Thread: Polker NFT Game

Load Metric

Polker NFT Game

You should be playing these NFT games.

Polker.Game
    It's the first poker NFT game.
    It's a free to play and earn NFT's game.
    It hasn't launched yet. So you can get involved early and profit.

https://polker.game

Load Metric
    So was pretty excited for polker. Sadly just seems like pumping up a token.

They were supposed to enter beta on nov 12. No evidence anyone got a beta key. All their effort seems to be going into marketing the token which they’ve been selling for quite some time. Not saying the game is a rug pull but the whole emphasis on poker seems second hand to getting in early and buying the tokenz

Load Metric
    So finally got into Polker early access today. Will update on how the experience is. They give you 5k chips free to start which would normally cost 20 bucks. Also free nft

anyone else here playing?

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by BetCheckBet View Post
    So finally got into Polker early access today. Will update on how the experience is. They give you 5k chips free to start which would normally cost 20 bucks. Also free nft

So I played for an hour and its pretty bad. Worse than I expected.

Only able to play one table at a time.

NFT are mostly for dealers (who cares). I assume they will add player ones but honestly they are pretty crappy.

Despite the appearance of low level graphics it actually pushes GPU pretty hard

Hand history is horrible. They literally use "1" for aces and no hand numbers or anyway to track the hand.

Finally. All ins are fucking up to where the winner is not getting all their money out of the pot.

All in all the software is some of the worst I have ever seen in any game.

So ya no wonder they made it hard to get in to the beta.

Oh ya and winning hand is always announced even if it didn;lt go to showdown.... It's as if the programmers never played poker
    Last edited by BetCheckBet; 03-23-2022 at 04:50 PM.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Why is it called Polker?

I had assumed Doug Polk was involved, but apparently not.

Look at the huge team they supposedly have: https://polker.game/about-us/

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Why is it called Polker?

So money to be made or a scam? Your opinion?

Load Metric

So I played for an hour and its pretty bad. Worse than I expected.

Only able to play one table at a time.

NFT are mostly for dealers (who cares). I assume they will add player ones but honestly they are pretty crappy.

Despite the appearance of low level graphics it actually pushes GPU pretty hard

Hand history is horrible. They literally use "1" for aces and no hand numbers or anyway to track the hand.

Finally. All ins are fucking up to where the winner is not getting all their money out of the pot.

All in all the software is some of the worst I have ever seen in any game.

So ya no wonder they made it hard to get in to the beta.

Oh ya and winning hand is always announced even if it didn;lt go to showdown.... It's as if the programmers never played poker

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Why is it called Polker?

Ya I was pretty blown away by how terrible is. But I'm optimistic it can bring in some new fish. But with the amount of bugs present I can only imagine how people will exploit stuff.

As always the telegram channel is all full of early investors who bought the currency early and out of their own greed just talk how amazing the project is. They use their own currency and in a sense as with most crypto projects there is a major pump factor here.

I'll try and post some screenshots.

Also really hard to get a game as super small player base. Oh ya and the interface is terrible at every level. They use unreal engine so their interface does not resemble a real online poker room at all when selecting tables. No autofocus or alarm either so you can;t do anything else while playing or you will miss your turn (you have about 5 secs to play) Again like someone with no knowledge of poker coded this thing.
    Last edited by BetCheckBet; 03-24-2022 at 05:24 AM.

Load Metric
    I'll be honest the most recent podcast is not giving me a lot of confidence. I was waiting to see DJchaps zoom in. This is what living paycheck to paycheck looks like.

Load Metric
    Doug Polk should buy it and change his last name to Polker.

Load Metric
    Just a heads up where things stand. They are constantly making changes and improvements but the software still very shorty and a long way to go. Apparently they have 1500 beta testers now but rarely more than 10 people on at a time. Just a single table running.

Worst thing about it is the game is not really about winning chips but more so grinding out games to get experience to earn nfts. And of course they charge for passes to let you grind out faster. It’s sounds horrible honestly and can’t imagine continuing to play this.

I did get one of the 500 beta nfts so if this ever blows up maybe they will be worth something. But ya pretty big disappointment but not surprised given their botched launches in the fall of 2021.

Oh ya and to get experience you have to show winning hand with higher ranked hands showing more experience. So optimal grinding is sitting down with someone and checking every street since winning chips means nothing. You just want to go to showdown and show 4 of a kind.
    Last edited by BetCheckBet; 04-04-2022 at 05:58 AM.

Load Metric
    So I figured I'd give an update.

Haven;t touched the game in the last two weeks or so. But I do follow the telegram channel nearly daily.

