Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: George Floyd Autopsy: COVID death, no neck injury and drugs onboard...

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sloppy Joe View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by desertrunner View Post
    Again, what department policy was CONFIRM the officer broke?

Not asking the chief for an opinion. The chief’s statement is OPINION ONLY and speculation. Not a confirm and solid answer that’s seals the case.

So now we are back again to there has been NO confirmation that a department policy was broken, just one agency employee giving his personal opinion.
    You seem really invested in Chauvin being acquitted. Are you emotionally prepared for the opposite?
    There is absolutely no difference between desert and the black people who cheered when OJ was acquitted. They are too dumb to realize what a discredit they are to their cause and how they reinforce the negative stereotypes.

He’s the walking embodiment of why cops are hated and why America is fucked. He’s example 1A of why cops will continue to be viewed with a broad negative brush.

When you try to find common ground and try to get people who are extreme to view society and life with a more nuanced view, to appeal to the ignorant people who think all cops are bad, or that all black people are savage criminals, you make a little headway with them and they listen and entertain your discussion and then they walk out the door and encounter some simpleton asshole like him or they read the ignorant black guy on Twitter blaming all their problems on whitey and you’re back to square one and culture continues to devolve.

A million voices like him ascertain police will continue to be distrusted and subjected to stereotypes of being brutal idiots. Guys like him actually think they are pro-law enforcement and help. It’s amazing how dumb one has to be to not understand something so simple, yet here he is every day just reinforcing the worst element of law enforcement. I feel bad for the majority of great law enforcement officers who have these vocal advocates like him ruining it for them.

Comments

Walter Sobchak: THIS

Load Metric
    Again, what department policy was CONFIRM the officer broke?

Not asking the chief for an opinion. The chief’s statement is OPINION ONLY and speculation. Not a confirm and solid answer that’s seals the case.

So now we are back again to there has been NO confirmation that a department policy was broken, just one agency employee giving his personal opinion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Walter Sobchak
    Are you asking for an instrument to be on hand to measure the amount of force being used?
    No, I am asking if the officer followed established department policy or not.

This trial like most trials is relying on the opinions of experts.
    Thats fine, but department policy and the officer's training are the established foundation that can not be changed or altered. If the officer operated within policy, fine. If not, then let the chips fall where they may.

Note- This is why the four LAPD officers in the 1992 Rodney King trail were found Not Guilty- they acted within policy. Prior to this incident, the LAPD changed internal policy to stop with choke holds on suspects and officers were directed to start using batons instead.

It all comes down to established agency policy, not witness opinions or speculation.

Bottom line for me- Take out all of the emotions in this case and look at FACTS ONLY. That is true justice. If the officer violated training and department policy, fine. If he did not, let justice roll out.

Why do I care, because the liberals are trying so hard to make this into a racist issue and I believe it is not. That cop didnt get up that morning looking to be racist or kill a black man, he responded to a 911 call for service having no idea who the suspect was until he made contact. Stop making it a racist issue.
    Last edited by desertrunner; 04-06-2021 at 09:25 AM.

Bronze
    Load Metric
    Are you asking for an instrument to be on hand to measure the amount of force being used?

Thats fine, but department policy and the officer's training are the established foundation that can not be changed or altered. If the officer operated within policy, fine. If not, then let the chips fall where they may.

Note- This is why the four LAPD officers in the 1992 Rodney King trail were found Not Guilty- they acted within policy. Prior to this incident, the LAPD changed internal policy to stop with choke holds on suspects and officers were directed to start using batons instead.

It all comes down to established agency policy, not witness opinions or speculation.

Bottom line for me- Take out all of the emotions in this case and look at FACTS ONLY. That is true justice. If the officer violated training and department policy, fine. If he did not, let justice roll out.

Why do I care, because the liberals are trying so hard to make this into a racist issue and I believe it is not. That cop didnt get up that morning looking to be racist or kill a black man, he responded to a 911 call for service having no idea who the suspect was until he made contact. Stop making it a racist issue.
    You clearly have brain damage.

Comments

1marley1: He’s wicked retarded

Muck Ficon: One of Druff's "real life" friends lol.

Load Metric

Who would be a really really good arbiter of established agency policy? Id maybe start with asking the Chief of Police.........
    It's hilarious that we as a society think everyone can be a dr, a lawyer, an engineer. Some people are just fucking stupid. Why can't we just accept that?

Load Metric
    [QUOTE=desertrunner;969956]
    Quote Originally Posted by jsearles22 View Post

What type of proof would you possibly accept? Wouldn’t the interpretation of a policy pretty much always be one persons opinion?
    Take the actual policy and compare it to the actions of the accused. If his actions are in alignment of the policy OR not in alignment of the policy, then let the cards fall where they should.

