Page 10 of 24 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast

Thread: I'm being sued by Mike Postle, as are ESPN, Doug Polk, Joey Ingram, Bart Hanson, Phil Galfond, Matt Berkey, Daniel Negreanu, Jonathan Little, Veronica Brill, Haralabob, and Pokernews

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Here's the mini show from tonight about the lawsuit, featuring Eric Bensamochan and tradershky, as well.

How much was tonight’s free roll? I missed it.

Platinum
    Load Metric

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    The legal discussion of this matter on 2+2 (well, what's left of it) is laughably bad.

That site used to have a lot of good posts, but a low signal-to-noise ratio. Now it's just all noise.

Load Metric
    The legal discussion of this matter on 2+2 (well, what's left of it) is laughably bad.

That site used to have a lot of good posts, but a low signal-to-noise ratio. Now it's just all noise.
    Very true. And what's this shit? So 2+2 doesn't want you to post their shit over here but they can take stuff from PFA and post it over there willy-nilly? And why wouldn't Chubs make it clear in the actual post where this is from rather than specify in the reason for editing. It makes it seem like Chubs is Druff (and I'm guessing it's not).

Name:  postle.jpg
Views: 589
Size:  149.9 KB

Silver
    Load Metric
    Great going Druff and Attorney Eric.

I'm setting the odds at even money for his Chapter 7 bankruptcy filing, sometime before December 31, 2021.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by The Shrink View Post

Very true. And what's this shit? So 2+2 doesn't want you to post their shit over here but they can take stuff from PFA and post it over there willy-nilly? And why wouldn't Chubs make it clear in the actual post where this is from rather than specify in the reason for editing. It makes it seem like Chubs is Druff (and I'm guessing it's not).

Chubs is not me. I don't have a fake account on 2+2, and I wouldn't call it "Chubs" if I did.

*giggling*

Comments

Ryback_feed_me_more: Chubs is Chinamaniac obviously rep

Speedster Out of Clemson adamantium's Avatar
    Load Metric

Chubs is not me. I don't have a fake account on 2+2, and I wouldn't call it "Chubs" if I did.

*giggling*
    are you banned from 2+2?
    Slava Ukraini!

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by adamantium View Post

*giggling*
    are you banned from 2+2?

https://pokerfraudalert.com/forum/sh...tennis-charity

Load Metric

*giggling*
    lol it was me you faggots

Comments

dwai: CHUBS IS GOD
    Last edited by nunbeater; 12-10-2020 at 09:54 PM. Reason: sad that you guys don't recognize the greatest golfer of all time

Load Metric
    For those who don't have 71 minutes to listen, here are the cliffs:

- Mike Postle's attorney has filed a motion to be dismissed as counsel, claiming Postle violated their agreement, and that he also hasn't been in contact with them since November 3. The hearing for this change will be on January 14.

- We filed an anti-SLAPP motion to get the case dismissed, which would automatically award us attorney's fees (likely 5 figures) if granted. This will be heard on February 10.

- It is possible Postle will not have an attorney for this Feb 10 anti-SLAPP hearing, which will be great for us, obviously.

- We will be aggressively collecting any judgment we receive regarding the attorney's fees, even if it takes years.

- Even if Postle drops the case now, he will still have to face this anti-SLAPP, since it has been filed already.

Attached is one of the documents filed by Postle's attorney this week.
    Here what happened: Postle’s attorney isn’t getting paid, or he took it on a contingency and now realizes the risk is higher than the reward. Good luck Druff, but getting a judgment is easy, collecting on it is an entirely different matter.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Jayjami View Post

- Mike Postle's attorney has filed a motion to be dismissed as counsel, claiming Postle violated their agreement, and that he also hasn't been in contact with them since November 3. The hearing for this change will be on January 14.

- We filed an anti-SLAPP motion to get the case dismissed, which would automatically award us attorney's fees (likely 5 figures) if granted. This will be heard on February 10.

- It is possible Postle will not have an attorney for this Feb 10 anti-SLAPP hearing, which will be great for us, obviously.

