Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
https://twitter.com/ToddWitteles/status/1658669149055496195

At about 2pm, I abruptly decided to fire on the night's Dodgers game. Not fire a bet, but fire on tickets.

I brought up Stubhub, and immediately spied front row loge (2nd level) seats between home and 1B for $58 each (after fees). Obviously insane value there, so I grabbed it. They did get me for $51 for preferred parking, because the general parking can stick you in an awful lot which can take hours to get out of.

Took Benjamin, and we were all set to see Kershaw dominate again, and for the Twins to lose to the Dodgers for the 12th time in a row (not kidding).

Except Kershaw's mom just died, his head wasn't in the game, and from the first pitch, he was just off. Dodgers bats were dead, and they went down 5-1.

It was only 3-1 in the 8th when they loaded the bases with 2 outs, so that was exciting, but Chris Taylor flew out as a pinch hitter to end it.

Will Smith was resting. Lineup looked REALLY thin, with Heyward batting 3rd (what??), and the 6th-9th spots of Outman (now slumping badly), Peralta, Rojas, and Barnes. Ouch. And we were facing Bailey Ober, who is having a huge year.

No idea why they didn't pinch hit with Smith instead of Taylor in the 8th.

They really need Smith in the lineup every day. They can't sit him. Let him DH if he needs a break from catching, and sit Martinez on those days. Smith is having a career year with the bat so far.

Oh well.. was fun anyway, and Ben enjoyed it. He always gets so excited when I surprise him with tickets I bought.
If you followed my YRFI in stupidity wagering - tickets woulda been paid for by Kershaw.

As I pointed out he’s a sweet kid but not Scherzer. Bad spot for Kershaw.

I couldn’t help but notice the nearly empty stadium late in the game when they were only down 3-1. Looked like Oakland on tv. When did you leave?

You’ll know your little boy is growing up when the cynicism about the Dodgers sets in.

We are supposed to take Minny F5 today but I haven’t done it yet.