Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: lmao parler hacked

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Instead, it seems to be funded by a US family which gave heavily to conservative causes over the past 5 years. Yawn.

So conservatives were funding a conservative version of Twitter? Shocking, I tell you!

Great political exposure from sonatine, as per usual.

You characterize the Mercers as simply a US conservative family? Lol

This is simply naive or a debate tactic

I offer you Cambridge Analytica or any one of a host of wacky and less nefarious funding

Comments

Crowe Diddly: cheering for laundry, so to speak

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by sonatine View Post
    ok

i cant breath

kirtaner

from 420chan

is responsible for the breach.

also there is a fucking ton of PII and worse on parler's db that was aggregated from other sites and its about to be a huge, huge deal.

rebecca mercer yall.
    For one thing they're subject to the same federal law on data breaches as all the others who have had to pay out the ass, like Yahoo and experian.

SOBCHAK SECURITY 213-799-7798

PRESIDENT JOSEPH R. BIDEN JR., THE GREAT AND POWERFUL

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanlmar View Post
    Instead, it seems to be funded by a US family which gave heavily to conservative causes over the past 5 years. Yawn.

So conservatives were funding a conservative version of Twitter? Shocking, I tell you!

Great political exposure from sonatine, as per usual.

I offer you Cambridge Analytica or any one of a host of wacky and less nefarious funding

that he sees the mercers as vanilla mainstream conservatives is quite revealing; it actually dovetails nicely into the recent assertion that druff has totally incorporated trumpism (and, clearly, trump's personality) into the fabric of his brand.
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Walter Sobchak View Post
    ok

i cant breath

kirtaner

from 420chan

is responsible for the breach.

also there is a fucking ton of PII and worse on parler's db that was aggregated from other sites and its about to be a huge, huge deal.

rebecca mercer yall.
    For one thing they're subject to the same federal law on data breaches as all the others who have had to pay out the ass, like Yahoo and experian.

hopefully.

honestly there are some elements to this that dont really make sense yet. the screencap of the wordpress file is old and kirtaner is freely posting about it from his own account, which in theory should put him in some legal jeopardy?

like clearly they got hacked at some point, clearly this was a full on clown party in terms of staffing and audits, but id like to see something like a dump sooner than later to get a real idea of what was in that database.

another party who im not going to link to because they deleted their tweet popped up and said he had social engineered his way into the parler ops infrastructure but again, no details relevant to actual legal shit.

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric

that he sees the mercers as vanilla mainstream conservatives is quite revealing; it actually dovetails nicely into the recent assertion that druff has totally incorporated trumpism (and, clearly, trump's personality) into the fabric of his brand.
    I have once or twice in the political threads described Druff as “disengenuous”. It struck me as impossible that Druff wasn’t aware of some of the facts. It weighs on me still because to be disengenuous is to border on lying. It is to be insincere or calculating.

It is possible that Druff really doesn’t know the Trump origin story. I prefer to think this is the case. I don’t know what they talk about in the alt right FB groups. It is a shame because all the characters are talented and fascinating while at the same time possessing interesting human foibles & small character flaws like being morally bankrupt.

The Mercers are pretty close to the crazy end of the bell curve. Genius but freaking odd.

Load Metric
    Don’t shoot, shoot, shoot that thing at me.

From the day Facebook and Twitter entered the public consciousness I have consistently & without exception characterized them as evil.

Parler deserves equal time for ridicule

I'm willing to say that Parler sucks and their security sucks.

I just want people to realize that Twitter equally sucks, and on a larger scale.
    Druff as a computer science minded individual do you really think these two incidents are equivalent in scope and if so why?

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by nunbeater View Post

I'm willing to say that Parler sucks and their security sucks.

I just want people to realize that Twitter equally sucks, and on a larger scale.
    Druff as a computer science minded individual do you really think these two incidents are equivalent in scope and if so why?
    Twitter is far worse because it's a much larger and more influential platform, thus the security should have been top-top.

The fact that it was defeated by a lol social engineering tactic was pathetic.

Hardly anyone of consequence is on Parler. Twitter is one of the biggest sites in the world, and they allowed super influential accounts like Barack Obama, Elon Musk, Apple, etc to become simultaneously compromised. This could have been very dangerous if it weren't just an ill-conceived attempt to steal bitcoin.

The Parler fail has exposed personal identity info of its users, perhaps to nefarious groups. While shameful, this isn't nearly as potentially damaging as what occurred on Twitter.

For Twitter to create a tool to take over any account (including super high profile ones), and not to have a checks and balances system in place to prevent abuse, is just mind-bogglingly incompetent.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

I never called them "vanilla conservatives", but it's a giant and nonsensical leap to go from the Mercers funding Parler to it being a Russian disinformation operation.

Dumbass Dem Dave jumped the gun on the Russian shit, then the Mercer info dropped later that day, and he had to find a way to save face.

The fact that you're still pressing this narrative 10 days later, after the above events, is baffling.

