Page 243 of 950 FirstFirst ... 143193233239240241242243244245246247253293343743 ... LastLast
Results 4,841 to 4,860 of 18995

Thread: So coronavirus is definitely going to kill a few of us.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    By the way, the "behavior is more important than genetics" school of thought also kills people.

I know people with high BP who won't take BP medication because they "don't need it" and "will just stay calmer and cut down on salt."

I know people with high cholesterol who have told me they won't take a statin, and instead will just "stop eating red meat" or "go mostly vegetarian".

They refuse to admit there's a genetic component beyond their control.

These are both conditions which are VERY long-term unhealthy if untreated. Too many people have been talked into believing that good behavior = good results, and you don't need no stinkin' mediation to do the job.

The genetics knife cuts both ways. You can have shit genetics which punish you despite good behavior, you could have great genetics which rescue you despite bad behavior, and you can have neither. And by "genetics", I mean individually with each particular issue. For example, I'll probably never have to take cholesterol meds for as long as I live (or at least not until I'm much older), yet I was predestined to be on BP meds by my early 40s.
    Now you're just talking random shit to cover your obvious inability to understand even the most simple facts.

One pound of fat equates to approximately 3,500 calories, simple scientific fact.
    Last edited by Salty_Aus; 04-11-2020 at 06:12 AM.

Load Metric
    if anyones looking for a reliable source of truth for prediction models, this is best in slot right now:

https://covid-19.bsvgateway.org/

there are gaping, awful holes in virtually all the other models on either side of the curve, not to mention the ludicrous political influences behind a lot of them (again on both sides).

this one is just pure science nerd alg data energy and should be trusted much, much more than any other source on your radars.

Comments

big dick: .

Forum Wars: More good data
    Last edited by sonatine; 04-11-2020 at 06:22 AM.
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by simpdog View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Krypt View Post
    highly doubt it, gimpdog. Seller has 37000+ reviews and literally 100% positive feedback. NT
    Hope they work out.

Tgull wouldn't approve. The wealthier PFA posters should be buying direct from Apple.

It's been established he's not wealthy; rather, he's just a poser on a 7th ranked poker forum trying to appear so.

Diamond
    Load Metric
    https://www.nytimes.com/2020/04/11/n...losed.amp.html

Wow. This changes slot. Kids home for 8+ months? This makes it interesting to find out now when can the parents go back to work.

I mean how the fuck am I supposed to fuck high school boys when they WONT LEAVE THE FUCKING HOUSE

ARGHHHH

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by OSA View Post
    https://www.nytimes.com/2020/04/11/n...losed.amp.html

Wow. This changes slot. Kids home for 8+ months? This makes it interesting to find out now when can the parents go back to work.

I mean how the fuck am I supposed to fuck high school boys when they WONT LEAVE THE FUCKING HOUSE

ARGHHHH

you used to call yourself a bi-sexual. but all you talk about is boys. you given up on the females?

Comments

OSA: more like they've given up on me lol

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Tellafriend View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by simpdog View Post

Hope they work out.

Tgull wouldn't approve. The wealthier PFA posters should be buying direct from Apple.

It's been established he's not wealthy; rather, he's just a poser on a 7th ranked poker forum trying to appear so.
    Pretty sure we fell back to 8th tier after a short flirtation with 7th when we were momentarily on the CIA's radar.
    (•_•) ..
    ∫\ \___( •_•)
    _∫∫ _∫∫ɯ \ \

Quote Originally Posted by Hockey Guy
    I'd say good luck in the freeroll but I'm pretty sure you'll go on a bender to self-sabotage yourself & miss it completely or use it as the excuse of why you didn't cash.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by splitthis View Post

Wtf, there are 18% super obese Americans and it’s related to diet. Guaranteed gobo is eating over 5k calories a day. He looks like that because he eats too many calories and has low activity. Mind boggling how ignorant you are.
    Gobbo eats a lot AND has a predisposition to obesity.

