Thread: Time to get on the TRUMP train

Load Metric
    I didn't vote for Trump the first time but with the shithole countries line, he has my vote in 2020.

Comments

limitles: how stunned can you get

Load Metric
    new sanctions against Iran apparently coming . Soooo fucking stupid

Comments

MumblesBadly: Agreed. Stupid!
    :freelewfather

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by cmoney View Post
    Yup. Way to squash what little progress there's been toward modernization.

And cue Iran's first nuclear test in 3, 2, 1...
    HILLARY WON

Load Metric
    Name:  IMG_2794.JPG
Views: 369
Size:  69.3 KB

Comments

Tellafriend: Awesome

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by cmoney View Post

and he just supported pulling nato troops out of the territories russia wants to reclaim by military force.

probably just a misunderstanding.
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    U.S. President Donald Trump said in an interview with the Wall Street Journal on Thursday that messages exchanged between employees at the Federal Bureau of Investigation who were working on a special counsel investigation into whether Russia had meddled in the 2016 election amounted to treason.
    https://www.reuters.com/article/us-u...-idUSKBN1F02Z7

thats awesome tho that his third catastrophic embarrassment came a full 5 hours after the 2nd, he's really pacing himself.

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    Huma Abedin about to get exposed for money laundering.

Load Metric
    daily news cover tomorrow:

Name:  26229400_10155148116741179_2164393639922934191_n.jpg
Views: 347
Size:  56.5 KB

Load Metric
    trump is a complete buffoon and his wording is literally that of a retarded person, but in fairness i think a means-based immigration system where we primarily let in wealthy people doesn't sound like a horrible idea.

obv i'm not an economist and don't really know the impact of letting in primarily poor people, but it's hard for me to believe that's a net positive on the poor/unemployed people in this country already

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by blake View Post
    trump is a complete buffoon and his wording is literally that of a retarded person, but in fairness i think a means-based immigration system where we primarily let in wealthy people doesn't sound like a horrible idea.

obv i'm not an economist and don't really know the impact of letting in primarily poor people, but it's hard for me to believe that's a net positive on the poor/unemployed people in this country already
    trump just isnt sophisticated enough to pitch (much less imagine) a functional immigration system, that basically emulates the standards and compassion of every other first world nation's immigration system.

the fact that a good portion of the refugees knocking on our doors come from dying nations that we essentially drove the dagger into makes it a particularly sensitive and nuanced issue.

Load Metric
    I think that's what Australia does

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by sonatine View Post

trump just isnt sophisticated enough to pitch (much less imagine) a functional immigration system, that basically emulates the standards and compassion of every other first world nation's immigration system.

the fact that a good portion of the refugees knocking on our doors come from dying nations that we essentially drove the dagger into makes it a particularly sensitive and nuanced issue.
    no doubt the refugee aspect is a tough one and i'm really not suggesting we close our doors to them.

i'm just saying we need to have a frank, grown-up discussion as to whether it's fundamentally evil or racist to place a higher emphasis on wealth when considering who we let into the country. i suspect the 1% loves the poor people coming into this country for the cheap labor, but i'm also *guessing* (admittedly, no data to back this up) that it may be a net negative for poor people already here competing for the same jobs.

Load Metric

no doubt the refugee aspect is a tough one and i'm really not suggesting we close our doors to them.

i'm just saying we need to have a frank, grown-up discussion as to whether it's fundamentally evil or racist to place a higher emphasis on wealth when considering who we let into the country. i suspect the 1% loves the poor people coming into this country for the cheap labor, but i'm also *guessing* (admittedly, no data to back this up) that it may be a net negative for poor people already here competing for the same jobs.

yeah but literally try to find a group of poor people trying to come in that trump hasnt either personally demonized or allowed others to demonize for him.

you know, aside from russians.

Load Metric
    Name:  Screen Shot 2018-01-12 at 12.39.09 AM.png
Views: 660
Size:  713.7 KB

Platinum
    Load Metric

Wait,

Isn't it your dream to move to a country (New Zealand) that does exactly what you are so against. Only lets in people that can prove they bring something useful to the table?

