Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Getting Arrested for DUI and Resisting Arrest in Oregon (Official Trip Report)

Banned
    Load Metric

Getting Arrested for DUI and Resisting Arrest in Oregon (Official Trip Report)

I realize I am a target for trolling here, but I'm going to make an attempt at writing a genuine post

I left Oregon before my pending DUI/resisting arrest case was resolved. Kind of said 'screw it' and got in my Range Rover heading south

I drove from Oregon to Sacramento the first day....one of the the prettiest drives you can imagine coming down I-5 with the sun coming up over Mt Shasta...the roads were pristine and I was so glad to be leaving Oregon.

It's a very beautiful state, but the weather sucks ass. I lived in Oregon for over a year, and I think we had a grand total of 30 days of semi-sunny weather.

The coastline in Oregon is incredible, but the cloudy and shitty weather was too much.

I'm a sun worshiper, and it was really affecting me psychologically and physically. I was depressed about my case, and the Nazi cops stalking me while I was still in town.

I won't get into the details of my case, but I was charged with a DUI and resisting arrest on a complete set-up broke ass municipal police department bust.

They pushed my case back on the local docket for months.....I was trapped.

I hired an affordable attorney and pled not guilty...anxious to go to court and confront the overzealous cop that felt it was necessary to throw me to the ground and put me into a choke hold and impound my car. This all went down not even 1/2 mile from my apartment.

As soon as they pulled me over I knew I was screwed

when I first arrived in town, I stayed at a weekly place right off 101 looking for an apartment, and witnessed 1st hand these pricks busting people right and left....pulling them over in the exact same spot they pulled me over that night in

Here is the glitch...

these chumps would camp outside across the street (in a 2 stoplight town) with binoculars, pulling up license plates....whether it be for expired registration, or some random ticket etc. Their definition of 'probable cause' I suppose.

You see, now police have on-board computers where they can pull your shit up on the spot. They have no need to call into dispatch to pull up a suspects licence plate.

So while I was staying along 101 for almost 3 weeks with a birds eye view of their tactics....

I watched them bust people night after night after night....pulling them over in the exact same spot they were pulling me over in

It was 1 AM

I made a quick run into the 7/11 to grab a few beers.

I saw them pull up while I was still inside talking to the cashier....who happened to be local computer rep. We had been bullshitting for almost 10 minutes before I saw the cops roll up in their favorite spot to cherry pick busts.

Stupid me see's them roll up and I tell my cashier/computer geek friend....'guess its time to go'

I had a few drinks at dinner a few hours before...but it never occured to me to not drive one mile to the store to buy a couple beers.

Not gonna lie, I have driven drunk before, but this was not one of those times.

Even living where I was, if I had too much to drink I would grab the leash and give Winnie a nice walk.

The only DUI in my entire life came when I was 17 on my Kawasaki KZ650 blowing down Madison Avenue in Sacramento doing 90 after 5 pitchers of beer playing pool all night with friends

OK back to these no-life neanderthals pulling me over

The lights went on as soon as I pulled out of the 7/11 and I knew I was fucked

when Officer Ryan Fauver walked up to the window of my Range Rover, the first thing he said after asking for my license and insurance as that he 'smelled alcohol' on my breath. Oh really ?

Then he stated emphatically that my insurance with Progressive had expired. Odd considering my payment was overdue by not even 24 hours. Meaning that was his 'probable cause' to pull me over in the first place. I was getting pissed

So I step out of my vehicle, and state quite coherently (with just a hint of attitude)...

"lets just get this over with shall we ? I've been watching you cherry pickers bust people for chickenshit tickets in this same exact spot for the last 3 weeks. This is just fluff to keep your quotas so you can keep your shitty jobs....lets do this already'

So I step put of the Rover (Winnie waiting in the back....not even 1/2 mile from my apartment)

and I go through 3 different field sobriety tests

A: the pencil/pen test

where they make you stare straight ahead and then chase it with your eyes. I stopped Officer Fagger immediately and said 'do this test properly rookie ! '

He has his pen like 1 inch from my face.

The DUI criteria according to the NTSB requires a 12 inch space between the subject and the pen/pencil.

