Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: *** Official Dreams You Had Thread

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

*** Official Dreams You Had Thread

So I was @ Foxwoods the past few days and after a long couple of days of walking around that place for about 8 miles I hit up the hot tub and pool to relax. I went back to my room and tried to play some poker but I was just too tired to play and I fell right asleep.

I had 2 dreams that I remember. The first one I was in like a gym or something and these bad guys kidnapped 2 girls and I turned into like a super hero or something because I was flying. I somehow got on their tail about 4 miles from where the encounter took place and I was flying up and down from like 50 feet up to 1 foot off the ground and I could control where I was flying. It felt so real and I am pretty sure I have had this type of dream before where I can fly and can control where I am going etc..

Then I woke up and was debating on getting out of bed and starting to pack to head home and I fell back asleep for another hour. I had this dream that I was moving into an older house that was haunted. And I kept telling myself that there is no such thing as haunted houses. Then as the dream was ending my lease was up at this house. The landlord who was an old dude and his 50ish year old son came to pick up the keys and see me out. The guys son asked me how my stay was and he didn't believe me when I told him nothing weird had happened. So in my mind everything was cool and I went back upstairs to grab a few things. All of a sudden I felt my feet ripped from below me and I was being forcefully levitated by something. It was so fucking scary in my head and I thought I was going to die but I didn't panic. I told myself this is only a dream and all I had to do was wakeup and I would get back on my feet and then all of sudden I fell down to my feet and I woke up.

I know I have flown in dreams before and I have had many instances of falling long distances and it "feels" really real but the levitating was fucked up.

/thread

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    I guess last night I was raving about a 64 LB large mouth bass I caught laughing hysterically

Banned
    Load Metric
    I used to be very interested in lucid dreaming. It seemed like the ultimate form of entertainment, like virtual reality. Complete control of your environment, give yourself superpowers and go on crazy adventures.

It's really hard to do though. I've only managed to pull it off a handful of times.

Silver
    Load Metric
    I always remember my dreams when I'm shattered from work and haven't drunk.

Unfortunately when I'm drunk I talk in my sleep apparently.

And I, like most of us, have got some stories that would fuck up out social life permanently. Hope they never come out.

I've also been called my g/f's ex husband name twice during sex , strangely find that a turn on.......
    cmoney :It would be nice if Mexico could simply get human feces out of its drinking water

Load Metric
    LOL

Read this post last night, few minutes turned on the radio and there is a dream interpreter being interviewed and hes talking about flying dreams.

Got my attention.

He says flying dreams are a sense of freedom. You are free from your responsibilities. He also says flying dreams are very positive.
    Save a Cow - Eat a Vegetarian, they're grass-fed.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Yeah I've had lucid flying dreams before and they were immense.

IMO dreams are like a different form of reality, some people say it's just the subconscious taking adump but I think there's more to it than that.

For the past year or so I keep having dreams involving people I used to be friends with. Some close friends who I fell out with and no longer speak to, but other people from my high school days who were more like associates. The same people keep recurring in different scenarios in these dreams, it's weird, I think it's trying to tell me something about a time in my past that I miss. Perhaps the freedom of youth and the burden of responsibility that comes with being an adult is just so overwhelming it manifests in dream state.

Comments

sonatine: lol at your friends dumping you

big dick: .

Load Metric
    Sounds like good dreams and lucid dreaming would be great. Just this week a study was published by some doctors about the importance of getting enough sleep.
    The reason all workers deserve a living wage is because all workers need to be alive. Not very complex.

Load Metric

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by RegGaymer View Post
    Yeah I've had lucid flying dreams before and they were immense.

IMO dreams are like a different form of reality, some people say it's just the subconscious taking adump but I think there's more to it than that.

For the past year or so I keep having dreams involving people I used to be friends with. Some close friends who I fell out with and no longer speak to, but other people from my high school days who were more like associates. The same people keep recurring in different scenarios in these dreams, it's weird, I think it's trying to tell me something about a time in my past that I miss. Perhaps the freedom of youth and the burden of responsibility that comes with being an adult is just so overwhelming it manifests in dream state.

so the saddest and angriest weirdo on the site dreams of having friends. shock of shocks.
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Yet again you fail to stay on topic while providing nothing to the discussion.

I have people that I hang out with irl. whereas I'm sure your only 'friends' are of the cyber form - and even they are growing to dislike you.

