Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: *** Official Dreams You Had Thread

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by SrslySirius View Post

Being aware of the usual signs is helpful, but you'll still just shrug them off most of the time. You rarely stop to question those things when you're dreaming, just like you never question reality when awake. The only way to reliably notice is to make a frequent habit of checking. That means doing it even when awake.

The reality check that worked best for me was pinching my nose and seeing if I could still breath. If you do that multiple times a day out of habit, then eventually you'll do it while dreaming and realize you're asleep.

That's the easy part. You can briefly become lucid every single night. The hard part, for me at least, is hanging on to the dream. I usually wake up shortly after realizing.
    Makes sense about the waking up part. I have realized I was dreaming in the past, and immediately woke up almost every time. Usually this happens when I reason something out as being impossible, or destroy the premise/backstory of my dream by really thinking about it.

When I was a kid, I had a frustrating dream where I did realize I was dreaming, yet was "stuck" in the dream and could not wake up. I kept straining to wake up, and it didn't occur. I was actually in kind of a panic about it. Once I knew it was a dream, I didn't want to be there anymore. Nothing bad was happening in the dream. I was at some unfamiliar house in some unfamiliar yard, but there was nothing otherwise stressful or traumatic. But I couldn't get out of it, and I was seemingly stuck there for hours (I actually wasn't, but it felt that way).

Given that experience, I don't think I would want to lucid dream. I would probably find it more stressful knowing that I was trapped in a fake reality than I would find it enjoyable that I could basically do whatever I wanted with no consequence. Also, I'm afraid some of the fun of creating "good" scenarios would disappear if you knew they were fake. When I would dream of playing on the Dodgers or Lakers, it was only fun because I thought I was playing on the real teams in front of a real crowd. When I am flapping my arms and flying over some kind of beautiful landscape or out in space, it's only fun because I think I'm really seeing these things. If I know I'm just imagining it, it might not be that interesting.

I think the biggest application of lucid dreaming is sexual. If you could envision a lifelike sexual encounter with a fantasy girl, that could be fun, even if you knew it wasn't real.
    The problem with lucid dreaming is that I can't turn if off.

Load Metric
    I have a recurring dream where I'm just walking somewhere, it could be in the town I live now or the town where I grew up but I always recognize the surroundings, & I'll start running or jogging. My stride will just keep getting longer & longer to the point where I'm basically jumping 50+ feet in a step like there's no gravity & I'm on a trampoline. I'll always think about what fun this is & why nobody is around to witness this because it's almost as if I'm flying & that would be incredible.

Every time I have this dream it is always the best sleep I ever had & wake up totally refreshed & I'll be in a great mood all day. I wish I could have it every night.

True story.
    (•_•) ..
    ∫\ \___( •_•)
    _∫∫ _∫∫ɯ \ \

Quote Originally Posted by Hockey Guy
    I'd say good luck in the freeroll but I'm pretty sure you'll go on a bender to self-sabotage yourself & miss it completely or use it as the excuse of why you didn't cash.

Load Metric
    Double post retraction.
    (•_•) ..
    ∫\ \___( •_•)
    _∫∫ _∫∫ɯ \ \

Quote Originally Posted by Hockey Guy
    I'd say good luck in the freeroll but I'm pretty sure you'll go on a bender to self-sabotage yourself & miss it completely or use it as the excuse of why you didn't cash.

Banned
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by 4Dragons View Post
    Closing my eyes always does the trick. I've escaped a lot of nightmares that way.

Comments

limitles: 686 reputation lol not no more closet fag

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Closing my eyes always does the trick. I've escaped a lot of nightmares that way.
    A common method of those subjected to familial rape, re Daddy, which has skewed both the sexual and mental life of the victim for time immemori

You a dumbass hillbilly who got not brain. If you don't get it, forget it.

Comments

SrslySirius: lolwut

sonatine: FUCK HIM UP LES, NO PRISONERS
    Last edited by limitles; 04-25-2015 at 10:11 PM. Reason: v v

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Thas right, for every ignorant post you make you get a greeny. Enjoy retardoboy

Comments

sonatine: PUTTING tHE MAN IN HIS PLACE

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Don't think for a moment I don't realize the timing of the "Dream thread" and Black Man Avatar evolution.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    BUMP

I'll revive this thread with one I had today.