I was basically like 'you botched this one bro' , and insisted on another test which tested my physical coordination more effectively

2nd test was the lift a leg and touch your nose etc test.

which I slam dunked. I have to admit I was being condescending and dismissive with the entire process because the whole stop was a hatchet job.

Not as if I was swerving down Main Street doing 90 mph so I was upset

3rd test was the 'walk 9 steps up and 9 steps back in a straight line'

not a problem. I wasn't even close to being intoxicated. I was owning these ridiculous field sobriety tests

so I walk my 9 steps, do a graceful 180 degree turn...and then bust out another 9 steps right on the imaginary straight line....

boom

I kind of halfway raise my arms up the side after my final test as if to say.....'are we done now' ? considering I nailed all 3 of their field tests.

that was the moment I was bull rushed and tackled to the ground by two six foot plus fully armed rookie police officers and put in a choke hold with 2 knees my neck and digging into my back.

They tackled me right on the asphalt fucking up my knee with a giant gash almost broke my left arm while handcuffing me and stuffing into the back the cruiser.

Before being manhandled, I was cooperative and complied with every one of their requests.

I respect that police have the right to arrest people for suspicion of DUI. I get that, and I certainly don't object to the police enforcing the law.

But its not as if I am some tatted up 300 pound gang banger. I am about 5'9 165 pounds.....not some thug.

I was buying 2 beers 1/2 mile from my apartment wearing flip flops and shorts....and these 2 macho clown boys decided they wanted to get forceful and throw me to the ground like a sack of meat.

that pissed me off bigtime

when I was face down on the pavement with my knee bleeding profusely, I started laughing

'wow really ? are you guys for REAL' ?

'protect and serve my ass...you clowns are bored security guards in a podunk redneck town...shame on you'

then I am in the back of the cruiser waiting for Officer Fauver to take me to jail, and really started to unload

"hey Ryan...did your cock get hard when you were on top of me ? "

"Ryan did did daddy make you jerk him off ? "

"Ryan did you get the living shit beaten out of you in elementary school ? "

"you're never going to make it as a career police officer you fucking pussy"

etc etc etc

that's how it went down as they were impounding my Range Rover (700 dollars to get it out a day later)

not to mention taking my dog for the night hearing her cry as they were taking her to the pound while I was sitting in cuffs in the back the cruiser...

so...

I still hadn't submitted to an official breath test. The truth is that my mom was in town for a visit....and we had a couple drinks together at dinner several hours before....so it was plausible I could blow close to .08 (the legal limit in Oregon)

But keep in mind at this point I was absolutely furious about the excessive force during my arrest.

If they had simply asked me politely to put my hands behind my back and stated I was being arrested for suspicion of DUI, I would have been pissed off..but I would have complied. But that's not what happened

Officer Ryan Fauver decided he wanted to flex his muscle and use excessive force and pull me over with no probable cause other than me leaving 7/11 at 1 AM. He testified that i 'failed to signal' which proved wrong pre-trial because he had no vantage point to see my right signal from across the street top to the left at least 50 yards.

OK so we are back the police station and I am being extremely vocal.

Basically calling Ryan out for being a colossal chickenshit and how he needs to get real job and to stop living his life like a pudgy pussy with a small penis complex.

I mean the damage is done. I'm being officially charged with a DUI in a state with some of the strictest laws for 1st time offenders in the United States, so I might as well let it fly.

He asks me to submit to the breathlizer and my response is basically 'shove it up your ass Ryan....I want the blood test.'

then he drones on about how if I refuse the breath test, its more or less an admission of guilt, and have 60 seconds before he marks it down as a 'refusal to submit as directed'

I say ' give me my phone call right now you little worm'

he says 'who are you are going to call.....your attorney' ?