LOL at being painted so far into a corner that the straw you’re grasping is “the chief of fucking polices opinion on department policy carries little to no weight at all.”
    The chief is one witness only, just one. He is giving his own opinion only, its not "law" or supersedes evidence in the case. Police chiefs make mistakes all the time and they are not the "gods". Again, just because he has rank in the agency, doesnt mean his opinion only is some final word or ends the case. Department policy is the law here and whether the officer followed it or not. An opinion is just that, an opinion, not proof.
    Again, what proof would you accept? A meter gauging the amount of force? Because clearly a fucking video isnt enough to convince you that excessive force was applied when the policy said it should not be. Departmental policy 5-300 mentions he should use "light to moderate pressure." So quit fucking spinning and tell me what proof given that set of facts you would accept?
    It's hilarious that we as a society think everyone can be a dr, a lawyer, an engineer. Some people are just fucking stupid. Why can't we just accept that?

Load Metric

Again, what proof would you accept? A meter gauging the amount of force? Because clearly a fucking video isnt enough to convince you that excessive force was applied when the policy said it should not be.
    Again, youre acting on emotions only and no facts, background, training or agency policy. You have no experience in LE. Go outside of just the video and stop listening to your hyper emotions and brace some facts.

Load Metric

Again, what proof would you accept? A meter gauging the amount of force? Because clearly a fucking video isnt enough to convince you that excessive force was applied when the policy said it should not be.
    Again, youre acting on emotions only and no facts, background, training or agency policy. You have no experience in LE. Go outside of just the video and stop listening to your hyper emotions and brace some facts.

Would you accept any number of certificates I have from federal law enforcement training completion? Do you need me to back any of that training up with my Bachelor in Criminal justice with emphasis on Law Enforcement administration?

Comments

Kuntmissioner:

Load Metric

Would you accept any number of certificates I have from federal law enforcement training completion? Do you need me to back any of that training up with my Bachelor in Criminal justice with emphasis on Law Enforcement administration?
    No, you have no credibility with me. Anyone can make up anything and post it anywhere. I dont believe you or anything you say here, you have zero credibility in my eyes and certs and a degree mean nothing anyways. You dont work at the department in question, so know zero about them, you are strickly media feed at this point.

Load Metric

No, you have no credibility with me. Anyone can make up anything and post it anywhere. I dont believe you or anything you say here, you have zero credibility in my eyes and certs and a degree mean nothing anyways. You dont work at the department in question, so know zero about them, you are strickly media feed at this point.
    You know who does work at the department in question?

Comments

desertrunner: I dont care where you work, you have zero credibility with me.

Bronze
    Load Metric

brain damage or drugs? which is it for you?

You believe that it is ok to kneel on someone's neck for over 9 minutes while handcuffed on the ground with 2-3 other officers there at your disposal. You sir, are an idiot.

Is everyone that testified (from the police dept) acting on emotions or stating what the training is actually supposed to be? I'm not following the case that close but you must not be reading/watching at all.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by PuTTY View Post
    brain damage or drugs? which is it for you?
    Neither, you just took the low road here with the insults.

You believe that it is ok to kneel on someone's neck for over 9 minutes while handcuffed on the ground with 2-3 other officers there at your disposal. You sir, are an idiot.
    Ive already explained my position on the situation, scroll up.

Is everyone that testified (from the police dept) acting on emotions or stating what the training is actually supposed to be? I'm not following the case that close but you must not be reading/watching at all.

Load Metric
    Man in car with George Floyd the day he died doesn't want to testify

A key witness in the trial of Derek Chauvin is threatening to invoke his Fifth Amendment right against self-incrimination because his lawyer contends anything he says about his alleged drug activity with George Floyd could leave him vulnerable to being charged with third-degree murder in the death of the 46-year-old Black man.

Morries Hall, currently in jail, appeared via Zoom at a court hearing on Tuesday morning in which his attorney argued he has no immunity from prosecution that stems from testimony about his and Floyd's behavior while seated in a Mercedes Benz SUV shortly before police arrived on May 25 and arrested Floyd.

In his opening statement last week, Chauvin's attorney, Eric Nelson, told the jury they would hear from Hall, who has been identified during trial testimony as an alleged drug dealer from whom Floyd obtained narcotics.

"This will include evidence that while they were in the car, Mr. Floyd consumed what were thought to be two Percoset [painkiller] pills," Nelson said during his opening statement, naming Hall and Shawanda Hill, Floyd's former girlfriend, as passengers in the SUV with Floyd outside the Cup Foods prior to police arriving on scene.
    They were on drugs and had more on them. They ingested everything they had when they saw police. Floyd and his buddy had lethal amounts of fentanyl in them- why his friend won’t testify.
    Last edited by desertrunner; 04-06-2021 at 10:37 PM.