Comments

SrslySirius: OH SNAP GET EM

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    The girl of sonatine's dreams:

Comments

SrslySirius: PWNED!!! XD (☞゚ヮ゚)☞

herbertstemple: LOL, good one.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    A number of people have attempted lucid dreaming. That is, knowing that you're dreaming as it happens, thereby giving you conscious control of the dream world, allowing you to create a pleasant fantasy-world for yourself (as opposed to a nightmare).

As one who has a lot of dreams — much more often bad than good — I have been interested in this subject.

The most commonly-accepted way of achieving lucid dreaming is looking for “dream signs”. That is, you train yourself to look for specific signs that you're dreaming. I looked recently at a list of common dream signs, and it's amazing how many actually apply to my dreams:

Falling – Falling a long distance, usually far enough that should cause injury or death. However, you emerge unscathed. Definitely had this one.

Flying – Ability to fly. I have had this one, and in fact can almost always fly if I think about doing it. Often I don't think about doing it, so flying isn't usually part of my dreams. When I do fly, I can usually only do so for short distances before losing altitude and the ability to fly altogether.

Inability to move one's arms and/or legs, especially running – Definitely. I think we've all had this, especially when running away from danger.

Dream taking place in a movie, book or video game – Not common, but I've had it. I've never been part of a video game, but I have occasionally been part of an action-type movie. In these situations, the movie plays out like the plot is occurring in real life.

Suddenly part of a professional sports team or television program – Yes, I've had this one. I've played for both the Lakers and the Dodgers in my dreams. Interestingly enough, these dreams are more realistic than I'd want them to be. Rather than casting myself as a star player, I'm a reserve-type role player, and in fact am thrilled to simply get an assist or scratch out a single. Same goes for being part of a TV show cast. I'm usually a very minor character, but again am thrilled to have any part at all. Often when I get these jobs, I have a hard time finding the player's entrance at the stadium or getting to where I need to be on time.

Clock faces, directional signs, books, etc., being unintelligible – I don't look at details like this too often in my dreams, but I have seen this phenomenon before when I do.

Attempt to drive results in extreme difficulty in controlling the car, usually causing damage to the vehicle – YES. When I drive in my dreams, I almost always end up in some sort of accident, though often I hit-and-run. (Usually I don't injure anyone — just damage property.)

Light switches do not work properly, if at all – YES. Every time I flip a light switch, it usually doesn't work and the room remains dark. Sometimes a dim light will come on, but it's very rare for the room to light up as expected.

Gravity appearing to be stronger or weaker – Always either normal or weaker. Sometimes I can jump long distances or to ridiculous heights.

Being attacked/chased by a monster – Common as a kid, rare now. Usually the villain in my violent dreams is a human being trying to hurt or kill me.

Being in a familiar area that doesn't have the same layout as it does in the real world – Yes. For example, houses I've been in before have extra rooms, stadiums are far bigger and have nonsensical dimensions, and familiar buildings have extra rooms or are difficult to navigate through.

Having sex – I don't know how this is a dream sign unless you never have it in real life. Regardless, I almost never have sex in my dreams. In the rare case that sex seems like it's about to happen, I either wake up or something occurs to ruin it.

Familiar sights, such as the faces of others, or of one's own face in a mirror, appearing distorted – Yes. My image in a mirror always looks distorted, and familiar people sometimes look different.

Interacting with friends, relatives or family pets that are deceased in reality – Definitely. Most commonly, I have had many dreams featuring my dog who died in 2001. When I see her, I realize that she's dead, but come up with some sort of rationalization why it makes sense to still be seeing her. In one of my most emotional dreams ever, I got a phone call from beyond the grave from my grandmother who died in 1973 (when I was 1). I started off the call with, “I've always really wanted to talk to you”, and the conversation went on for two minutes before I woke up and felt unusually strong emotions as if I really had just had the conversation.

Being naked in public, and being the only one who seems to notice – Who hasn't had this?

Being impervious to injury (i.e. feeling no pain), especially of the lethal variety (for example, being unharmed by an explosion or a gunshot) – Definitely. I have been seriously injured so many times in dreams — sometimes to the point of blood and gore being everywhere and visible injury on my body. However, I feel no pain and never die.

Returning to work at an old job – One of the more common recurring dreams I have since becoming a pro poker player. Usually I am visiting my old job for flimsy reasons (“I'm in the area anyway”), and end up finding myself back at work there. Often the conditions are crappy and I want to quit (even realizing I don't need the money) but am somehow afraid to. In a few instances, I take a new job, but the timeframe of the dream seems to immediately follow leaving my old one 5 years ago, rather than returning to work after a long time.

