Blog Entries
    Load Metric

Doug Polk attempting to recall Carolyn Goodman, Las Vegas mayor

https://twitter.com/DougPolkVids/status/1254860539370434560

https://twitter.com/DougPolkVids/status/1255190486161092609

https://twitter.com/DougPolkVids/status/1257406411190857728

https://twitter.com/DougPolkVids/status/1258100706231218177

https://twitter.com/DougPolkVids/status/1258197485488500736

Polk has to collect 6681 signatures, which is 25% of the votes Goodman received in the last election. He has 90 days to do so, which might be tough during COVID-19 times. If he gets them, they will be analyzing the signatures to make sure they're legit. Once this is verified, a special election will be called.

At the moment, he only has 3 signatures, which is the minimum to start the official recall signature collection process.

It is not clear if Doug himself wants to run to replace her. He has an uphill battle given that the median age of voters for LV mayor last time was 72.

Leo Wolpert, who assisted Polk in some way here, is a PFA listener. I met him once at the WSOP during a chaotic Day 2 restart where several people's tables and chips were literally missing (mine and his included).

Load Metric
    But he only got 3 signatures...

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by SPIT this View Post
    But he only got 3 signatures...
    Whoops, I misread that. I'll fix the post.

Load Metric
    Am I missing something?

Only 38K people voted in a city of 1M+?

Is this normal or is this have something to do with the City of Las Vegas/Clark County thing?
    (•_•) ..
    ∫\ \___( •_•)
    _∫∫ _∫∫ɯ \ \

Quote Originally Posted by Hockey Guy
    I'd say good luck in the freeroll but I'm pretty sure you'll go on a bender to self-sabotage yourself & miss it completely or use it as the excuse of why you didn't cash.

Load Metric
    Population of Vegas is 640k. Still seems low tho.

Poor Doug had to beg to find 3 people who voted in the election.

Load Metric
    I’m glad Doug has found something like this to put his time & name recognition to work. I have a bit of a feeling that he may have his eye on possibly replacing her as he will be the face of the movement. It is Vegas though & we know her husband was a long time mob lawyer. I just hope he doesn’t wake up with a horse head in his bed.

Diamond
    Load Metric
    ugh, I used to kind of like this guy but been thinking he's approaching annoying gasbag territory lately

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by thesidedish View Post
    ugh, I used to kind of like this guy but been thinking he's approaching annoying gasbag territory lately
    Couldn't agree more, the only thing more annoying is that faggot who use to edit videos for him, srsly Sirius or some fag shit

Comments

1marley1: idiot

Rick Sanchez: lolololol

Muck Ficon: Don't worry about it

Diamond
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by JeffDime View Post
    I’m glad Doug has found something like this to put his time & name recognition to work. I have a bit of a feeling that he may have his eye on possibly replacing her as he will be the face of the movement. It is Vegas though & we know her husband was a long time mob lawyer. I just hope he doesn’t wake up with a horse head in his bed.

not ppl I would mess with over something like the mayor wanting the city to function at more than a 1% rate

Diamond
    Load Metric
    the mayor and her husband have been the mayor since 1999, not smart, polk should cover all life leaks IMMED

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Hockey Guy View Post
    Am I missing something?

Is this normal or is this have something to do with the City of Las Vegas/Clark County thing?
    local election turnout is always way lower when its not on a presidential year, or some other big race like a senator or something. Plus, she was expected to win in a blowout anyway, which also doesn't help turn out voters.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Crowe Diddly View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Hockey Guy View Post
    Am I missing something?

local election turnout is always way lower when its not on a presidential year, or some other big race like a senator or something. Plus, she was expected to win in a blowout anyway, which also doesn't help turn out voters.
    Interestingly, it wasn't a blowout, though.

She won 20k to 15k. Not close by any means, but not a blowout.

The biggest hurdle Doug faces is getting 6681 signatures in 90 days. With nobody leaving their house, and with nobody likely to want to answer the door to talk to him or people working for him, how is he going to manage this?

BTW, she has no say over the Vegas strip. That's the unincorporated town of "Paradise", which has no mayor, and is not Las Vegas, even though it's referred to as Las Vegas, and even though letters addressed there say Las Vegas.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post

The biggest hurdle Doug faces is getting 6681 signatures in 90 days. With nobody leaving their house, and with nobody likely to want to answer the door to talk to him or people working for him, how is he going to manage this?

BTW, she has no say over the Vegas strip. That's the unincorporated town of "Paradise", which has no mayor, and is not Las Vegas, even though it's referred to as Las Vegas, and even though letters addressed there say Las Vegas.
    I think you are looking at the wrong year.

She got over 4 out of every 5 votes cast in 2019, that's about as blow-outy as I can imagine.

Name:  Screenshot 2020-05-06 at 9.46.58 PM.png
Views: 1275
Size:  48.8 KB

Load Metric
    Time for another billboard. Kewpie hair has the same chance to win an election as Biden. Lolz huuuuge.
    Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.

Ronald Reagan

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Yeah I was gong by that first tweet of Doug's, which I now see mentions 2015. She was the incumbent then, as well, but didn't win as decisively.

Looks like she had a serious opponent in 2015, and nothing but vanity opposition in 2019.

But as you see from 2015, if someone runs seriously against her, the turnout still sucks. It's worse with no serious opponent, but either way she failed to break 22k votes.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Crowe Diddly View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post

I think you are looking at the wrong year.

She got over 4 out of every 5 votes cast in 2019, that's about as blow-outy as I can imagine.

Name:  Screenshot 2020-05-06 at 9.46.58 PM.png
Views: 1275
Size:  48.8 KB
    This election was actually pretty funny. The opposition candidates really were vanity candidates in every sense of the word.

Phil Collins was neither the famous singer nor the semi-known poker player. This particular Phil Collins was a 52-year-old member of the "Prohibition Party", which is exactly what it sounds. Apparently Collins thought he'd be serving in 1920 rather than 2020 (but both years had a deadly pandemic, so perhaps he was onto something.)

Amy Luciano was on that awful "Sin City Rules" show on TLC in 2013, which also featured Jennifer Harman. She was known as Amy Hanley then. I Facebook friended her at the time because her page was fullllllll of drama and I wanted some entertainment, plus I figured I'd try to get her on PFA Radio. However, the show flopped (shocker), so I lost interest. Her father, who died when she was like 3 years old, was a mob hitman, and she's been exploiting that weird angle as a self-marketing gimmick for years. Anyway, she got married and seems to have settled down some. I had no idea she ran for mayor in 2019, so apparently she's still looking for attention. She did chat me up on Facebook one time in 2013, talking to me as if I were a close friend of hers, so I just played along. Very weird.

I don't know the third person.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by dwai View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by thesidedish View Post
    Couldn't agree more, the only thing more annoying is that faggot who use to edit videos for him, srsly Sirius or some fag shit
    GOOD POST! GOOD POST!

Load Metric
    Are you telling me if we put our heads together and collectively spammed social media for an off year election we could basically get Garrett elected mayor of Las Vegas?

Load Metric
    That turnout is mind blowing. It almost makes me think anyone serious is afraid to run. I’d think some school teacher could get a union endorsement and hold some rallies and take her down. I’m not suggesting a culinary endorsement which would certainly seal it, but that I’m sure for some reason she has on lock.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by BCR View Post
    Are you telling me if we put our heads together and collectively spammed social media for an off year election we could basically get Garrett elected mayor of Las Vegas?
    That's not a bad idea.

Imagine a Garrett vs Doug Polk race

The Smock vs The Burger

Thread Information