I say 'it's none of your fucking business who I'm going to call'....give me my phone call right now'

he denies me the call and I take 3 different breath tests rather than refuse (which is pretty much suicide if you expect to contest your case)

first breath test.....(.076)

second breath test.....(.078)

third test EXACTLY (.08)

as soon as the 3rd test comes in with the coveted .08 , I bust out laughing my ass off and just tell him

'good luck getting a conviction on your .08 asshole'

as they take my mug shot, I'm smiling like a year book photo pic just ridiculing these clowns

they try to serve me your standard disgusting jail breakfast

I grab the carton of orange juice, and the chuck the rest of the tray outside of my cell up against the wall

released next morning

______

So when you sign the form that says you blew a .08...that means the DMV can suspend your license...and that is completely separate from any pending municipal charges for DUI

but

you do have the right to request a hearing with an appointed DMV judge within 10 days

so only a few hours after I am released from jail the next morning, I'm hammering DUI defense attorneys on the phone exploring my options

well, needless to say...most of these guys want 8-12K to defend a DUI not guilty plea....but after sharing the circumstances of my arrest , one rather high priced attorney did me a huge favor and filed my request for a DUI hearing. Without him I would have been screwed.

The appointment was set and he gave me specific instructions not to say a damn word

This would be my only opportunity to read Officer Fauver's official police report prior to any pending court appearance and we had to sit in a room with an appointed DMV judge specifically to address DUI charges.

I didn't expect any miracles, but it was my opportunity to preview Ryan's official report.

On a side note, on the drive down to Coos Bay for the hearing, I was sucking down a Beam and Coke, and during the hearing, I was way over .08 ...surprised they didn't smell it on me

anyway, as Ryan is reading his police report to the DMV judge...she stops him COLD when he mentions the part where he refused me my phone call prior to administering the breath test

her exact words to him were 'hmmm...well that is the nail in your case officer Fauver' meaning that he blew bigtime it not giving me my phone call prior to the breath test

basically the rookie fucked up on procedure. The breath test results were TOAST and inadmissible in any court preceding

But the city still wouldn't drop the charges

They had also slapped me with a 'resisting arrest' charge (lol) on top of the DUI, and the prosecuting attorney wanted to push forward even without the breath test results

On my first court date almost 3 months later...I pled not guilty and the next court date was going to be almost 6 months later. wow...this podunk town can't get this done sooner than that ? I was essentially STRANDED in this place waiting to resolve the case.

If I left Oregon before resolution, then I'm risking a failure to appear and in all likelihood more nightmares and warrants etc and dealing with Oregon law enforcement.

fine so I wait it out for my court date sitting on my ass hating living in Oregon

I wanted to go to court .

In fact, i was looking forward to it....if only to expose the excessive force involved during my arrest to a jury, and to air a few of my own personal grievances about harassment with the local PD.

I had a chance to tell my story to quite a few locals, and my case in particular was nothing new.

So 2 weeks before we are set to go to trial (after 2 last minute delays from the part time local prosecutor), my attorney calls me and says that they are offering a 'deal'

the 'deal' was that they will drop the resisting arrest charge IF I plead 'no contest' to the DUI charge and then agree to community service, putting a breath guard on my ignition, AND apologize to Officer Fauver...oh and a $1000.00 dollar fine

LOL

as you might have guessed, my response was pretty much 'take your deal and shove it up your ass'

3 days later after almost a year waiting for some kind of resolution, the judge quietly dismissed ALL charges...no apologies....just a one liner email to my attorney.

I was already in Mexico by the time the final ruling came down because I was fed up with the whole nightrmare

____

former Officer Fauver no longer works for the Reedsport Police Department.

Although he was cleared of any criminal behavior in the incident below, he was relived of his duties as a police officer nd now works for the city of Grants Pass riding a desk.

This clown never had any business working as cop in the first place

http://www.nrtoday.com/news/crime/14...county-douglas

dude emptied a full clip into some poor sap sitting in the backseat of car.

Not one...not two...no he unloaded 8 shots from his Glock into some aging mental patient

protect and serve my ass.

adios asshole

enjoy driving wood for the better part of your adult life

Comments

4Dragons: TR

Belly Buster: You gotta fight for your right to Marty

splitthis: not sure if it was worth being right
    Last edited by tyde; 04-19-2015 at 06:19 PM.

Load Metric
    I smell total and utter BS. There is no law that states you are entitled to a phone call. That's just hollywood bullshit.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Great post. Sounds 100 percent legit. Tyde don't listen to these anal retentive haters..