Returning to school long after graduation – My most common recurring dream. I had one last night, in fact. It's almost always high school, and it is almost always set in the present, meaning I'm a 43-year-old high school student! Even weirder is the fact that most of my classmates are the same people I went to high school with, and they're also my age. The plot of the dream always involves some really weak reason why I have to return to school (usually my mom gets a letter informing her that I was missing some credits and need to make them up, 25 years later), and then frustration ensues as I either can't find my classes, keep repeatedly missing a class and realize I'm going to fail, or I put off huge assignments until the last minute, ultimately failing to get them turned in on time. These dreams usually end when I rationalize that I have an advanced college degree and there's no possible way I could still need to complete high school courses. I'm almost always back living at home with my parents in these dreams, and they seemingly go on for many hours, often appearing to take place over many days or weeks at once.

Losing the ability to scream or speak – Happens to me often when I am in some kind of danger.

How many of these do you guys have? I still usually can't recognize these WHILE I'm dreaming, and when I do, I usually wake up right away and can't take advantage of them. It would be pretty sweet to have a dream and completely be able to control the outcome, including when it ends.

The above is a recycled NWP post from April 2008

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    I am humbly requesting PFA’s assistance in analyzing the following dream that I had yesterday:

I was in some sort of large helicopter on a sightseeing tour of the Santa Barbara area. There were 14 other people in the copter with me. Apparently this part of the tour involved a low-level sky dive from the copter. Having never done it before, I was nervous, but I was up first. I put on the pack, and was about ready to jump. I delayed the jump when I couldn’t figure out what to do with my glasses. Do I wear them? Hold them? Leave them in the copter? Finally, the guy next to me, who I had befriended during the tour, grabbed them, put them in their case, and threw them out. “You’ll land close to where they are,” he said. “Now jump.” I asked, “Are you sure the chute will really open by itself?” He replied, “Yes, it’s totally safe. Now jump.”

However, in all of my stalling, we were no longer over the safe stretch of ground where we were supposed to jump. I asked if I should jump anyway, and the tour operator/pilot told me it was no longer safe. He said he’d turn around the copter and get us back to the right spot. In his attempt to turn around, the helicopter turned downward at an almost 90 degree angle. My friend got nervous, but I told him that I was sure the pilot knew what he was doing. Finally, the copter straightened out, and we were passing over a beach.

“Jump already,” the pilot said.

“What?! I’m not jumping here. I could land in the water,” I replied.

“You don’t understand,” he answered. “The helicopter suffered substantial damage to the motor when I turned around. I’m not sure what happened, but we may not be able to make a safe landing. Everyone is going to have to jump as soon as possible. You’re in front, so you go first. So jump!”

I jumped out. I drifted away from the beach and into some field. I landed right in front of some weird horse-drawn wagon, but I rolled right in front of the wheels and it barely missed me. I was safe.

I looked up in the sky to see the copter losing control. It headed straight for the nearby hillside, crashed, and exploded violently, clearly killing everyone else aboard.

Just when I was trying to get a grip on what had just happened (remember, I thought this was all real), the house on top of the hill exploded in similar fashion. Then the house next to it exploded. Then about 3 other houses blew up. Then a bunch of houses on the other side of me exploded. There were so many explosions that a wave of hot air and debris moved across the field and were headed for me. I dove onto the ground, it passed over me, and everything got quiet. I stood up and found a house that hadn’t blown up. They had the TV on, showing things blowing up all over California — including cars on the road. The cause was unknown, though a massive terrorist plot was suspected.

I suddenly had the worry that my girlfriend and/or my family might have been hurt or killed. I called them all on my cell phone and reached everyone but my parents. About a minute later, my parents showed up in person and I felt relieved. A guy ran up to us and told my parents, “You should feel really fortunate that he’s okay. I heard he was the only one to walk away from a helicopter crash where 14 people died.”

My father said to me, “Remember when you were complaining about your bad luck in poker recently? Looks like you finally got some luck when it really mattered.”

The dream ended here.

Recycled post from February 2007

Load Metric
    I have a lot of dreams that are movie length long occasionally waking up and then back to sleep pick up where it left off. They are bizarre plots scifi-ish or horror in nature for the most part. My best dream times are morning hours.

I do dream of those that have passed. I am a believer in its a way to communicate with the dead. Have seen and conversed with dad and grandma. I have felt my moms presence but never seen or spoke with her. Never dreamed of my grandfather.

have had dreams having sex and achieved real orgasms that woke me with spasms. That shits intense.