Obesity is partially genetics and partially behavior. You're telling me that you haven't known people on the opposite end, who can pig out constantly, not exercise, and stay thin?

I know several like this, and they're not young, so you can't blame it on that.

For some reason you are blind to genetic predispositions and believe everything is behavior-related, which is odd.
    Yes, some people have genetic or behavioral or age or lifestyle tendencies THEY HAVE TO WORK HARDER BOO FUCKING HOO. I am a middle aged woman in full out menopause, I have to work harder to burn calories to maintain same weight as someone 30 years younger. Instead of working out one hour a day, I have to work out 2 hours a day. JUST DO IT to have a healthy life for as long as it lasts.

There is no guarantee that my life will be longer than anyone else’s due to genetics but I guarantee I am doing everything possible to extend a quality life in my older years. I am strong as hell and ready for any fight that comes my way.

If you eat like shit, don’t exercise and blame it on genetics your likelihood of a long life is small. You have a young boy, you need to change your thinking if you plan on seeing him graduate high school. You need to fight like hell to do all you can to control your future. WAKE UP BEFORE YOU FAIL.

Comments

big dick: tell em sister
    Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.

Ronald Reagan

Load Metric
    Courtesy People of Walmart.

Name:  91221570_4330334513659276_5541317670873333760_n.jpg
Views: 437
Size:  347.8 KB

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Salty_Aus View Post
    Courtesy People of Walmart.

Name:  91221570_4330334513659276_5541317670873333760_n.jpg
Views: 437
Size:  347.8 KB
    red bull gives you wings?

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by splitthis View Post

Gobbo eats a lot AND has a predisposition to obesity.

Obesity is partially genetics and partially behavior. You're telling me that you haven't known people on the opposite end, who can pig out constantly, not exercise, and stay thin?

I know several like this, and they're not young, so you can't blame it on that.

For some reason you are blind to genetic predispositions and believe everything is behavior-related, which is odd.
    Yes, some people have genetic or behavioral or age or lifestyle tendencies THEY HAVE TO WORK HARDER BOO FUCKING HOO. I am a middle aged woman in full out menopause, I have to work harder to burn calories to maintain same weight as someone 30 years younger. Instead of working out one hour a day, I have to work out 2 hours a day. JUST DO IT to have a healthy life for as long as it lasts.

There is no guarantee that my life will be longer than anyone else’s due to genetics but I guarantee I am doing everything possible to extend a quality life in my older years. I am strong as hell and ready for any fight that comes my way.

If you eat like shit, don’t exercise and blame it on genetics your likelihood of a long life is small. You have a young boy, you need to change your thinking if you plan on seeing him graduate high school. You need to fight like hell to do all you can to control your future. WAKE UP BEFORE YOU FAIL.
    Give it a fucking rest, splitthis. You just love to ride your judgmental high horse because your parents didn’t like you that much and you need to find a way to think of yourself as better than others.

Or because of your genetic predisposition for mental illness.

Or probably some combination of both.

Comments

splitthis: No, save your life
    I actually hope this [second impeachment] succeeds, because I want Trump put down politically like a sick, 14-year-old dog. ... I don't want him complicating the 2024 primary season. I just want him done.
    Were Republicans cowardly or unethical not to go along with [convicting Trump in the second impeachment Senate trial]? No. The smart move was to reject it.

Load Metric
    god its great to see splitthis freak out the personality disorder poster kids, honestly its almost a fetish at this point.

Comments

splitthis: Kisses

MumblesBadly: You’re just jealous you don’t have a personality disorder.
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    Jimmy Fricke was one of the best minds in poker.

He almost beat Gus Hansen back in 2007 at the Aussie Millions.

If I was in his position and weighed over 400 pounds, it would take me over a year to lose most of the weight. All your energy is gone because of the fat and it leads to other health problems.

The more you are overweight the harder it is. You need personal trainers and a nutritionist to make sure you stick to it and don't cheat.