- We will be aggressively collecting any judgment we receive regarding the attorney's fees, even if it takes years.

- Even if Postle drops the case now, he will still have to face this anti-SLAPP, since it has been filed already.

Here what happened: Postle’s attorney isn’t getting paid, or he took it on a contingency and now realizes the risk is higher than the reward. Good luck Druff, but getting a judgment is easy, collecting on it is an entirely different matter.
    Very high chance it's a nonpayment thing. This, of course, raises the question of what was the plan in the first place. Surely it wasn't a surprise that hiring a Beverly Hills entertainment firm is expensive!

It's highly unlikely that this was a contingency thing, for several reasons. Regarding the risk, this case is pretty much a picture-perfect example of why anti-SLAPP legislation was written in the first place. Any attorney preparing this lawsuit and not aware of the anti-SLAPP risk (especially with 10 or so different defendants named) is guilty of malpractice.

There are several bizarre elements to this case. This latest development is one of them, but also:

- There are a lot of different and unrelated defendants named, all of whom could easily prevail on anti-SLAPP motions, which could easily put Postle on the hook for hundreds of thousands of dollars collectively. Given the likelihood of anti-SLAPP prevailing, why did he do this?

- Nobody was ever served or attempted to have been served, to my knowledge. To this date, I believe the only person served was me, and this was only by default because my attorney reached out to his attorney and accepted service on my behalf, and started our legal process in response to the filed suit.

- It is unclear who is/was funding this lawsuit.

- It is unclear why an entertainment firm in Beverly Hills was chosen, given that Mike Postle lives in Sacramento, and given that this firm does not seem to have a specialty in defamation cases.

I have my theories regarding answers to the above, but I can't discuss them right now. I have been studying a lot of aspects of this closely, behind the scenes. There are other aspects to this I haven't even brought out yet, but I will be unrolling in 2021. Buckle up.

Regarding collection, you are correct that this will definitely be the hardest part of the process. We are not optimistic that Postle will be easily collectible if we win any attorneys fees from him. However, I can assure you that we are committed to aggressively go after this, even if it takes years. This will be a thorn in his side, even if he doesn't realize it yet.

As I said on radio, I know someone who won a court judgment against an uncollectable person, but they kept at it for many years, partially due to personal hatred of the defendant. Ten years passed, and the defendant remained uncollectable. Undeterred, the plaintiff got the judgment renewed. At about the 13-year mark, the defendant settled down somewhat and got a regular job. The plaintiff found them and garnished their wages. The defendant was shocked, as they were a career deadbeat and had fucked a ton of people over the years, and everyone else had long forgotten about it. Significant interest had also occurred. The defendant laughably tried to negotiate at that point, and of course that was rejected. The judgment and all the interest were collected.

This will be similar, provided we get a judgment.

Bronze
    Load Metric

Regarding collection, you are correct that this will definitely be the hardest part of the process. We are not optimistic that Postle will be easily collectible if we win any attorneys fees from him. However, I can assure you that we are committed to aggressively go after this, even if it takes years. This will be a thorn in his side, even if he doesn't realize it yet.
    Postle should talk to the Subway which didn't give you tomatoes on the side if he thinks you'll drop this out of collection not being worth your time.

I say that with the highest level of respect, of course.

Comments

MumblesBadly: So true!

Dan Druff: lolz

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

Comments

tigerpiper: Rivetinglegal writing rep

Load Metric
    "Witteles is himself a well-known professional poker player."

Comments

tigerpiper: Ask Todd, he

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Jayjami View Post

If you will I get a return on my investment in Brill's defense fund.

NoFraud Poker Room Manager Belly Buster's Avatar
    Load Metric
    Get Wired recent podcast.

Get it here, or wherever you get your podcasts: https://www.wired.com/story/get-wire...poker-scandal/
    BTW JACKDANIELS is the first one banned from the thread. He is accusing me of being "duped by a middle aged man who dresses like John Cena"
    #FREEJACK #NEVERFORGET

NoFraud Online Poker Room: http://nofraud.pokerfraudalert.com:8087. For password resets and reload requests PM me.

