Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Rolled: A Diabetic Saga

Banned
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by snake_in_the_ass View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by MumblesBadly View Post
    I just ran across a vid about sugar that briefly explains why Type 2 diabetes is exasperated by obesity. I found it quite easy to follow while being quite informative.

Why so interested? I was diagnosed with diabetes last January and was started on Metformin then to control it. But I didnt lose any weight over the past year, as I got complacent when taking 1000mg of it worked to control my blood sugar... Well, only for about 8 months or so. Then I was back to needing to pee every 3 hours. And had nerve pain in my toes/feet. Not good.

How much so? Well, last year when I first got diagnosed, my BS was hovering at about 150-160 in the morning. Not too bad, but should be lower. The Dr started me on 500mg Metformin for a week, then upped it to 1000mg. Earlier this month, when my BS was hovering near 200 even on the 1000mg of Metformin, the Dr upped the Metformin to 2000mg/day and added 5mg of glycoZIDE (?). And I've sustantialled changed two one aspects of my diet: (1) Avoiding obvious carbs, liks bread, rice, potatoes, sugary items, and (2) overall reducing my calory intake to about 2000/day. I'm guessing that I was easily downing about 3000-3500 calories/day before based on my eating habits. And possibly more. Hence no weight loss from last year from the roughly 300lbs then.

The new result? Since I started this routine about two weeks ago, my BS is now consistently around 100 +/- 20. And I've added the practice of taking my BS just before I plan to eat during the day. And each time since then, it's been good.

As for my diet, I'm not killing myself to drastically lose weight fast, as I want this to be a lifestyle change and not a self-punishing sprint that I can't sustain. I'll weigh myself once a month to see where I'm at. And add exercise to my routine.

Now for the video...

Most doctors are idiots when it comes to type 2 diabetes. They put you on metformin and then bump up the dosage and then when that doesn't fix it, they put you on insulin and keep bumping up the dosage. Very simple solution yet few will do it. Cut the carbs and quit being afraid of saturated fat and cholesterol. Eat bacon, eggs, avocado, butter, heavy whipping cream, cheese, fish, chicken, seafood, and meat etc. You don't need to count calories either. No other animal on earth counts calories, nor should humans. Quit the carbs and the pounds will melt away and your type 2 diabetes will be gone. You can fix yourself in 6 months.

carbs are like my worst enemy, the problem people have is that carbs tend to taste really good. so they just limit the carbs to like 60 grams/meal but I feel like that's way to high. When I lost a big chunk of the weight it was by limiting my carbs to like 20 or less.

Banned
    Load Metric
    Also I understand that people have certain tastes, for myself it was slightly easier because I actually lost my sweet tooth at a younger age. My diabetes was probably brought on by slamming insane amounts of pop and shit like gatorade etc. So I snapped that off by drinking more water/water with mio etc. Plus diet pop which I understand isn't that great but it's a lot better than chugging mt dews all day! Another thing I noticed was my sweet tooth transitioned into a craving for salt, so an easy transition from potato chips and shit to like pickles which have zero carbs and probably just as much salt was pretty easy. Also you're never going to slam pickles like you are going to do to a bag of frito lays.

If you have diabetes or think you might be pre-diabetic do not fuck around with juicing, at first glance you'd think it's all natural and good for you but it's actually insanely bad for diabetics. You're stripping the fruit from fiber which counterbalances the glucose. If you're diabetic you should eat fruit occasionally and always whole. It's been an easy smooth transition for me because I actually prefer eating meat with some veggies and that's huge for a diabetic. I'm not talking Hamburgers, I'm talking chicken/steak/bacon/pork etc eggs and bacon for breakfast and 1 piece of thinly sliced light jewish rye. all this shit tastes great, so you can be diabetic and still enjoy your food.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by lewfather View Post
    Also I understand that people have certain tastes, for myself it was slightly easier because I actually lost my sweet tooth at a younger age. My diabetes was probably brought on by slamming insane amounts of pop and shit like gatorade etc. So I snapped that off by drinking more water/water with mio etc. Plus diet pop which I understand isn't that great but it's a lot better than chugging mt dews all day! Another thing I noticed was my sweet tooth transitioned into a craving for salt, so an easy transition from potato chips and shit to like pickles which have zero carbs and probably just as much salt was pretty easy. Also you're never going to slam pickles like you are going to do to a bag of frito lays.

If you have diabetes or think you might be pre-diabetic do not fuck around with juicing, at first glance you'd think it's all natural and good for you but it's actually insanely bad for diabetics. You're stripping the fruit from fiber which counterbalances the glucose. If you're diabetic you should eat fruit occasionally and always whole. It's been an easy smooth transition for me because I actually prefer eating meat with some veggies and that's huge for a diabetic. I'm not talking Hamburgers, I'm talking chicken/steak/bacon/pork etc eggs and bacon for breakfast and 1 piece of thinly sliced light jewish rye. all this shit tastes great, so you can be diabetic and still enjoy your food.
    Water with Mio is the bomb. And the only time now that I have artificial sweetener is when I need a Monster for a caffeine hit.
    I actually hope this [second impeachment] succeeds, because I want Trump put down politically like a sick, 14-year-old dog. ... I don't want him complicating the 2024 primary season. I just want him done.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Were Republicans cowardly or unethical not to go along with [convicting Trump in the second impeachment Senate trial]? No. The smart move was to reject it.

Banned
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by MumblesBadly View Post

Water with Mio is the bomb. And the only time now that I have artificial sweetener is when I need a Monster for a caffeine hit.
    Actually all the low carbs have carbs and I don't like the zero cal monsters

Prolly just a personal thing but I really like rockstar zero cals zero carbs and you can rarely find it but zero carb zero cal fruit punch rockstars
    Last edited by lewfather; 01-19-2017 at 03:14 AM.

