Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: ESPN's Britt McHenry seems to act like a bitch to a parking lot attendant -- but was it justified?

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by BetCheckBet View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Here is a common scenario:

You order some food for pickup from a restaurant where parking is very tough. It's 8:30pm.

You get there and there is zero parking anywhere. However, next door is a parking lot of a dental office which has been closed for 3 hours. Nobody is in the lot.

You park there for 5 minutes to pick up your food, and leave.

You come back and find your car gone, and find out you owe $300 to get it out of a towing lot.

This is predatory bullshit and violates the spirit of towing laws, which were crafted in order to remove vehicles either creating a hazard or preventing rightful owners/users of parking spaces from parking.

This type of crap goes on all the time in Las Vegas and elsewhere.

You can get on your high horse and say, "I wouldn't park there because I'm not here to visit the dental office, so I have no right to be there", but that's crap. You know you would park there for 5 minutes if there was no other choice, and you know that you would be super pissed if you found the car towed by a company hiding while you did so.
    Just pay for parking...

I suppose there are scenarios where no pay parking is available but you are still not entitled to park illegally regardless of how short a time it is.
    Agreed , this is why if I am ordering out to pickup food in the city I live I will rarely call some place where there is zero parking.

If you risk parking in these places your subject to get owned

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    The tow company is definitely shady; but you still don't shit on the lowly workers at the bottom like that.

If McHenry bitched to the guy who owned the Towing Service, I would 100% be behind her. Towing companies are exploitative rentiership usury at its highest form and have little to no use, minus towing folks who park near bus stops and hydrants and private residences and shit.....but no reason to bitch out the woman at the counter like she did. She is just doing her suck ass job that she probably doesn't want to do (like 75% of America) that allows her to have a living.

I love how she said, "I'm in the news"....like ESPN is real news. Also LOL at only suspending her for a week; I mean, the woman gets free publicity and will always probably have a job lined up at Fox if she wants one after this.

LOL at her bragging about having a college degree. That's like bragging you can cook a decent meal, or dunk a basketball.

I always abide by the waiter rule: It's not how someone acts towards their peers -- it's how someone treats "the help" that shows one's true character. Which also proves to me: McHenry is probably a bad lay.

Comments

JimmyG_415: I've lived that rule my whole life....it's how someone treats "the help"

big dick: same here. the help and animals.. if people treat either like shit they are most likely a shitty person
    Last edited by Shizzmoney; 04-16-2015 at 11:20 PM.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by NaturalBornHustler View Post
    Hey Druff read the fucking reports, she left her car in the lot to go barhopping, she wasn't "inside eating dinner". She wanted to get drunk and probably suck the cock of whatever player she was with. All your "scenarios" can suck a dick because they didn't happen. Not only that, the lot lady just sat there and didn't say a word or escalate the situation one bit, which she EASILY could have.

And being rude to someone is way different than being mean, which is what all her little "I am a fucking big shot and you aren't" comments were. They weren't a pissed off customer, tbey were "how dare you tow my Benz do you know who the fuck o am, I will sue you....lose weight....blah blah blah:

The dumb bitch was TOLD SHE WAS ON CAMERA and STILL thought she needed to act like a fucking cunt. Too bad.
    If she really left her car in a lot with clear "no parking signs" for a long period of time, then I have no sympathy for her getting towed. I thought it might have been a predatory "lie in wait" towing situation, but perhaps it's just a case of an entitled cunt who thinks pseudo celebrities deserve special treatment.

I am still bothered by the fact that we aren't being shown a full, unedited version of the video. Why is that?

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Living in New York and being involved with store front businesses for a long time I can attest that druff is correct. Tow companies come into stores soliciting there business to store manager's. A few 20 dollar bills and a handshake later there "patrolling" the parking lot and look for any excuse or rational (no matter how lame) to tow your car ans it's very difficult to prove your innocence. It's ridiculous and predatory. This Espn chick didn't do anything wrong. Having a bad day and calling someone a toothless idiot for being a scumbag is an American right.. I guess any company that would hire Keith Olbermann isn't exactly a bunch of scientists.

Load Metric
    Hey Druff read the fucking reports, she left her car in the lot to go barhopping, she wasn't "inside eating dinner". She wanted to get drunk and probably suck the cock of whatever player she was with. All your "scenarios" can suck a dick because they didn't happen. Not only that, the lot lady just sat there and didn't say a word or escalate the situation one bit, which she EASILY could have.

And being rude to someone is way different than being mean, which is what all her little "I am a fucking big shot and you aren't" comments were. They weren't a pissed off customer, tbey were "how dare you tow my Benz do you know who the fuck o am, I will sue you....lose weight....blah blah blah:

The dumb bitch was TOLD SHE WAS ON CAMERA and STILL thought she needed to act like a fucking cunt. Too bad.
    If she really left her car in a lot with clear "no parking signs" for a long period of time, then I have no sympathy for her getting towed. I thought it might have been a predatory "lie in wait" towing situation, but perhaps it's just a case of an entitled cunt who thinks pseudo celebrities deserve special treatment.

