I stayed at the Marriott a couple weeks ago in Chicago, it was on Michigan Avenue. I stayed there because I wanted walking distance to a couple restaurants, most notably Joes where I get Alaskan King Crab and Oysters. Also Banderas.

Anyway, I was at the Marriott and I got really shitfaced the evening I was there. We are talking wine, martinis and yes some ports. Anyway, around 1am I woke up to take a leak and began freaking out. My room was small, like really small and I suddenly got claustrophobic. I put on sweats and literally was pounding the fucking down button on the elevator. For a brief moment I thought the elevator was stalled and began freaking out, but I started going down.

As soon as the doors opened I sprinted outside gasping for air like I could not breathe. I got my composure, it was 1am and I began walking Michigan Avenue. I absolutely could not believe how packed the street was. It was like it was noon even though it was 1am. Granted, I just crossed the 40 year old threshold but still, I felt old seeing all the 20 somethings running around. I could not believe how packed it was at 1am, I know I just said that, this is called nostalgia.

I stopped for a shot after an hour of walking in a really loud bar, everyone was under 25. I finally got back to the hotel around 2:30am. I finally got back to sleep around 5am, but it sucked because I needed to be up at 7am so I felt miserable. So I got breakfast downstairs and got a nuclear shit attack and sprinted to the elevator. Naturally it took like 5 minutes to get up to my room. I left a nice air biscuit for the next guest on the way down whoever it was. I wish I had stayed in a Hampton in the suburbs awaiting the elevator each time, those are like 2 or three floors max.