It was a long dream which started out mostly mundane. I was hanging around with some much younger guy and his friend, both of whom had a criminal past. I knew him through his sister -- a person who I supposedly knew well while in the dream, but didn't exist in reality.
    (In fact, everyone in this dream didn't exist in real life.) After some time with him, somehow I took a liking to the guy and felt he wasn't that bad, after all.

After some more time passed, the dude showed his true colors and talked about robbing a store run by some guy he hated, and he told some story about how the owner screwed him over at some point. So this was basically a revenge robbery. I was invited to come along for it, just as an observer, which somehow I considered doing.

I then had some weird flash forward where I could see the future where this store owner would end up getting shot dead that same day, and this delinquent I was hanging out with was the prime suspect because he was seen in the store that day.

I was about to object to being part of this because murder was apparently where Dream Todd would draw the line, but I noticed that my new criminal friend was only carrying a knife with him, and not a gun. I asked if he was bringing a gun, and he said no, a knife would be good enough for the robbery, and he wasn't going to bring a gun at all. He showed me he had no gun, as did the other guy, so I figured this premonition was wrong, as the owner had been shot to death in that future vision of mine.

So I went along for this robbery. For whatever reason, I had no problem being there, as long as it didn't escalate further.

We went into the store, and it turned out to be some kind of antique type place. The owner was in the back, and nobody else was in the place. My criminal friend started up picking up things in the store which interested him, and said that he'd actually be fine just burglarizing the place, if the owner was going to never come up front. However, he picked up an antique gun, and remarked how he was surprised it was loaded. Uh oh!

Before I could say anything, the owner walked out. My buddy pointed the gun at him and said, "Hi! I'm here to take everything you've got", and finished gathering up the stuff he was stealing. On the way out, I heard a gun fire, and the dude shot the store owner dead, even though the guy was not attempting to stop him.

He said, "I don't want any witnesses."

We then walked out, and I couldn't believe what I had just been part of.

It then dawned on me that I would be considered an accessory to murder, even though I didn't actually do anything while along with them, nor did I believe he was going to kill the guy.

I was both horrified as to what just happened, as well as conceding to myself that it would be easy to identify all of us through surveillance at the mini-mall where the store was located, and I was pretty sure I was going to prison for many years, perhaps the rest of my life, given my age.

I started thinking about how I might not see my son again, except when he'd visit me in prison. I wondered to myself why I was so stupid to knowingly visit a store with these guys who told me they were going to rob it.

Then I woke up.

It took me about a minute to realize and assure myself that none of this actually happened, and I wasn't going to prison.

FIN

Load Metric
    I know I shouldnt post this here, but atleast twice in my life I had a dream that Druff and I were hanging out as we have done in real life. It was NOT sexual, weird or poker related, we were just meeting up as we have done in the past.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by desertrunner View Post
    I know I shouldnt post this here, but atleast twice in my life I had a dream that Druff and I were hanging out as we have done in real life. It was NOT sexual, weird or poker related, we were just meeting up as we have done in the past.
    Boring dream

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by desertrunner View Post
    Boring dream
    I know, sorry, I will try and dream better in the future.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    I will be getting another colonoscopy in a few weeks, being only the third time in my life I'm put under for a medical procedure. This will be the second on propofol, as the first time was 3 years ago when I had my first colonoscopy.

Others on propofol have called it "relaxing", "the best short sleep I ever had", and some even reported dreaming.

I did not have any of those experiences.

My propofol experience involved the most "unconscious" version of sleep I've ever had. No dreams. I just wasn't there. I woke up feeling I had just been awakened from the dead, but somehow (correctly) felt I had been sleeping for an hour. I could think clearly upon being awakened, but I couldn't speak very well, having a difficult time getting words out to the doctor.

I've had what seems to be dreamless sleep many times, of course, but never as black and empty like my time on propofol. It was actually kind of creepy. I was also dizzy when I tried to walk afterwards, and I spend most of the day sleeping.

I guess it did its job, though, as I stayed asleep during the entire procedure.

Thread Information