Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Kohls - How are they in business?

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by PLOL View Post
    Do yourself a favor and just buy quality. http://www.frankandoak.com/. Only like a ~$10m company right now, but will be a $100m+ soon. New clothes every month and a cool subscription model. Warning: For people with a slim build. Fatasses need not apply.
    Not only fat people can't wear that shit how about people with muscular builds punk? I've seen your horrific shoes and with absolute certainty I can tell you that your self love is unjustified. Word to the wise- having a body like a plank of wood is nothing to be smug about and vanity is a real bitch once your infected with it. Good luck with all of that.
    Quote Originally Posted by sonatine
    i was pretty butt-hurt when mike said he didnt want to fuck with my home game because i was trannie-bombing threads, but ive definitely come to appreciate mike as a poster and a person and feel genuinely that the last thing on earth he deserves is a dime-store bipolar fruitcake like marty threatening him.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by 408Mike View Post
    Do yourself a favor and just buy quality. http://www.frankandoak.com/. Only like a ~$10m company right now, but will be a $100m+ soon. New clothes every month and a cool subscription model. Warning: For people with a slim build. Fatasses need not apply.
    Not only fat people can't wear that shit how about people with muscular builds punk? Vanity is a real bitch. Word to the wise- having a body like a plank of wood is nothing to be smug about. I've seen your horrific shoes and with absolute certainty I can tell you that your self love is unjustified.

Load Metric
    Not only fat people can't wear that shit how about people with muscular builds punk? I've seen your horrific shoes and with absolute certainty I can tell you that your self love is unjustified. Word to the wise- having a body like a plank of wood is nothing to be smug about and vanity is a real bitch once your infected with it. Good luck with all of that.
    Lol, calm down kiddo. I was sharing a site that has good clothes at reasonable enough prices, but warning people that it's designed for people with a slimmer build because a member of this website (who will remain nameless) ordered from them and the clothes didn't fit his build.
    TRUMP 2024!

Quote Originally Posted by verminaard View Post
    Just non-stop unrelenting LGBT propaganda being shoved down our throats.

Load Metric

Lol, calm down kiddo. I was sharing a site that has good clothes at reasonable enough prices, but warning people that it's designed for people with a slimmer build because a member of this website (who will remain nameless) ordered from them and the clothes didn't fit his build.
    You confuse me with a person incapable of interpreting semantics, how incredibly ignorant of you. It's to be expected of a vain person like yourSelf though so I am not all that surprised. Like I said, good luck with the self love thing, it's nature's all natural opiate after all.
    Quote Originally Posted by sonatine
    i was pretty butt-hurt when mike said he didnt want to fuck with my home game because i was trannie-bombing threads, but ive definitely come to appreciate mike as a poster and a person and feel genuinely that the last thing on earth he deserves is a dime-store bipolar fruitcake like marty threatening him.

Load Metric
    You confuse me with a person incapable of interpreting semantics, how incredibly ignorant of you. It's to be expected of a vain person like yourSelf though so I am not all that surprised. Like I said, good luck with the self love thing, it's nature's all natural opiate after all.
    oh jesus, mike is back to being a poor impersonation of scooter

idolizing a guy from the internet who you have never met that makes fun of you any chance you get

what a life to live

Load Metric

Please do not feed the animals. Don't reply to him again and your forum experience will be greatly enhanced.

Bronze
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve-O View Post
    I shop there all the time, and if you know how to game their system you can do quite well. Their discounts are either 15%, 20% or 30%. If you don't get the 30% coupon just tell the casheir you forgot your 30% coupon and they'll credit it for you anyway, so you should always have 30% off. + Only shop during Kohl's Cash periods where you get $10 for every $50 you spend. On Black Friday me and the wife paid $250 for close to $1,000 worth of stuff and got $75 in Kohl's cash (Kohls cash was $15 for every $50 on BF) which we used a few days later.

The reason Kohl's system works is that everything is full price, so idiots that just go in their on a whim end up paying a huge markup on their goods, AND, a lot of the people who use the coupons and Kohl's Cash don't pay off their Kohl's balance right away, so in the end it probably costs them even more than if they just paif full price. People who use the coupons and Kohl's Cash and pay off their balance every month have it made there. We go in at least once every week or so just to check out their clearance and sales.

Steve-o is right on with this. Have an acquaintance who has worked for this company for over 15 years. He said nearly every item is on "sale" at Kohls. Very few, if any items at the store will have a retail only price. The money is made through the Kohl's charge cards and volume sales.

In the 90's I did a lot of Baseball Card Shows and used the same model. Mark all the cards full book or bit above for the hot rips. Then put a sign that all single cards were 25% off. All those red sticker bitches would line up at my table for the deals of the show. People can easily be tricked by the word "Sale".

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    no way are you going to sustain a retail business based on hammering your customers w/ interest rates on an in house cc.

i don't need a marketing report, or a yahoo stock ticker to tell me what i see and feel.

and as for people playing the "kohls "get shit for great prices-clearance" game" i'm sure more do it than most of you think. and i sure more go armed to the store w/ % off tickets in hand as well..

Bronze
    Load Metric
    I went into a Kohls for the first time in my life yesterday due to this thread. All I saw was a skimmed down version of JC Penny. I bought a belt and some generic socks, that was about it. Thought the place was fucking weak.

Will not return.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by The_PHA View Post
    I went into a Kohls for the first time in my life yesterday due to this thread. All I saw was a skimmed down version of JC Penny. I bought a belt and some generic socks, that was about it. Thought the place was fucking weak.

Will not return.
    What were you expecting?

SOBCHAK SECURITY 213-799-7798

PRESIDENT JOSEPH R. BIDEN JR., THE GREAT AND POWERFUL

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by The_PHA View Post

Will not return.
    You are our sunshine. Thanks Ray

Cubic Zirconia
    Load Metric
    I try to stay away from retail stocks in general. The only one I own directly is LTD, and I like that more because you're getting a brand and retail.

Anyway, yes they kill it on the charges - and it's why they always ask you to sign up for one if you don't have one. They probably have metrics that show when you give someone 30% & a certain amount of Kohls cash, they'll make X% margin. There margins aren't bad compared to other retail, but sales growth looks weak. I see this company slowing fading like the many retail dogs in the past. Mervyn's is good example of how to go broke with this exact same model .... SHLD, JCP & KSS will slowly go bankrupt one day too. Best Buy will look like Circuit City and Good Guys soon ... but that's another story.

The going out of business sale should be nice though.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    I haven't really read the responses in this thread, but to answer the question in the title, I have just one of many reasons:

because they can charge $35 for a piece of shit belt they probably didn't pay 30 cents for, that literally falls apart between the buckle and the leather after one use. And no, it has nothing to do with 'me'.

Your body looks like shit, Mike.

Thread Information