Load Metric

I'm being sued by Mike Postle, as are ESPN, Doug Polk, Joey Ingram, Bart Hanson, Phil Galfond, Matt Berkey, Daniel Negreanu, Jonathan Little, Veronica Brill, Haralabob, and Pokernews

The quick thought, I figured the filed lawsuit was a total bluff from the beginning where he thought the parties would jump to settle to get out of it. No one jumped, so the lawyer bailed and MP figured the thing would just fizzle away. Correct?

Load Metric
    You’d be the last person in the world I’d want to have a judgement against me. My only chance would be your death and I have little doubt you’d set Benjamin upon a vendetta to collect.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by blake View Post
    "Witteles is himself a well-known professional poker player."

I’m more of the mind that Postle’s best chance of countering this motion is by questioning the grammatical skills of Druff’s attorney given the potentially extraneous comma in this sentence from Page 2, Lines 20-21

After the court rules on Witteles’ special motion to strike, Witteles intends to seek an award of his attorney’s fees and costs, pursuant to CCP 425.16(c).
    I actually hope this [second impeachment] succeeds, because I want Trump put down politically like a sick, 14-year-old dog. ... I don't want him complicating the 2024 primary season. I just want him done.
    Were Republicans cowardly or unethical not to go along with [convicting Trump in the second impeachment Senate trial]? No. The smart move was to reject it.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    BUMP

Veronica has hired celebrity first amendment attorney Marc Randazza to defend her in this case.

https://twitter.com/Angry_Polak/status/1347443149472350209

https://twitter.com/marcorandazza/status/1347530621149728769

https://twitter.com/marcorandazza/status/1347530272250732544

https://twitter.com/marcorandazza/status/1347619367878594563

Randazza has appeared on CNN and other broadcast media as a first amendment expert. He mainly defends first amendment cases.

Shortly after I broke the news of the Postle lawsuit on October 1, someone contacted me (not affiliated with this case on either side) and recommended Randazza. This person suggested that I go in with a group of other case defendants who were considering hiring Randazza together, in order to avoid duplicate work and save money. I said I would consider it, but ultimately went with Eric Bensamochan, as he is both a personal friend and friend of PFA Radio. I also knew Eric was a very competent attorney, from my various discussions with him over the years, both on and off radio.

Anyway, Randazza did seem like a good choice also, though I'm always a bit leery of any celebrity type option in any industry, as they are often more about show than results. I will say that Randazza did a great job for Scott Roeben (VitalVegas), in the lawsuit from the Sahara, where Roeben ultimately prevailed in his anti-SLAPP motion.

However, Randazza is not without his own blemishes.

First, he was suspended for 12 months from the Nevada State Bar in 2018, over ethics and conflict of interest violations: https://www.nvbar.org/wp-content/uploads/Randazza.pdf

Here's a video on that. Dude in the video looks like Micon.

Of note, the suspension was for 12 months, but it was held back for another 18 months, and was to likely be dismissed if he didn't screw up again. Indeed, 18 months did complete in April 2020, and Randazza seems to have had that lifted.

The record therefore establishes that Randazza violated the above-listed rules by loaning money to his client without informing the client in writing of the desirability of obtaining independent counsel, and by negotiating with opposing counsel to receive, as part of a settlement, a retainer for future legal services.

He also got disciplined (but not suspended) in California, in January 2020. It is not clear if this was over the same matter: http://members.calbar.ca.gov/fal/Licensee/Detail/269535

It doesn't appear that any of this stuff is super serious, but his recent record definitely isn't blemish-free.

Anyway, Randazza attempted to file his own anti-SLAPP motion on behalf of Brill, but it got rejected by the court:

Motion to Strike (Anti Slapp Special Motion to Strike Complaint) submitted by Brill, Veronica rejected on 01/11/2021 .
    It appears that it was rejected due to an appearance fee not being paid. However, this might just be an oversight committed by a third-party service which Randazza might have been using.

As soon as her anti-SLAPP gets accepted and successfully filed, I will post it here. I will be interested to see how it compares to the one I filed.

Thread Information