Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Update regarding recent bannings & other events

Diamond
    Load Metric
    I think you should allow everyone back providing they make a nominal donation to my thread

Comments

JohnCommode: What heartless soul could ever object to such a worthy cause?

Load Metric
    The bottom line in here- I follow the posted site rules in a sticky at the top of this section. The other issue is I get to post here just as the others do, I just dont attack other members here, call them "fag", etc like some in here do. I get to play by the same rules established, so keep crying.

Comments

jsearles22: Nope

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by desertrunner View Post
    I agree with this to a point, but when the cancer runs rapid though out the entire system, it kills the board. Ive seen this for the last 20+ years on other BBS sites, the bad members sour the whole place, its human nature.
    The reason a lot of people here aren't getting along with you is because you're still perceived as an outsider (even if you've been reading the forum on and off for 7 years), and they don't like being told that they're out of line or need to be dealt with.
    The only issue with me here is I posted that was pro-Trump and then the onslaught came, nothing to do with my personality, past posting pattern or membership time on the board. Its been allowed to happen in the past, so the bad behavior (cancer) continues on until you cut it out.

On the other side, when you bring actual good discussion topics here, such as the flashlight thread, most people enjoy that. You actually do bring out some interesting discussion topics -- especially the apolitical ones (we honestly have enough political talk already) -- so if you focused upon that, people would like that a lot better.
    Respectfully, its not my political posts, its my one political view of supporting Trump. If I posted here that I did not like Trump, we wouldn't be discussing it now. You let the members freely attack others over political views and the bad behavior continues and kills your board. Thats how Ive seen it go for decades on other BBS sites, personal attacks always kills forums.
    you're a stupid faggot that can't even quote correct fuck off

Comments

desertrunner: Like the other guy said, I got your clowns running tilt, doing it right.

OSA: hate speech

big dick: offset the tard and mooch

gimmick:

jsearles22: Double offset

mickeycrimm: offset

adamantium: triple offset

Sheesfaced: Quadruple offset

Load Metric
    The bottom line in here- I follow the posted site rules in a sticky at the top of this section. The other issue is I get to post here just as the others do, I just dont attack other members here, call them "fag", etc like some in here do. I get to play by the same rules established, so keep crying.
    Actually I think it’s pretty clear you don’t.

I don’t want to see any of the following:

3) People who "take over" the forum by posting too many messages/threads or pick fights with everyone
    It's hilarious that we as a society think everyone can be a dr, a lawyer, an engineer. Some people are just fucking stupid. Why can't we just accept that?

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    desertrunner:

I've been part of this community since 2004 when it started, and many of the people here go back to somewhere around then.

The posted rules here are meant as a guideline, but I don't strictly adhere to enforcing all of them at all times. If there isn't a major problem, I just leave things be and let the site run itself. There are a few types of behavior I won't tolerate (such as giving out personal info), but for the most part, things aren't enforced strongly here. I'm more about letting people be themselves than trying to shoehorn everyone into a strict set of rules.

I'm telling you what people honestly want to see here -- good discussion about interesting topics. That's why your flashlight thread was a success. It was a topic which hadn't been discussed here yet, and some people found it interesting. Once it gained traction, I also clamped down on some of the trolling in it, as I didn't want that derailing a good discussion.

What people don't like is when longtime members are told they're cancers or that they need to be removed. For the most part, this community wants to stay together, and people want most longtime members to stay. For example, despite splitthis and sonatine fighting for a long time here, she called into radio last night and said she really wanted him to stay on the forum (I'll post this later tonight).

Yes, there is some hostility toward people with right wing viewpoints. I experience some of that here myself, even being the site owner. That's how the hostility against you started, but some of it also was related to your creation of a lot of threads, which I know was done with good intentions, but many didn't like the sheer number of threads created.

There is a bit of a learning curve for a lot of newer posters here (and I'm talking about new active posters, not registration date/lurking), but once they kinda "get" what this section of the forum is about, it tends to get a lot easier. Even Mumbles is accepted among us now (well, mostly).

