Page 24 of 33 FirstFirst ... 14202122232425262728 ... LastLast

Thread: MMA Betting...Expert or Amateur????

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by DonaldTrumpsHairPiece View Post
    NO WAY that was highway robbery, Reyes is the new champ, Jones was crap.
    I had it 48-47 Bones. I would listen to 48-47 Reyes. Whichever judge had 49-46 Bones should get fucking fired. Reyes CLEARLY won 1 & 2. When they read the 49-46 it had to be Reyes!
    It's hilarious that we as a society think everyone can be a dr, a lawyer, an engineer. Some people are just fucking stupid. Why can't we just accept that?

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by jsearles22 View Post
    I had it 48-47 Bones. I would listen to 48-47 Reyes. Whichever judge had 49-46 Bones should get fucking fired. Reyes CLEARLY won 1 & 2. When they read the 49-46 it had to be Reyes!
    So the one judge who didn't get paid lol

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    I don't know how Dick Pills Jones wins on all three judges cards but just like everyone else with two working eyes that guy scoring 49-46 is an idiot who shouldn't ever score a mma fight again.

Joe Rogan & company keep saying how they would have to watch the fight again playing the company man role is embarrassing because they repeated this over and over again.

We will have to see what Dana says here about it in a bit.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by jsearles22 View Post

sherdog had rd 2 for bones, at which point i knew reyes was going to get bonejobbed.
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    I’ll admit to having not seen the fight so I can’t say for sure, but when you wake up and everyone is saying it’s the worst decision ever that’s saying something

Load Metric
    im starting to wonder if some refs score fights by listening to rogan instead of like, watching the fight in front of them.

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by sonatine View Post
    im starting to wonder if some refs score fights.........

Could have ended it here

Load Metric
    i probably would have scored it 3-2 reyes

still, jones was clearly the aggressor the whole fight. i'm in the minority, but i never feel too bad when the aggressor gets a decision he shouldn't have.

Load Metric
    i definitely want to see a rematch though

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by blake View Post

still, jones was clearly the aggressor the whole fight. i'm in the minority, but i never feel too bad when the aggressor gets a decision he shouldn't have.

The whole fight? You missed the first 3 rds.

Jones NEVER caught him and rattled him once, hurt him, mounted him, nothing. The occasional good blow but nothing significant. Reyes went kick/chop for chop, that old game was shut down and Jones had no answers, Reyes slides and punches brilliantly throughout.

My take was Jones is fighting a better version of himself tonight, period.

Last 2 Reyes did slow but his take down defense was great, made Jones look weak/average at best which he was.

Reyes 3-2 all day.

Load Metric

honestly its just going to be the same story.

the one person who could have spared us this indignity was anthony johnson. no one else carries the requisite power to actually damage (much less stop) jones enough to challenge him in the last 2 rounds.

and honestly using the current scoring system, rd 5 could have been scored a 10-8 round for jones (but jones also should have lost a point for his 3rd fingerpoke warning so..).

the grim truth is that jones is incredibly good at ignoring damage and pacing himself, thats his brand right now. and if you want to win championship fights, there really isnt a better, safer, more consistent way to do it.

Load Metric

honestly its just going to be the same story.

the one person who could have spared us this indignity was anthony johnson. no one else carries the requisite power to actually damage (much less stop) jones enough to challenge him in the last 2 rounds.

and honestly using the current scoring system, rd 5 could have been scored a 10-8 round for jones (but jones also should have lost a point for his 3rd fingerpoke warning so..).

the grim truth is that jones is incredibly good at ignoring damage and pacing himself, thats his brand right now. and if you want to win championship fights, there really isnt a better, safer, more consistent way to do it.

I thought I heard a 3d warning for finger pokes too but... hey they take that point away its harder to screw Reyes on the cards. Except for that 49-46 guy lol Imagine that call after a point is deducted....2 cards even then that one.

