Page 17 of 144 FirstFirst ... 71314151617181920212767117 ... LastLast

Thread: ELON MUSK IS GOD

Diamond
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by WillieMcFML View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by OSA View Post

Do you have knowledge about other similar sized companies and their executives average tenure? Sales and Marketing individuals very rarely stay long in one company but I cannot attest to general counsel and those other positions. VP of HR and Head of Diversity? (LOL). From my experience in the C level/SVP/VP space, Directors rarely have any decision making power and are usually under the VP and even AVP of Fortune 500 companies. Sounds nice but nothing more than a title. Just because executives are leaving might mean that they are getting better financial opportunities elsewhere and are deemed valuable because of their time at Tesla. #justsaying
    what's really alarming in the number of senior accounting staff that have BAILED. I believe the new CFO of this company worth tens of billions on paper is like 32 years old. when your top accounting talent is leaving and then their replacements don't last a year, that's not a good look. no one wants to be in charge of their books when the other shoe drops
    https://www.cnbc.com/2018/09/07/tesl...listening.html

Tesla’s now former chief accounting officer, Dave Morton, quit the company after concluding CEO Elon Musk wasn’t interested in accounting details around a potential take-private transaction, according to people familiar with the matter.

“I want to be clear that I believe strongly in Tesla, its mission and its future prospects, and I have no disagreements with Tesla’s leadership or its financial reporting,” Morton wrote in his statement today.

Sounds like Morton couldn't hang with a 21st century genius like Elon and jumped ship. Unfortunate.

Load Metric

what's really alarming in the number of senior accounting staff that have BAILED. I believe the new CFO of this company worth tens of billions on paper is like 32 years old. when your top accounting talent is leaving and then their replacements don't last a year, that's not a good look. no one wants to be in charge of their books when the other shoe drops

Tesla’s now former chief accounting officer, Dave Morton, quit the company after concluding CEO Elon Musk wasn’t interested in accounting details around a potential take-private transaction, according to people familiar with the matter.

“I want to be clear that I believe strongly in Tesla, its mission and its future prospects, and I have no disagreements with Tesla’s leadership or its financial reporting,” Morton wrote in his statement today.

Sounds like Morton couldn't hang with a 21st century genius like Elon and jumped ship. Unfortunate.
    the CFO, Chief Accounting Officer, & VP of Accounting have all quit this year - but I'm sure it has nothing to do with the mysterious $1B in receivables Tesla is claiming, among other "creative" accounting

Elon has even said it was because the quarter ended on a Sunday and a lot of europeans wrote checks

google David Einhorn Tesla for more info
    Last edited by WillieMcFML; 11-25-2019 at 08:50 PM.
    Hi Lew!!!

Diamond
    Load Metric

the CFO, Chief Accounting Officer, & VP of Accounting have all quit this year - but I'm sure it has nothing to do with the mysterious $1B in receivables Tesla is claiming, among other "creative" accounting

Elon has even said it was because the quarter ended on a Sunday and a lot of europeans wrote checks

Einhorn has money invested hoping he fails so you have to take it with a grain of salt.

Elon is playing chess and everyone is playing checkers brah. The CAO has said no disagreements with reporting.

Im gonna go with the guy who has seen and knows the books over someone who has a hedge fund that will make millions if he fails.

Load Metric

Einhorn has money invested hoping he fails so you have to take it with a grain of salt.

Elon is playing chess and everyone is playing checkers brah. The CAO has said no disagreements with reporting.

Im gonna go with the guy who has seen and knows the books over someone who has a hedge fund that will make millions if he fails.
    oh, you mean the CAO who did elon's bidding until he realized he would spend some time in a federal pound town? that guy?

yeah, he woke up, left the company, and decided it would probably not be wise to incriminate oneself

einhorn is a short, but he's also a genius - try reading some things he has said about tesla before commenting further please

he recently called elon's bluff and now it's crickets from elon
    Hi Lew!!!

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by sonatine View Post
    elon is literally the offspring of howard hughes and steve jobs and tesla is without question the new apple.
    Hughes and the Spruce Goose? The congressional hearings for fraud? The loss of TWA and the bankruptcy of Hughes Aircraft?

Jobs getting bounced from his own company? The near bankruptcy of Apple?

Interesting parallels.

Job’s genius was that he identified and drove talent. Woz, Ives, Lassiter. Almost forgot Xerox PARC for chrissakes

I don’t see that quality present in Musk. Do tell us of the hidden Tesla design genius.

Hughes was part huckster too. Fascinating. Needs to be revisited. Thanks

I’m falling in love with the Hughes comparison. This is fresh to me. Will report back.
    Last edited by Sanlmar; 11-25-2019 at 10:00 PM.

Load Metric
    I will submit to you that Toy Story and Lassiter saved Steve Jobs and enabled his re-entry to Apple with newfound wealth and credibility.

A fascinating study of kismet and chance. What might never have been otherwise. The whole miniMac OS (IOS) etc and by extension the iPhone and it’s eco-system.

If the Apple engineers didn’t discover the FingerWorks technology who would have? Or maybe we’d have some kludgy Google device.

The element of chance in life and tech is wonderful to consider.

