Quote Originally Posted by Steve-O View Post
What you're calling obvious might not be obvious; what if you were wrong and the accounts were closed for a week? You'd probably be pissed if that happened to you.
I might not always be right...especially if the cheaters aren't so obvious, and since I don't have access to my game or hand histories and can't use a site like Sharkscope. It's up to the site to collaborate my claims and all claims. If they decide that collusion or cheating is possible during the preliminary investigation, they should freeze the accounts.

There might be a scenario where the accused players were just buddies from out of town who liked to play against each other in every sit and go they played. To the accuser and the site, this might seem suspicious at first glance and the site may choose to freeze their accounts during their preliminary investigation. The site should send them each an email with questions, and they may just say they're competitive with each other and took that competitiveness online, and that they didn't share cards or soft play each other. The more thorough investigation, which includes looking at their hand histories, might determine that they were not colluding and their accounts would be unfrozen.

These players might be a little upset they had their accounts frozen, but there was a legitimate reason why it happened and they should understand that. If it happened to me, I might be upset or confused, but I would probably be understanding if the site had a valid reason to freeze my account in the first place, but they would need a solid reason.

When the freezing of one's account is necessary after a preliminary investigation of cheating, that person will most likely be found guilty. There will be exceptions, but in order to properly protect players from cheaters, a few innocent players will be inconvenienced with a frozen account from time to time. I think nearly every poker player would choose the risk of that rare inconvenience over having to play at a table with accused cheaters who haven't had their accounts frozen because the site wanted to perform a full investigation first and be 100% sure they were guilty.