Load Metric

So the one judge who didn't get paid lol
    Wouldn't he be the obviously paid off one, the one with the ridiculous score for the champ?
    Quote Originally Posted by Daly View Post
    I’ll admit to having not seen the fight so I can’t say for sure, but when you wake up and everyone is saying it’s the worst decision ever that’s saying something
    It's also not even the worst decision on the card, so take that with a grain of salt.

LOL at AJ being able to get off the stool, or even breath, in rounds 4 and 5. He'd KO Jones in the 1st or give up his back and tap in the 2nd. No chance he wins a decision if he goes five because he can't even go for 2 full rounds with any sort of pace, and the last time he finished someone after round 2 was in '08. Hard;ly the guy to even see the championship rounds.

Load Metric

Jones NEVER caught him and rattled him once, hurt him, mounted him, nothing. The occasional good blow but nothing significant. Reyes went kick/chop for chop, that old game was shut down and Jones had no answers, Reyes slides and punches brilliantly throughout.

Last 2 Reyes did slow but his take down defense was great, made Jones look weak/average at best which he was.

Reyes 3-2 all day.
    i could be wrong, but i swear i saw jones stalking reyes the entire match

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Crowe Diddly View Post
    Wouldn't he be the obviously paid off one, the one with the ridiculous score for the champ?
    Quote Originally Posted by Daly View Post
    It's also not even the worst decision on the card, so take that with a grain of salt.

LOL at AJ being able to get off the stool, or even breath, in rounds 4 and 5. He'd KO Jones in the 1st or give up his back and tap in the 2nd. No chance he wins a decision if he goes five because he can't even go for 2 full rounds with any sort of pace, and the last time he finished someone after round 2 was in '08. Hard;ly the guy to even see the championship rounds.

its weird that i have to point out that no one was claiming aj was going to be a threat after 90 seconds. the point was that no one else is going to inconvenience jones before the 20th minute.

Load Metric

Reyes 3-2 all day.
    i could be wrong, but i swear i saw jones stalking reyes the entire match
    this ties into the 'jones basically walking through damage and giving up points so he can create an exploitable end game' brand. not to mention it feeds into the 'ring aggression' scaling on points.

rogan suck dicking jones into the mic for the duration exaggerates his successes here, which makes these sorts of decisions all the more grotesque.

Comments

blake: fair

Load Metric

its weird that i have to point out that no one was claiming aj was going to be a threat after 90 seconds. the point was that no one else is going to inconvenience jones before the 20th minute.
    We just saw a dude arguably take the first 3 rounds from him. If the judges gave him the first 3 like most of the media and people watching, the last 2 rounds wouldn't have mattered. That seems like an inconvenience.

Load Metric
    I was being sarcastic

@blake, I didn't see the first 3 that way, I didn't see the usual retreat from Jones the way most do as he chops away at them, I saw a Reyes that countered and slipped counter punched and kept Jones at bay.

Admittedly as he tired 4-5 he backed up more so but I dunno.

The talk of heavyweight for Jones after this fight is laughable imo. Imagine if Reyes had KO power at all this fight would have ended rd1-3.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Crowe Diddly View Post

We just saw a dude arguably take the first 3 rounds from him. If the judges gave him the first 3 like most of the media and people watching, the last 2 rounds wouldn't have mattered. That seems like an inconvenience.
    ive lost count of how many fights, mostly championship, have a fighter mysteriously pull out the decision after dropping 3 rounds by making rounds 4 and 5 dramatic. its absolutely a thing. thats as deep into the conspiracy pool as im willing to get.

Load Metric
    I was being sarcastic

@blake, I didn't see the first 3 that way, I didn't see the usual retreat from Jones the way most do as he chops away at them, I saw a Reyes that countered and slipped counter punched and kept Jones at bay.

Admittedly as he tired 4-5 he backed up more so but I dunno.

The talk of heavyweight for Jones after this fight is laughable imo. Imagine if Reyes had KO power at all this fight would have ended rd1-3.
    jones would do well at heavyweight standing. heavyweights just arent as fast as reyes, at least since cain fell under the usada bus. but i do think he gets ragdolled in the clinch there and likely doesnt make it back to his stool if he gets put on his back.

Thread Information