I'm just saying that it would be best if you attempted to get along with the users here rather than take an adversarial tone with them, because this is a group of people which has been together for a long time.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    By the way, I know some of you find it hard to believe, but desertrunner really is a nice guy in real life and has been a very loyal friend.

I just think he needs to change his approach to PFA a bit, in order to get along with people here.

Comments

desertrunner: Thanks Druff. I honestly think if the personal attacks sropped in here, the board would thrive more.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post

I'm just saying that it would be best if you attempted to get along with the users here rather than take an adversarial tone with them, because this is a group of people which has been together for a long time.
    Druff, I get along fine in here with most of the members. Its the few who attack in here after every post that are hurting your forum. Go back and look at all of my posts and find where I initially attack someone, you wont find them. Its after I post where the same 3 come in with the "fag" comments. Youre letting the liberals run your board here. If you still dont believe me, I'll admin tag them for you.

Comments

jsearles22: Who the fuck do you get along with on here?

Sloppy Joe: Give AIDS a try

Gold
    Load Metric

Druff, I get along fine in here with most of the members. Its the few who attack in here after every post that are hurting your forum. Go back and look at all of my posts and find where I initially attack someone, you wont find them. Its after I post where the same 3 come in with the "fag" comments. Youre letting the liberals run your board here. If you still dont believe me, I'll admin tag them for you.

Comments

dwai: lol

Load Metric
    Druff, here's an analogy. Let me know if you agree/disagree

If I went over to your other forum and started shitposting. 2-3 new threads a day and start fighting with members there.

Would you ban me fairly quickly? Leave me on a super long leash?

We don't go over there because we respect you. D.R. obviously has no respect for you when he wants to ruin this forum that you have built and maintained.

Why doesn't he get the same ultimatums?

Comments

desertrunner: Because I follow the rules here and dont attacks others.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by BetCheckBet View Post
    At this point my honest take is that both druff and dessertrunner are running long cons on each other.
    I’m thinking good cop/bad cop. He’s felt contrived from the start. I’m now wondering if it’s intentional or unintentional?

If it’s intentional and he’s taking a shot for Druff to develop forum unity, he’s indeed a good friend. It’s like he studied in a lab how to irritate every segment of the forum. He’s got dudes who aren’t political rolling in getting pissed at him. He’s got dudes coming out of long forum hiatuses to tell him how bad he sucks. You’d have to be really unlucky to be so irritating. Seems more likely by design.

Comments

desertrunner: Its not me or Druff, just the libtards with hurt feelings here.

Load Metric
    desertrunner:

I've been part of this community since 2004 when it started, and many of the people here go back to somewhere around then.

The posted rules here are meant as a guideline, but I don't strictly adhere to enforcing all of them at all times. If there isn't a major problem, I just leave things be and let the site run itself. There are a few types of behavior I won't tolerate (such as giving out personal info), but for the most part, things aren't enforced strongly here. I'm more about letting people be themselves than trying to shoehorn everyone into a strict set of rules.

I'm telling you what people honestly want to see here -- good discussion about interesting topics. That's why your flashlight thread was a success. It was a topic which hadn't been discussed here yet, and some people found it interesting. Once it gained traction, I also clamped down on some of the trolling in it, as I didn't want that derailing a good discussion.

What people don't like is when longtime members are told they're cancers or that they need to be removed. For the most part, this community wants to stay together, and people want most longtime members to stay. For example, despite splitthis and sonatine fighting for a long time here, she called into radio last night and said she really wanted him to stay on the forum (I'll post this later tonight).

Yes, there is some hostility toward people with right wing viewpoints. I experience some of that here myself, even being the site owner. That's how the hostility against you started, but some of it also was related to your creation of a lot of threads, which I know was done with good intentions, but many didn't like the sheer number of threads created.

There is a bit of a learning curve for a lot of newer posters here (and I'm talking about new active posters, not registration date/lurking), but once they kinda "get" what this section of the forum is about, it tends to get a lot easier. Even Mumbles is accepted among us now (well, mostly).