Bronze
    Load Metric
    Neither, you just took the low road here with the insults.
    Sometimes the truth hurts. It's ok.

I'll help you out.

During cross-examination, Minneapolis Police Lt. Johnny Mercil, a use-of-force trainer, repeated his earlier answer that former police officer Derek Chauvin's use of his knee on George Floyd's neck was not a proper neck restraint.

Asked by defense attorney Eric Nelson if Chauvin's technique could be part of another training, Mercil said, "perhaps," adding that it might be considered "using body weight to control."

He continued: "However, I will add that we don't — we tell officers to stay away from the neck when possible and if you're going to use body weight to pin, to put it on their shoulder and be mindful of position."

Load Metric

I'll help you out.

During cross-examination, Minneapolis Police Lt. Johnny Mercil, a use-of-force trainer, repeated his earlier answer that former police officer Derek Chauvin's use of his knee on George Floyd's neck was not a proper neck restraint.

Asked by defense attorney Eric Nelson if Chauvin's technique could be part of another training, Mercil said, "perhaps," adding that it might be considered "using body weight to control."

He continued: "However, I will add that we don't — we tell officers to stay away from the neck when possible and if you're going to use body weight to pin, to put it on their shoulder and be mindful of position."
    Didnt ask for your help. And the "perhaps" is a supporter to his training.

I also feel some of these answers are fueled to go with the flow of the current social thinking of pure "racist".

But nice try.

Sometimes the truth hurts. It's ok.
    Moronic statement.

Bronze
    Load Metric

I'll help you out.

Didnt ask for your help. And the "perhaps" is a supporter to his training.

I also feel some of these answers are fueled to go with the flow of the current social thinking of pure "racist".

But nice try.
    You are only seeing what you want when reading.

Training to become an officer is at most 6 months? And most if not all cops think they know law, etc better than lawyers. Most have a hard time and find it irritating when someone records them while they are "working". It's all about ego and power with police and times have changed dramatically with what they get away with now.

Badges don't grant extra rights.
    Last edited by PuTTY; 04-06-2021 at 10:59 AM.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Desertrunner getting cornholed.

They have brought up like 8-10 cops to include training officers and the chief of police saying what Chauvin did wasn't in the training. As I've said before, I don't think the cops did anything wrong up until the time they put him on the ground and put all their body weight on him until he died. When a criminal or anyone for that matter is in trouble and needs medical attention cops have an obligation to help them.

You keep saying how no one in this thread has experience in law enforcement. I can tell you that the overwhelming majority of cops are pissed off at Chauvin. Pieces of shit like him put good cop's lives in danger, like they were all summer. This includes my brother.

There's a clear point where Floyd is no longer a danger to anyone, at that time the force needs to be minimized. We may never know for sure but I believe that Floyd died of a drug overdose, however Chauvin was negligent by not helping him. Instead he made it even more difficult for a person that needed medical assistance by kneeling on him for close to 10 minutes. If someone is already having trouble breathing the solution is never get 4 people to put all their body weight on him for 10 minutes.

One thing I agree with you about. It doesn't matter what the verdict is, our cities will burn again. Both Guilty and innocent are great reasons for some people to go grab a new TV and some fresh Jordans.

Load Metric
    The bottom line is whether the amount of force used was appropriate, and in compliance with the policy, is probably a judgment call and not a binary yes or no. I don't know "the answer" and neither does anyone else on this board. But the number of cops including the chief lining up to testify against Chauvin, plus his prior disciplinary history, sure looks bad.

SOBCHAK SECURITY 213-799-7798

PRESIDENT JOSEPH R. BIDEN JR., THE GREAT AND POWERFUL

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Walter Sobchak View Post
    But the number of cops including the chief lining up to testify against Chauvin, plus his prior disciplinary history, sure looks bad.
    Ocourse they are, if they go against the grain, they will be blackballed and their careers are over.

Silver
    Load Metric
    It's been cool seeing the professionalism of those involved in the trial, the judge has been fair.

Seeing discussions about the case the jury was not privy to, especially with his drug dealer FIF pleading buddy today was enlightening.

In a perfect world, I'd say the cop deserves a 3-6 month max slap on the wrist for not delivering aid, in addition to being personally and professionally ruined, which has already happened.

I have a big problem throwing the book at cops who have to deal with multiple felon, fake bill passing, arrest resisting, drug addicts, day in and day out, and judges who let them out to do it over and over again.

It's rather telling that one side is going to burn down Minneapolis either way, and it's symbolic of the fact they reject all institutions of this county, and want mob rule. Very insurrection-y if you ask me.

Comments

desertrunner:

splitthis:

dwai: based

Thread Information