Also, lets be honest. It is only the developed Western countries (Europe, US, Canada) where there is all this pressure to ship in black and brown poors from other countries. The wealthy countries in the Middle East only let in poors to basically be indentured servants and then kick them out again (if they survive). And the wealthy East Asian countries (ie Japan, S Korea) don't let in black and brown poors at all, and couldn't give a flying fuck about standards and compassion.

I mean, you can make the argument that much of Africa and the Middle East is so fucked up because of US and European imperialism, so it is our obligation to bring in refugees. That is fine.

But lets not pretend that it is some moral obligation of all developed nations, because clearly it is not.

Comments

Tellafriend: Unrefutable

Load Metric
    STRATEGIC PATIENCE YOU NERDS

#MAGA

#WHENTHEHAMMERDROPSDONTBEMAD

#QANON=LOLLARP
    "Druff would suck his own dick if it were long enough"- Brandon "drexel" Gerson

"ann coulter literally has more common sense than pfa."-Sonatine

"Real grinders supports poker fraud"- Ray Davis

"DRILLED HER GOOD"- HONGKONGER

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by verminaard View Post

Wait,

Isn't it your dream to move to a country (New Zealand) that does exactly what you are so against. Only lets in people that can prove they bring something useful to the table?

Also, lets be honest. It is only the developed Western countries (Europe, US, Canada) where there is all this pressure to ship in black and brown poors from other countries. The wealthy countries in the Middle East only let in poors to basically be indentured servants and then kick them out again (if they survive). And the wealthy East Asian countries (ie Japan, S Korea) don't let in black and brown poors at all, and couldn't give a flying fuck about standards and compassion.

I mean, you can make the argument that much of Africa and the Middle East is so fucked up because of US and European imperialism, so it is our obligation to bring in refugees. That is fine.

But lets not pretend that it is some moral obligation of developed nations, because clearly it is not.

new zealand has a refugee visa program.

honestly its not much of one but new zealand also isnt a major contributor to global warming, nor does it destabilize huge swathes of land, sewing chaos and bloodshed for generations because the son of a 1 term president wanted to impress his dad.

Platinum
    Load Metric

Of course letting in unskilled labor is great for the 1% and bad for everyone else, especially current unskilled laborers. But using the MSM as their tools, the 1% is crafty enough to discuss immigration in terms of racial identity politics, so that poor minority immigrants are manipulated into supporting immigration policies designed to depress their wages and standard of living.

I remember when he was running Bernie Sanders originally made a similar argument, but he was pressured by the identity politics crowd to back track.

Agree or disagree with Trumps immigration policy reform ideas, at least I know what his ideas are more or less. I seriously have no clue what the Democrats immigration policy is. Do they even have one?

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by verminaard View Post

Wait,

But lets not pretend that it is some moral obligation of developed nations, because clearly it is not.

new zealand has a refugee visa program.

honestly its not much of one but new zealand also isnt a major contributor to global warming, nor does it destabilize huge swathes of land, sewing chaos and bloodshed for generations because the son of a 1 term president wanted to impress his dad.
    Ok, so you seem to be supporting the narrative that it is our obligation as a nation to bring in refugees due to our imperialistic ventures. That is fine.

But lets not pretend that all developed nations but the US are opening in refugees with open arms, and we are the evil ones. Except for European countries, US and Canada most "wealthy" nations don't really let in refugees at all except for mostly symbolic token amounts, for the simple reason they don't think it is in their best interests to do so.

Load Metric
    I feel like youre really investing a lot of energy into backing me into some corner and painting me as an absolutist, which is regrettable since I've spent several posts with blake discussing all the ways our immigration policy cannot be dictated by someone who considered the homes of immigrants "shitholes", but absolutely needs to be sanity checked, just like countries with functional governments.

Give me your tired, your poor, Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free, The wretched refuse of your teeming shore.
    Once that represented a cornerstone of the morality of this nation. Now the first lady is an mail-order bride who despises other immigrants.

How laughable, how gauche.

Name:  Screen Shot 2018-01-12 at 3.17.05 AM.png
Views: 237
Size:  107.4 KB

Comments

Tellafriend: Times change Tine
    Last edited by sonatine; 01-12-2018 at 12:17 AM.

Thread Information