Comments

4Dragons: lucky

also yikes: also after reading those 5 terrible reviews i would like to take this
    Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.

Ronald Reagan

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    I am humbly requesting PFA’s assistance in analyzing the following dream that I had yesterday:
    Simple fear of success / failure. You think that something that you would do could harm everyone around you, so you prevent yourself from doing it, even though the obstacles preventing you from doing it are most likely trivial.

Diamond Pro Zap_the_Fractions_Giraffe's Avatar
    Load Metric
    I had a dream I had sex with John Popper, and when I woke up there was a harmonica under my pillow!

Comments

Corrigan: wiz

Banned
    Load Metric
    The most commonly-accepted way of achieving lucid dreaming is looking for “dream signs”. That is, you train yourself to look for specific signs that you're dreaming.
    Being aware of the usual signs is helpful, but you'll still just shrug them off most of the time. You rarely stop to question those things when you're dreaming, just like you never question reality when awake. The only way to reliably notice is to make a frequent habit of checking. That means doing it even when awake.

The reality check that worked best for me was pinching my nose and seeing if I could still breath. If you do that multiple times a day out of habit, then eventually you'll do it while dreaming and realize you're asleep.

That's the easy part. You can briefly become lucid every single night. The hard part, for me at least, is hanging on to the dream. I usually wake up shortly after realizing.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by splitthis View Post
    I have a lot of dreams that are movie length long occasionally waking up and then back to sleep pick up where it left off. They are bizarre plots scifi-ish or horror in nature for the most part. My best dream times are morning hours.

I do dream of those that have passed. I am a believer in its a way to communicate with the dead. Have seen and conversed with dad and grandma. I have felt my moms presence but never seen or spoke with her. Never dreamed of my grandfather.

have had dreams having sex and achieved real orgasms that woke me with spasms. That shits intense.
    I was prescribed a medication to tone down my intelligence, so to speak, and it worked because I have forgotten the name of it but my dreams were like none I'd had to that point. To cut it short, the experience seemed very real. No matter how bizarre the dream was it became truly lifelike. As was said earlier, I was able to wake up, go back to sleep and continue with the same dream which was completely new to me. For the most part the dreams were positive but I did have one at least where I woke up because I was punching back at something and actually hit the wall next to my bed.
    Can't remember the medication, but that is likely due to the wishes of the spacecraft people.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by SrslySirius View Post
    The most commonly-accepted way of achieving lucid dreaming is looking for “dream signs”. That is, you train yourself to look for specific signs that you're dreaming.
    Being aware of the usual signs is helpful, but you'll still just shrug them off most of the time. You rarely stop to question those things when you're dreaming, just like you never question reality when awake. The only way to reliably notice is to make a frequent habit of checking. That means doing it even when awake.

The reality check that worked best for me was pinching my nose and seeing if I could still breath. If you do that multiple times a day out of habit, then eventually you'll do it while dreaming and realize you're asleep.

That's the easy part. You can briefly become lucid every single night. The hard part, for me at least, is hanging on to the dream. I usually wake up shortly after realizing.
    Makes sense about the waking up part. I have realized I was dreaming in the past, and immediately woke up almost every time. Usually this happens when I reason something out as being impossible, or destroy the premise/backstory of my dream by really thinking about it.

When I was a kid, I had a frustrating dream where I did realize I was dreaming, yet was "stuck" in the dream and could not wake up. I kept straining to wake up, and it didn't occur. I was actually in kind of a panic about it. Once I knew it was a dream, I didn't want to be there anymore. Nothing bad was happening in the dream. I was at some unfamiliar house in some unfamiliar yard, but there was nothing otherwise stressful or traumatic. But I couldn't get out of it, and I was seemingly stuck there for hours (I actually wasn't, but it felt that way).

Given that experience, I don't think I would want to lucid dream. I would probably find it more stressful knowing that I was trapped in a fake reality than I would find it enjoyable that I could basically do whatever I wanted with no consequence. Also, I'm afraid some of the fun of creating "good" scenarios would disappear if you knew they were fake. When I would dream of playing on the Dodgers or Lakers, it was only fun because I thought I was playing on the real teams in front of a real crowd. When I am flapping my arms and flying over some kind of beautiful landscape or out in space, it's only fun because I think I'm really seeing these things. If I know I'm just imagining it, it might not be that interesting.

I think the biggest application of lucid dreaming is sexual. If you could envision a lifelike sexual encounter with a fantasy girl, that could be fun, even if you knew it wasn't real.

Thread Information