There's hostility toward everyone. That's why it's funny.

Comments

desertrunner: This guy comes in behind every postI make and whines.

nunbeater: lol my friend here has got it correct the game is the game niggas

SOBCHAK SECURITY 213-799-7798

PRESIDENT JOSEPH R. BIDEN JR., THE GREAT AND POWERFUL

Gold
    Load Metric
    When you have to repeatedly tell the site owner that you aren't the problem, you are definitely the fucking problem

Comments

desertrunner: The six attack posts behind mine are the problem, not me.

nunbeater: offset

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by RealTalk View Post
    When you have to repeatedly tell the site owner that you aren't the problem, you are definitely the fucking problem
    It's hilarious that we as a society think everyone can be a dr, a lawyer, an engineer. Some people are just fucking stupid. Why can't we just accept that?

Load Metric
    You know at some point Druff is going to call DesertRunner on the phone to discuss the forum with him. They’ll go back and forth both stating their points. Neither realizing how fucking pathetic that conversation really is for a couple of 50+ year old dudes

Load Metric

Okay, I've been on this forum almost 10 years and I don't post much and I generally stay out of the forum infighting because I'm not a made guy like a lot of the regulars around here whose opinions should really count but I absolutely have to say this: desertrunner, read the goddamn room and shut it the fuck down.

Comments

big dick: da shrink knows

Ryback_feed_me_more: Took ya longer then I expected to make an appearance.

nunbeater: solid

Sheesfaced: When Shrink speaks listen

Load Metric
    Imagine Ken Scalir had a gun and a flashlight.

Ken is a sweet and open fellow but I suspect he wouldn’t pick up the queues that would allow him to navigate these waters in an enjoyable way.

Desert seems patently incapable of absorbing Druff’s message. (Or reading the room) His wiring doesn’t allow that.

The attachment to certain objects and repetitive behavior is a classic tell.

I suspect desertrunner is from the same group home.

I’m just not interested in witnessing the endless flogging.

Comments

Sheesfaced:

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by The Shrink View Post
    Okay, I've been on this forum almost 10 years and I don't post much and I generally stay out of the forum infighting because I'm not a made guy like a lot of the regulars around here whose opinions should really count but I absolutely have to say this: desertrunner, read the goddamn room and shut it the fuck down.
    Thats the best part, like the other guy said, these clowns here are running full tilt. The more I poke them, the more they cry.

Gold
    Load Metric
    Thats the best part, like the other guy said, these clowns here are running full tilt. The more I poke them, the more they cry.

I'm going to talk to him regarding when to create new threads, how many to create per day, and the type of stuff he should and shouldn't post here. He will respect my requests, because we are friends, and he's not looking to troll or disrupt here.

Comments

dwai: lol

Gold
    Load Metric
    No you're wrong. He's not the problem it's everyone else

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by adamantium View Post
    I agree with this to a point, but when the cancer runs rapid though out the entire system, it kills the board. Ive seen this for the last 20+ years on other BBS sites, the bad members sour the whole place, its human nature.

The only issue with me here is I posted that was pro-Trump and then the onslaught came, nothing to do with my personality, past posting pattern or membership time on the board. Its been allowed to happen in the past, so the bad behavior (cancer) continues on until you cut it out.

On the other side, when you bring actual good discussion topics here, such as the flashlight thread, most people enjoy that. You actually do bring out some interesting discussion topics -- especially the apolitical ones (we honestly have enough political talk already) -- so if you focused upon that, people would like that a lot better.
    Respectfully, its not my political posts, its my one political view of supporting Trump. If I posted here that I did not like Trump, we wouldn't be discussing it now. You let the members freely attack others over political views and the bad behavior continues and kills your board. Thats how Ive seen it go for decades on other BBS sites, personal attacks always kills forums.
    nobody cares if you like Trump or not, but when you claim massive election fraud, the retard is glowing
    Since you brought it up Adam.

Name:  5E117DDB-876F-4EA1-9CD7-22A3F7B7F929.jpeg
Views: 546
Size:  103.9 KB

Thread Information