Main reasons I don;t play the game.

1. It's not actually gambling. The play chips are worth nothing. Basically the aim of the game is to grind by showing down hands and you get experience to buy nfts. Optimal strategy is checking down every street on every hand to build up experience. There is no incentive to bet. The fact they thought this was a viable model tells you how incompetent they area.

2. Horrible software and servers crash every 10 mins locking up tables.

3. Pretty sure this is a pump and dump and the staff that remains are useless and oblivious. It's clear back in October probably the main players abandoned ship and sold all their PKR coin. Just look at the graph below. It's lost over 90 percent of its value since it's original launch date.

Name:  polker.png
Views: 155
Size:  77.9 KB

anyways I'll continue to follow the telegram channel. You have the normal "this is best game ever" comments from people who obviously bought PKR coin and are hoping to recoup their loses and refuse to say anything negative to hurt PKR rep. But you do have several people on a daily basis calling out how incompetent they are.

I'm told I will eventually get my Beta NFT once they do a full launch (I have it in account but can't withdraw it). At this point I'm skeptical that this will ever happen.

Load Metric
    So this thing isn’t going anywhere for the next three months. They should fire whoever they hired for developing software cause it’s horrible.

Anywyas here is their unofficial update

[ File : image_2022-04-24_16-53-17.png ]
    ♣️♥️♠️♦️ POLKERCREW ♦️♠️♥️♣️

In the interest of being transparent and based on your feedback of our roadmap, we would like to publish our internal roadmap for our development team for the rest of Quarter 2 🎯🎯

From now until the end of April ➡️➡️
    We are stabilizing current build by including WebSocket and refactoring the backend with updated UI implementation from all of your excellent Zendesk tickets

May Week 1 ➡️➡️
    Analyzing tickets from Early Access Players and prepare STT & Play 2 Earn Model.

May Week 2 ➡️➡️
    Fix tickets that are UI related, game logic, build bugs, begin to implement UIs for STT and P2E, develop backend coding for STT and P2E

May Week 3 & 4 ➡️➡️
    Finish UI implementation of the STT & P2E, process through QA testing before launch and release an update feature

June Week 1 ➡️➡️
    Analyzing tickets from Early Access Players and prepare MTT implementation

June Week 2 ➡️➡️
    Fix tickets that are UI related, game logic, and any previous update bugs for stabilizing STT & P2E.

June Week 3 & 4 ➡️➡️
    Finish UI implement

Load Metric
    So Polker goes into "full launch" tomorrow meaning anyone can play it.

I've followed telegram channel for the past year, albeit limited given what a horrible project it is. I have zero money invested and only own a beta NFT (which we still don't have access to despite of promises over the last several months)

I can't begin to tell you how incompetent this team is. And it absolutely ridiculous they've been given tens of millions of dollars by investors.

There is a chance that PKR coin might bump with its release. It's current at .003 (yes a third of a cent) from its high of 55 cents. That's a loss of overall 99% yet it keeps running and taking in investments from fools.

https://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/polker/

Despite a possible jump I would not suggest any long term investments for the following reasons.

The team is extremely incompetent.

It's being lead by Hector Mayorga and Connor Thacker.

Hector Mayorga clearly has no idea what he is doing and has zero experience with poker. In fact the entire team has basically no experience with poker. They just wanted to create a "play to earn" crypto game and poker was the easiest thing to code (although horribly difficult for them).

Connor Thacker was a scuba instructor until a few years ago. He's spent tens of thousands having him and his team travel around the world to promote this without really creating anything of value.

Jesse Paul: lead programmer who seems to have little to no experience in game design. Team just using basics from unreal engine 5 to create a shitty poker game.

Michelle brady and Tanya Badere are in charge of social media and have also been integral in promoting this crap. FYI thousands of bots are involved in boosting all their major social media sites. This is why they have so many followers by zero engagement. And when they do have engagement its very obvious bot accounts that were created by the developers (in some cases bots are posting screenshots of alpha footage never made public so it's clear developers are running them).

Finally, the poker game is one of the worst I've ever seen. Imagine playing 1 table ring game poker with rakeback in playmoney. Yes the whole play to earn concept is basically grinding out rake in play money to forge keys to eventually get NFTs which are useless. Chips are worth NOTHING. Nearly all of the playtesters have quit because you would have to pay us to play such a terrible game.

Oh ya and their server is shit. They did a stress test with about 12 players....

Only reason I follow is to see what happens to the major players above when it is revealed how they wasted investors money.

Thread Information