I don’t see anything but incremental development at Tesla aided by government rebates and a market willing to invest in narratives. Apple was something absolutely original not incremental. Electric vehicles are required of all manufacturers. It’s corporate compliance. They are coming. Fast and furious with or without Tesla.

Or maybe you wanna talk about life on Mars. I don’t.
    Last edited by Sanlmar; 11-25-2019 at 09:56 PM.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanlmar View Post
    I don’t see anything but incremental development at Tesla aided by government rebates and a market willing to invest in narratives.

you must not live near affluent, educated, young people or else you would see a lot of teslas as well.
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanlmar View Post
    I don’t see anything but incremental development at Tesla aided by government rebates and a market willing to invest in narratives.

you must not live near affluent, educated, young people or else you would see a lot of teslas as well.
    I am involved in the ownership of a high end service business in a very affluent neck of Mass. One of the most highly educated workforce’s in the world. My parking lot is filled with Tesla’s.

These people are all up in our grill about our recycling policy and cleaning chemicals etc. They are well meaning liberals. Their purchase is more fashion and political than technical. Again, generally they are nice people.

They want to know where our charging stations are going to be. Hint: Mass will almost foot the entire bill. There is the free market at work for ya.

They will have many choices soon that will, too their eye, appear nearly identical. Soon. Very soon.

Tick tick

Load Metric
    So they own a subsidized product that is powered by subsidized energy.... manufactured by a company that really has never turned a profit.

The town has a municipal charging station. I drive by it in my SUV. I note the growing diversity of vehicles attached to the lines. BMW’s, Toyota’s, Chevy Volt.

I am pleased to pay for their power.

Feelin' Stronger Every Day tony bagadonuts's Avatar
    Load Metric

Einhorn has been taking it in his short shorts during the latest rally in the stock price.

He's not a reliable narrator Will, he's biased and has a lot to lose if Tesla succeeds.

Load Metric
    i wish the sales/performance metrics of the china gigafactory werent so opaque. thats the only thing thats going to have any positive impact on q1 and i dont see any substantive good news coming from anywhere else until then.

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    But the loudest voices in the room arent going to be guys with pocket protectors and combovers, first its going to be a bunch of working class morons laughing at the mere notion of driving one of those things in public, and then it's going to be the shorts retweeting those responses

to be clear, my positive outlook on tesla and its offerings has not changed. but elon smashing the windows on his prototype during a product unveiling changes my short term perspective considerably.

Feelin' Stronger Every Day tony bagadonuts's Avatar
    Load Metric
    i wish the sales/performance metrics of the china gigafactory werent so opaque. thats the only thing thats going to have any positive impact on q1 and i dont see any substantive good news coming from anywhere else until then.
    Let's hope it sucks, I'd really like to add to my position.

What matters is what the stock is worth 5-7 years from now, not Q1 2020.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by tony bagadonuts View Post
    Let's hope it sucks, I'd really like to add to my position.

What matters is what the stock is worth 5-7 years from now, not Q1 2020.

good perspective, right here.

related note... with the solar cover added to the cybertruck, chinese regulations could categorize it as an SUV, not a freight vehicle (all import pickup trucks are apparently considered some sort of freight vehicle and subject to an astounding amount of extra paperwork).

Load Metric

Load Metric
    https://www.teslarati.com/tesla-mode...rts-suppliers/

interesting development but by no means surprising; tesla is apparently pressuring model y parts providers to expedite production. i assume this is them dealing with the concern i expressed earlier; that they have no real good news for us through the next 6-9 months and their stock behavior reflects this.

the other side of this coin is; how many potential model y customers purchased model 3s because they didnt want to wait until late 2020/early 2021 to get their cars? im guessing quite a few... doesnt change the long term prognosis much but its emotionally frustrating regardless that the butterfly effect from those smashed windows will be dragging down stock value regardless of what numbers the model y does.

Load Metric
    dubai police force are switching to tesla cybertrucks.

also 250k preorders, make of that what you will.

Diamond
    Load Metric
    dubai police force are switching to tesla cybertrucks.

also 250k preorders, make of that what you will.
    I'm hoping these lead to a Fast and the Furious 10, where they return to Dubai and this time drive a few cybertrucks through buildings again

Load Metric
    Sonatine trying to correlate stock price to smashed windows.

Carry on.

Oh hell, I’m lured in again....

Here’s a thought for the day. Analogous to sports wagering, there is public money and there is sharp money.

I suppose somewhere, someone sold their stock because of that kabuki theater.

What is strange is that the windows should have been an extension of their solar roof which is actually stronger than the body panels. It is remarkable engineering that something transparent can be more crashworthy than sheet metal.

But that is not what sells cars. Other than niche product like Volvo’s.

Indeed, for a whole host of reasons the Tesla is remarkably safe. The bulletproof windows schtick is huckster Elon. The guy is PT Barnum. The whole episode is remarkable insight.

I’m not disparaging PT Barnum or Elon for being showmen. Just know the players.
    Last edited by Sanlmar; 11-27-2019 at 09:38 AM.

Load Metric
    Wait, we have a caller

“Hello, Sanlmar? Love your show. Isn’t Volvo owned by the Chinese?”

“This is true caller. Perhaps this is melded into Sonatine’s 5-7 year horizon.”

Simultaneous laughter

Thread Information