Banned
    Load Metric
    also real quick if you mix rockstar zero carb/cal and vodka you will lower your blood glucose. just be careful because you could dip into a state of Hypoglycemia. like im irish so kiss me, im shitfaced.

Load Metric
    honestly feel like a different person, dripping from alchemy.

same diet, still losing weight, pushing my workouts harder and harder. starting to incorporate yoga on top of my cardio. yall need to take heed, this shit is real. I dont even eat great, im pounding down sirloin, chicken, mexican food etc on the reg and still dropping weight.

but feeling better I am working out a lot more, every day, including more as i can without feeling awful.

literaly heads are rolling

Update? After eating anything I wanted most of my life, it's finally caught up with me. At the age of 48 and 100 lbs. overweight, I was recently diagnosed with T2 diabetes. Doctor prescribed me Metformin and Lisinopril once a day and I've started changing my diet and losing weight. There is some damn good advice ITT and I plan to follow through.

EDIT: I see he's banned so I guess I won't get an update. If any of you degenerates are friends with lewfather, maybe you can ask him how he's doing? Thanks.
    Last edited by David USF; 11-15-2018 at 10:30 AM.

Banned
    Load Metric

Quote Originally Posted by David USF View Post

same diet, still losing weight, pushing my workouts harder and harder. starting to incorporate yoga on top of my cardio. yall need to take heed, this shit is real. I dont even eat great, im pounding down sirloin, chicken, mexican food etc on the reg and still dropping weight.

but feeling better I am working out a lot more, every day, including more as i can without feeling awful.

Update? After eating anything I wanted most of my life, it's finally caught up with me. At the age of 48 and 100 lbs. overweight, I was recently diagnosed with T2 diabetes. Doctor prescribed me Metformin and Lisinopril once a day and I've started changing my diet and losing weight. There is some damn good advice ITT and I plan to follow through.

EDIT: I see he's banned so I guess I won't get an update. If any of you degenerates are friends with lewfather, maybe you can ask him how he's doing? Thanks.
    OH, WILLIE DEAR....

Load Metric

Lew says

I stuck with the diet for a long time and lost quite a bit of weight.

It's hard to completely change your diet for good even when you see the results, it's just way to easy to slip. especially around holidays

I pretty much stayed off the sugary drinks, drinking a la croix right now

Feelin' Stronger Every Day tony bagadonuts's Avatar
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuntmissioner View Post

Lew says

I stuck with the diet for a long time and lost quite a bit of weight.

It's hard to completely change your diet for good even when you see the results, it's just way to easy to slip. especially around holidays

I pretty much stayed off the sugary drinks, drinking a la croix right now
    I haven't had a drink of booze since 2/5/18, La Croix are pretty much god.

Comments

splitthis: Congrats

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Totally forgot lew had diabetes. To his credit, he has kept to his promises for the last few months, and I haven't heard from him, nor do I believe he has any dupes on the forum. I do hope he's doing okay with the diabetes.

David USF, did your body give you any warnings this was coming, or did this just get discovered out of the blue at a doctor's visit?

The LPR and H.Pylori issues have already changed a lot of my own health habits. Even if I get better, I won't return to how I was before.

Getting old is serious business.

Load Metric
    Totally forgot lew had diabetes. To his credit, he has kept to his promises for the last few months, and I haven't heard from him, nor do I believe he has any dupes on the forum. I do hope he's doing okay with the diabetes.

David USF, did your body give you any warnings this was coming, or did this just get discovered out of the blue at a doctor's visit?

The LPR and H.Pylori issues have already changed a lot of my own health habits. Even if I get better, I won't return to how I was before.

I hadn't been feeling well for months. I had headaches and upper chest aches. At first I thought I had clogged arteries or was experiencing the onset of heart failure. It pained me to walk short distances, and I was waking up in the middle of the night in almost excruciating pain. I was popping Advil like candy. The pain wasn't chronic, though. I had good days and bad days. The final straw was when I went to one of the NLDS games at Dodger Stadium last month. The long walk from my car to the ballpark was brutal. I had to stop and sit a few times for several minutes until I could regain the strength to continue. And it wasn't because I was a fat fuck. I never experienced this in previous trips to Chavez Ravine.

Fast forward to 2 weeks ago. After finally seeing the doctor and having my blood drawn, he told me my blood sugar was high, as well as high cholesterol and high blood pressure.

I'm feeling much better now and on the way to living a healthier life. I've already lost about 15 pounds and looking forward to buying smaller-sized clothes.

Serious business indeed.

Load Metric

I hadn't been feeling well for months. I had headaches and upper chest aches. At first I thought I had clogged arteries or was experiencing the onset of heart failure. It pained me to walk short distances, and I was waking up in the middle of the night in almost excruciating pain. I was popping Advil like candy. The pain wasn't chronic, though. I had good days and bad days. The final straw was when I went to one of the NLDS games at Dodger Stadium last month. The long walk from my car to the ballpark was brutal. I had to stop and sit a few times for several minutes until I could regain the strength to continue. And it wasn't because I was a fat fuck. I never experienced this in previous trips to Chavez Ravine.

Fast forward to 2 weeks ago. After finally seeing the doctor and having my blood drawn, he told me my blood sugar was high, as well as high cholesterol and high blood pressure.

I'm feeling much better now and on the way to living a healthier life. I've already lost about 15 pounds and looking forward to buying smaller-sized clothes.

Serious business indeed.
    Sounds like you're a widow maker ready to happen. Get yourself well pronto.
    https://healthblog.uofmhealth.org/wi...tack-explained

Thread Information