Most of them think there dems/republican but thete all for the authoritarianism.

You me and druff are probably all around the same age and have some what competent education(before government takeover) and we all remember a more fair economy.

So there are a few of us that actually know the difference. Most if these cats think this environment is normal.

Keep on keeping on brother..

Load Metric
    So you drove drunk (anything above .05 means ur legally impaired, atleast in NYS). THEN drove drunk again for your court date. Do you not see how the asshole cop actually is the one who looks good in this whole story and you come off as a douche?

Also, how's the lawsuit going?

Banned
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by handicapme View Post
    So you drove drunk (anything above .05 means ur legally impaired, atleast in NYS). THEN drove drunk again for your court date. Do you not see how the asshole cop actually is the one who looks good in this whole story and you come off as a douche?

civil suit is stalled because I suspect my POS attorney (barely one step above a PD) doesn't want to ruffle any feathers locally

that's my guess anyway

I did file my tort claim personally and already wrote several letters to the city

but I don't have very high hopes for my civil suit TBH

Load Metric
    Jewdonk-ese to English Translation:

I was driving drunk and got pulled over by a cop when I swerved into oncoming traffic after peeling tire out of a 7/11.

He went and sobriety tested me and I failed miserably. I got shitty with him so he got a little rough. When they took me to breath test and book me I got shitty with them and thought I'd fool them with some shit I saw on Law and Order. However, they knew that I was a piece of shit. I blew right at the legal limit meaning when they pulled me over I was over the legal limit. I got shitty with them again and pulled Law and Order shit to which they just laughed.

I called the only 3 lawyers in town and decided to go with a public defendant.

I went to the court case drunk and tried to pull some more Law and Order BS but they weren't buying it. I then continued to appeal the decision until I could save enough money that my mom gave me to flee the country.

Comments

jsearles22: :hof

sonatine: youre extremely good at these

Banned
    Load Metric

you didn't pay attention dummy

it was not my court date

it was for my DMV hearing to contest my license suspension, not my court date

and yes I got toasted on purpose purely out of spite knowing I was going to be face to face with that prick

in fact I had to piss so bad when I got there, I pissed right in the parking lot and didn't give a fuck

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyde View Post

it was not my court date

and yes I got toasted on purpose purely out of spite knowing I was going to be face to face with that prick

in fact I had to piss so bad when I got there, I pissed right in the parking lot and didn't give a fuck
    Name:  4c56057e030bbb4c25f568a4d91dbb510a674a9225204d43ec1cf24da5802a3a.jpg
Views: 959
Size:  55.9 KB

Banned
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by anonamoose View Post

I was driving drunk and got pulled over by a cop when I swerved into oncoming traffic after peeling tire out of a 7/11.

He went and sobriety tested me and I failed miserably. I got shitty with him so he got a little rough. When they took me to breath test and book me I got shitty with them and thought I'd fool them with some shit I saw on Law and Order. However, they knew that I was a piece of shit. I blew right at the legal limit meaning when they pulled me over I was over the legal limit. I got shitty with them again and pulled Law and Order shit to which they just laughed.

I went to the court case drunk and tried to pull some more Law and Order BS but they weren't buying it. I then continued to appeal the decision until I could save enough money that my mom gave me to flee the country.

see that's just INCORRECT

I was not drunk when I went to the 7/11

I was not swerving, or driving erratically in the least.

they were just waiting for me to pull out of the parking lot

I was not even one mile from my apartment. I'm not a habitual drunk driver.

This is a BROKE small town trying to hustle up revenue any way they can...and that includes harassing locals.

I talked to at least a dozen other locals who weren't surprised in the least re: the details of my case

I went to a city council meeting where the city manager got absolutely CRUSHED by some vocal residents who were a lot more pissed off than I was

There are a lot of people in that town that have filed formal complaints about police department harassment and excessive force

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    How GOD can one get? Start writing that book. Title suggestion. MAKING LIFE YOUR BITCH(yes you pussy)

Comments

tyde: lol les

Load Metric
    Moral of the story is:

Be nice to the piglets when they pull you over, even if they're being cunts.