A very high percentage of fat obese people will die from this coronavirus.

Stay thin as if your life depended on it.

Comments

splitthis: I would love to help him

Load Metric
    Everyone at PFA is Liquid as fuck except for OSA and Muck Ficon apparently. Just in case you are worth under $1.5M liquid The below is a website That has collected information on mortgage payment options by bank/company.

Fairly informative actually. Guy should put up a PayPal donation button or a amazon link.

https://forbearancereport.com

Load Metric
    Once Hotdog on a Stick reopens, I think we need to do a reverse Chinamaniac-like challenge for Druff.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Anyone dead yet ? Another classic PFA prediction ... lols

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by sah_24 View Post
    Even by low estimates, we are only 1/3 (death count) through the first wave of a virus that is likely to become endemic. Still a long way to go.

Comments

sah_24: You are bad at math ... like this whole thread has proven

DirtyErnie: offset lil guy

Load Metric
    Michael Avenatti was just released from prison.

America is now number one in coronavirus deaths.

Load Metric
    For fuck sake!!! Will the current gaggle of younger American journalists please learn the difference between “precedent” and “precedence”???!!! I am getting sick and tired of seeing them used in each others’ place in online articles!!!

She’s A Furloughed Single Mom Of 3. The Utility Is Shutting Off Her Power Anyway.
    Despite extra federal funding, many of Tennessee’s power providers are still cutting off service to families who can’t pay during the coronavirus pandemic.

https://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/us_5...b6f7b1ea8120d1

“When the utilities use the cover of local control without actually giving the public local control, you end up with a situation like this,” Knisley said by phone Friday. “Where there’s a scattered response, you see some utilities implementing these policies and others telling customers and members they can’t make exceptions in hard times or it’d encourage some to abuse the system.”

Deflated, Kniley turned to the governor. On Wednesday, more than two dozen nonprofits ― including Appalachian Voices and local chapters of the NAACP and the Sierra Club ― wrote a letter to Tennessee Gov. Bill Lee (R) asking him to “put the full weight of your administration behind protecting the public’s health and safety during this time of crisis” and issue a statewide moratorium on all utility shutoffs.

“By taking the measures above to halt utility service shut offs and fees, you can address some of the burdens that are affecting the lives of everyday Tennesseans the most,” the letter said. “Now more than ever, residents and businesses across the state need to know they will get the immediate assistance they require.”

Such a move has precedent. Mississippi...
    Seriously, HuffPost? It should be “has precedence.” Send your writers the fuck back to school and have learn correct English language usage! Or at least have them use the Google machine to check their work before publishing your propaganda-riddled anti-corporate polemics!

Comments

blake: off topic
    I actually hope this [second impeachment] succeeds, because I want Trump put down politically like a sick, 14-year-old dog. ... I don't want him complicating the 2024 primary season. I just want him done.
    Were Republicans cowardly or unethical not to go along with [convicting Trump in the second impeachment Senate trial]? No. The smart move was to reject it.

Load Metric
    Most utilities (power, water, gas) are not processing disconnections right now.

At least in states that Governors have closed down all "non-essential" businesses.

Comments

MumblesBadly: Dive into the article I linked in the post immediately above to learn how many in Tennessee aren’t getting left out of relief by the governor there.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by sah_24 View Post
    Are you seriously expecting dead people to respond?

Another classic PFA idiotic take.

Name:  lol30.gif
Views: 414
Size:  714.8 KB

Comments

DirtyErnie: oh lil sah

MumblesBadly: No, but I’m sure some would make a deathbed post to say good-bye
    (•_•) ..
    ∫\ \___( •_•)
    _∫∫ _∫∫ɯ \ \

Quote Originally Posted by Hockey Guy
    I'd say good luck in the freeroll but I'm pretty sure you'll go on a bender to self-sabotage yourself & miss it completely or use it as the excuse of why you didn't cash.

Thread Information