses and you lose a cool 10k....not speaking from experience or anything.
    heard.

i lost 13k on facebook and another 4k on tsla in about 12 minutes a few weeks back because i use options to target after hours earnings reports. thats a sailors life, i have no complaints mind you. but i thought i could fade the risk and that i had a good read and it didnt work out. obviously stop losses dont work on options during post/pre market but what can i say, i have expensive tastes.

right now, honestly what i want to do is get the requisite nut up for a lightspeed daytrader margin account so i can just scalp nflx all day using hotkeys but its going to be a while before i can get there.

Comments

Sanlmar: Wiser with a shorter attention span. Love following all this

Diamond
    Load Metric
    How do we get around paying 25% in taxes when I quickly take profits. That's what I really want to know.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by OSA View Post
    How do we get around paying 25% in taxes when I quickly take profits. That's what I really want to know.

google, you wont like the answers.

Load Metric
    can anyone describe a compelling thesis where zillow's dick doesnt get torn off by a bird after its q4 earnings report next week?

Platinum
    Load Metric

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

for the love of god, don't fucking sell options in a low vol environment unless you are doing it with the express purpose of taking the position if the options get exercised...

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by simpdog View Post
    Elon couple weeks ago: No more capital needed

Elon today : issuing more shares.

Tesla stock : meh no drop. It's all good
    martian ray bitar binks the redraw

players funds are now segregated
    Hi Lew!!!

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Daly View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by simpdog View Post
    Elon couple weeks ago: No more capital needed

Elon today : issuing more shares.

Tesla stock : meh no drop. It's all good

2 months ago you were a ~50B company with no net positive cashflow. Today you are 170B and you are years out from profitability.

They should have anounced a 20B raise.
    stock would have nose dived and be outside of the zone of elon's options bonuses
    Hi Lew!!!

Bronze
    Load Metric

Stay away from options, your understanding of them is absolutely backwards. You CANNOT make money trading options unless you gamma/delta hedge. You are saying you are going to sell vega when the vega is lowest(hence selling low). This is not a concept to learn overnight, or learn in a weekend, or learn if you have a 9 to 5. Forget the meaty options and just buy very far out of the money options that have a black swan type rarity. That's the only way for a retail investor to ever win in the derivative market.

Load Metric
    monsterj: any good resources to catch me up to where i can understand more than 15% of your posts?

thanks
    Hi Lew!!!

Platinum
    Load Metric
    monster, know you might not want to answer...

but do you do this options shit on your own or have a job at it?

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by monsterj View Post

Stay away from options, your understanding of them is absolutely backwards. You CANNOT make money trading options unless you gamma/delta hedge. You are saying you are going to sell vega when the vega is lowest(hence selling low). This is not a concept to learn overnight, or learn in a weekend, or learn if you have a 9 to 5. Forget the meaty options and just buy very far out of the money options that have a black swan type rarity. That's the only way for a retail investor to ever win in the derivative market.

i hear what youre saying and i absolutely accept that you know whats the best way to do this and i emphatically do not.

today i didnt go scalping because i had to focus on day job stuff. my tsla call cost $2500, i closed the contract a couple of radiohead songs later for $3750'sh. my 2 nvda contracts cost me $2800, and depending on pre-market behavior i should be closing them in a few hours for around $3800-$4200. again, if things go well.

i expect this looks like im hammering nails with a rock to you. i totally get that. but the nails, so far.. they are getting hammered.

im a quick study, im not here to gambool / flip rolls / be results oriented. im generally here for starbursts and dojis and if i get good at it, i get a model y and an income property and i treat my parents to some really fucking great meals.

and along the way i take advice like yours, and sanlimars, and abrowns, (and others, thank you as well) and i have a sustainable second income stream when i learn enough to use these tools optimally.

in the meantime, as you can see im not bashful about my mistakes and i have no ego in this game. i can go terribly, utterly broke and in a few days be back to normal emotionally. ill chip up for a year while continuing to be a student of The Game and then just toss another bonus at whatever the markets doing then, inshallah.

point being; please keep the advice coming, you have no idea how much i appreciate it, just dont get frustrated with me if you see me pounding nails with rocks.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by OSA View Post
    ROTH
    Then once over income limit, back door ROTH

Can’t take the gains now, but you can take the investment out at any point if you need it without penalty.

There’s some more complicated ways around this if you ever had serious money.

Load Metric
    Worried yesterday that NVDA was priced to perfection? Smoked it. The difference between 2000 meme stocks and 2020 is the presence of occasional actual earnings. Nice hit.

Remember Bank of America talking about announcing a reduced concern about coronavirus 2 days ago? Yeah, only the noobs didn’t fade that manipulative shit. They sold and you bought their trash.

Channel surfing Wynn. I sadly I don’t believe it’s gonna drill 125 but it hasn’t broken 136 either.

Meanwhile, the Fed isn’t going to allow a single problem in the world to exist. Like an unwanted cat they put that Problem in a burlap sack and drown it in the river of liquidity. Mind boggling.

Idiot Cramer actual sad something interesting. China adjusting accounting to catch up to the actuals that they were denying previously.

Lol, Cramers dog is named nvidia... Cramer is delivering some standup.
    Last edited by Sanlmar; 02-14-2020 at 06:15 AM.

Diamond
    Load Metric
    Canopy making waves today. I remember someone saying that they were gonna pop and some pony loving poster bought $24 options

Comments

Sanlmar: No words

Load Metric
    The whole market feeling a contact high from the meme momo. Even PG and want was considered “safe”.

Only a gunslinger would be short.

Thread Information