Load Metric
    In case anyone forgot:

https://pokerfraudalert.com/forum/sh...-giveaway-scam

This was far worse than Parler's screwup in several ways.
    It's hilarious how libtards think they are so smart. They're more like a confederacy of dunces. Hard to quit laughing at the blooming idiots.

Comments

Walter Sobchak: Laugh in the mirror
    POKER FAG ALERT! POKER FAG ALERT! FOR GAY SEX CONTACT SLOPPY JOE.

Load Metric
    Druff tilting his face off ITT

but I agree with everything he's said

Load Metric

I never called them "vanilla conservatives", but it's a giant and nonsensical leap to go from the Mercers funding Parler to it being a Russian disinformation operation.

Dumbass Dem Dave jumped the gun on the Russian shit, then the Mercer info dropped later that day, and he had to find a way to save face.

The fact that you're still pressing this narrative 10 days later, after the above events, is baffling.
    Russia is better with human capital than actual capital. In 2014-2018 Facebook and Twitter weren't Russian disinformation operations. Russia just used them for their own disinformation operations.

Mercer and Russians harvested voter data for targeted disinformation. The overlap of the campaigns was just as suspicious then as it's now.

None of this is out of the ordinary if you know very little about the background history.

Apparently you don't find it odd that a site that is looking to verify it's users is filled with the same actors it's supposed to keep away. The same actors that are the reason for extensive verification.
    Last edited by gimmick; 11-25-2020 at 07:44 AM.

Load Metric

Comments

gauchojake: array

Load Metric

Load Metric
    Server Admins are lazy especially when it comes to backups and using S3 storage.

I bet 98% of server admins give their backup API keys read and write access. If all they ever did was make a key that could write but not read, then have a separate read key that wasn't in any application this wouldn't be an issue.

Another classic is putting your backups in the same bucket as your media so you have the whole bucket publicly accessible.

The fact that they were on WP Engine says a lot about where they were at.

1. They don't have any money to build out real infrastructure (not that WP Engine is bad, it's great for small businesses).
    2. The people running it had no idea about running a tech company.
    3. They don't value Systems people.
    4. All of the above

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by abrown83 View Post
    Server Admins are lazy especially when it comes to backups and using S3 storage.

I bet 98% of server admins give their backup API keys read and write access. If all they ever did was make a key that could write but not read, then have a separate read key that wasn't in any application this wouldn't be an issue.

Another classic is putting your backups in the same bucket as your media so you have the whole bucket publicly accessible.

1. They don't have any money to build out real infrastructure (not that WP Engine is bad, it's great for small businesses).
    4. All of the above

i mean... the mercers backed this and they punted 11m on ted cruz' fail campaign before dumping many times that on trumps campaign in 2016.

bob mercer is one of the principle architects of the renaissance fund, jim simons sniped him from IBM for his nascent AI/ML research skills.

there is zero point zero excuse beyond hubris and stone stupidity that they didnt hire literally anyone properly credentialed to manage this project, and literally everywhere one looks there is ample evidence of their myriad top-down failures.

Load Metric
    People that worry about the deep state also screenshot their ID to post on incel twitter. I did nazi that coming.

Comments

sonatine:

gimmick:

Walter Sobchak: lol

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by abrown83 View Post

4. All of the above

i mean... the mercers backed this and they punted 11m on ted cruz' fail campaign before dumping many times that on trumps campaign in 2016.

bob mercer is one of the principle architects of the renaissance fund, jim simons sniped him from IBM for his nascent AI/ML research skills.

there is zero point zero excuse beyond hubris and stone stupidity that they didnt hire literally anyone properly credentialed to manage this project, and literally everywhere one looks there is ample evidence of their myriad top-down failures.
    You put a finer point on this fail. Bob Mercer was AI/ML. I still can’t wrap my head around how he crushed the way he did. Honestly, I categorize his success in my head as possibly shady. It was that colossal.

Anyway, the Mercers might have someone killed.

Pardons are cheap.

I’m still laughing 12 hours later at Druff’s “US conservative family donation. Yawn”

Load Metric
    This was all on Wordpress? Maybe it's Marty's fault.

SOBCHAK SECURITY 213-799-7798

PRESIDENT JOSEPH R. BIDEN JR., THE GREAT AND POWERFUL

Load Metric

You put a finer point on this fail. Bob Mercer was AI/ML. I still can’t wrap my head around how he crushed the way he did. Honestly, I categorize his success in my head as possibly shady. It was that colossal.

Anyway, the Mercers might have someone killed.

Pardons are cheap.

I’m still laughing 12 hours later at Druff’s “US conservative family donation. Yawn”

rebekah is absolutely fucking nuts. did you read the simons biography? there is a paragraph in there where she went batshit at a poker tournament, like full borderline, and essentially ended the renaissance career of someone who had known her for 30 years.

i have absolutely zero doubt that under the right circumstances she would choke the life out of someone in a fit of blind rage. shes 100% wired for it.

Comments

Sanlmar: Exquisite

Load Metric
    If anyone can get me a good price on that list I have an entire garage filled with survival seeds, NASCAR memorabilia, and Donald Trump autographed bibles to move.

Comments

sonatine:

Sanlmar: Lol

Thread Information