Comments

herbertstemple: Don't provoke a guy with a gun.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Salty_Aus View Post
    Moral of the story is:

Be nice to the piglets when they pull you over, even if they're being cunts.

You're white not black.

Load Metric

it was not my court date

Do you read the shit that you write? You want us to be on your side, but instead you just keep coming off as more of a scumbag... I love your stories, trip details from mexico, your trolling, but this one just makes you look bad brah. Cop was in the right, and you should have been convicted

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by anonamoose View Post

see that's just INCORRECT

I was not drunk when I went to the 7/11

I was not swerving, or driving erratically in the least.

they were just waiting for me to pull out of the parking lot

I was not even one mile from my apartment. I'm not a habitual drunk driver.

This is a BROKE small town trying to hustle up revenue any way they can...and that includes harassing locals.

I talked to at least a dozen other locals who weren't surprised in the least re: the details of my case

I went to a city council meeting where the city manager got absolutely CRUSHED by some vocal residents who were a lot more pissed off than I was

There are a lot of people in that town that have filed formal complaints about police department harassment and excessive force
    2 things... first off .08 while not "drunk" in a practical sense, is the legal limit, which you blew. Secondly, did you just pay like 2000 pesos because you were drinking drunk in mexico? So, youve just admitted to driving drunk 3 times... how is this not habitual dtunk driving? Also, let's not forget all ur vegas trip reports where you are fucked up driving after smashing heads at the Orleans.

Comments

Dan Druff: lol smashing heads at the orleans

Load Metric
    Name:  tyde paul blart.jpg
Views: 1165
Size:  391.4 KB

Comments

Belly Buster: repworthy

Load Metric
    first things first paul blart is one of the most underrated movies of all time they basically did a remake of die hard and it was incredible

second i forgot what my second point was going to be

Comments

Daredevil: No, just no.

HEX: holy fuck

smithbk: Okay, that second part is just plain funny

Load Metric
    oh i am going to lose 130 dollars on soccer and i blame morton for living in a soccer country

Banned
    Load Metric

it was not my court date

Do you read the shit that you write? You want us to be on your side, but instead you just keep coming off as more of a scumbag... I love your stories, trip details from mexico, your trolling, but this one just makes you look bad brah. Cop was in the right, and you should have been convicted

the tone of my post was more long the lines of calling out police for excessive force

I am not a big guy, and I certainly would never dream of 'resisting arrest' or being physically combative

they were within their rights to arrest me for suspicion of DUI.

trust me, I get that

what pissed me off was the fact they felt the need to throw me to the ground and almost break my left arm when I was just standing there in my shorts and thongs not posing any kind of threat to them whatsoever

I'm not trying to validate or justify 'drunk driving'

also....the reason I was upset to begin with before they administered the field sobriety tests, was because these Nazi assholes were preying upon locals and random travelers busting them in the exact same spot

I watched it happen over and over and over while I was staying in a weekly motel while looking for another place for almost 3 weeks

not sure how you can actually defend the mentality of modern day police tactics and their overall Nazi mentality in this day and age

I guess you don't live in the U.S.

in case you hadn't noticed, police brutality and excessive force is under fire lately in a big way

if they wanted to arrest me...that's fine. I would have been upset (more at myself than anything), but I would have complied without incident

they crossed the line with the excessive force used, plain and simple

I'm not trying to justify drunk driving here

if I was some 300 pound tatted up n-word screaming obscenities at them that's a different story

I'm 5'9 165 soaking wet and I was wearing flip flops

resisting arrest ?

LOL

Platinum
    Load Metric
    I was in a similar situation, but I was reasonable to the cop. I blew the 1st time barely under the legal limit, 2nd time like a hair under the L.L. The cop goes I can wait a few minutes and get you over the LL but I won't. Released from PD at 3 am, truck in impound, temp in the single digits. Found a sweat shop kind of place with a bunch of asian ladies sewing i think. Sat in the hallway til the tow place opened.

Misdemeanor plea small fine.

Pending or ongoing charges really weigh on a persons mind.

Comments

tyde: HOF
    Last edited by FPS_Russia; 04-19-2015 at 08:52 AM.

Thread Information