Thread: Setting up a private cash game on a free poker app

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by sah_24 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Daly View Post

Of course it “can” work. You just need a pool of 12-20 local people who like to play cards for a few hours each night who have $500-$1000 of cash and OSA would need to have the trust of these people not to fuck them over.

What usually happens is you end up with a pool of players who pay up front (the pros) and a group of folks you want in the game as they are action (the fish) and get others to play but are good credit risks. OSA would need to help finance that part of it. Sometimes the pros are on credit and the fish pay up front but more often than not it’s the way I first described.

Despite some of the bad publicity on this board this model does work and there are folks who are making money both as agents and players.
    There are more who have been scammed ... this model is for idiots

Find me someone who has been scammed and I’d be willing to bet they were playing for “real” money with people who lived outside of the local area.

If OSA from New York wanted me to play in a club that ran a 2-5-10 PLO game with people from around the world it would be a hard pass.

I know of three local clubs within my area that run like clockwork. No giganic games (ok one of them plays big) and I personally know the name and all the people they run with. Once every few weeks you hear a story about someone not being able to cover a 1-2K tab and they take a break. The agent pays everyone out with the rake that’s been collected and he has to track it down over time. The offending player turns up in another club or at one of the local card rooms everybody in the community knows within a day.

It’s really a lot like the local sports betting shops in many respects. It all comes down to the people involved like most other things in life.
    Last edited by Daly; 04-19-2020 at 07:35 PM.

Thread Information