I am still bothered by the fact that we aren't being shown a full, unedited version of the video. Why is that?
    I still cant fathom why you think its ok to park your car in a lot with no parking signs for a short period of time?
    It's hilarious that we as a society think everyone can be a dr, a lawyer, an engineer. Some people are just fucking stupid. Why can't we just accept that?

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    As opposed to you sucking dick..

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by jsearles22 View Post
    ughhhhhh - brutal.

Load Metric

I swear every time I think I have a beat on druff, he backs someone like this.
    What do you expect to see? The tow truck lady being worse to her?

EVEN is she is getting scammed, its not the chick behind the counter she should be going off on, she just works there.

The guy talking about how you treat waiters is on spot here.
    I'd fire that snotty bitch (She is hot though, and considering it wasn't rehearsed, she has some good lines)
    But she went way to far, it would have been a great PFA post,
    but you can't talk to people like that and keep a public job.
    San Francisco crowned the ‘world’s best’ city to live: survey
    https://www.kron4.com/news/bay-area/...o-live-survey/

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by vegas1369 View Post
    Never saw her before tonight, but I am now a fan for life.

You go girl!
    Really? She always covers the Eagles I've seen her may times.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by JimmyG_415 View Post

I swear every time I think I have a beat on druff, he backs someone like this.
    What do you expect to see? The tow truck lady being worse to her?

EVEN is she is getting scammed, its not the chick behind the counter she should be going off on, she just works there.

The guy talking about how you treat waiters is on spot here.
    I'd fire that snotty bitch (She is hot though, and considering it wasn't rehearsed, she has some good lines)
    But she went way to far, it would have been a great PFA post,
    but you can't talk to people like that and keep a public job.
    This is correct. She is a PR nightmare. The biggest faux pas though is her threatening comments about being in the media. Major outlets have very strict rules around this sort of thing and using your position for personal gain.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by thesparten View Post
    Living in New York and being involved with store front businesses for a long time I can attest that druff is correct. Tow companies come into stores soliciting there business to store manager's. A few 20 dollar bills and a handshake later there "patrolling" the parking lot and look for any excuse or rational (no matter how lame) to tow your car ans it's very difficult to prove your innocence. It's ridiculous and predatory. This Espn chick didn't do anything wrong. Having a bad day and calling someone a toothless idiot for being a scumbag is an American right.. I guess any company that would hire Keith Olbermann isn't exactly a bunch of scientists.
    Jesus you and Druff are progressives.

Businesses are not going to tow their customers.

Real estate/parking lots come at a cost to the owner. Shit ain't free.

Why are you frequenting businesses that serve their customers poorly - with inadequate parking? Your ass-hat business is usually quite aware what is going on next door but doesn't give a shit to partner-up with neighboring business. Needs more parking spaces? Work out a deal. Obv they don't give a shit but you still play with them. You lose.

5 minutes doesn't justify a tow? What's the magic number? Should I hire a kid to watch my lot with a fucking spreadsheet or partner up with a tow company?

You want to make a 1/2 hour sales call in Boston it's $40 to park. You want to park in another guys lot despite reading the warning? Throw the business $5 and forgettaboutit. Get a receipt. Buy a pack of gum. I guarantdamntee that if you do get towed and can produce a receipt the tow is free and the store will make a call on your behalf.

It's great to see the entitled, snobby chick with inflated self-importance get her comeuppance. Please don't try to crusade against the towing practices in cities cause you are too cheap to give the owner some respect and throw him a few shekels.

Jesus sparten. You live in the Bronx you should be a little more sophisticated in the ways of this world than Druff.

Edit: just went to see a couple of bands play in Allston the other night. Nothing but meter parking and all full. Circled for literally an hour. Pretty standard. Across the street from venue, CVS was selling employee parking spaces. Paid $20 for space. Ticket at venue was $18.50

Comments

big dick: praise the lord

jsearles22: Spot on, as usual
    Last edited by Sanlmar; 04-17-2015 at 09:52 AM.

Load Metric
    My read: Typical entitled "hot chick" who is used to the world kissing her ass and the rules not applying to her. Hope she gets fired. What a cunt.

Comments

GambleBotsChafedPenis: Spot On Read Rep

Platinum
    Load Metric

Smile

The last thing the backers of this whore are hanging onto now, after it has been established that pretty much none of her "story" was accurate, is the editing.

I am sure what was edited out was a bunch of silence, as the tow lady was sitting there doing all the paperwork releasing the car. Simple as that. It was "edited" for time and not much else. Who wants to play the video and see minutes of silence in between insults? No one.

To further prove this was likely the case, have you heard one shred of anything from hot blonde or her employer about how rude tow lady was to her? Of course not, because it didn't happen. They would be screaming from the top of the building if there was ANYTHING like that going on to give an explanation. But yet....nothing. You can tell from the video there was no "back and forth, no argument is was one little spoiled cunt who just had to make it perfectly clear the pedestal sat on.

Load Metric
    Tell me i'm not the only one that got hard watching her go off on that video?

Comments

Hockey Guy: Nope, I came.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    The last thing the backers of this whore are hanging onto now, after it has been established that pretty much none of her "story" was accurate, is the editing.

I am sure what was edited out was a bunch of silence, as the tow lady was sitting there doing all the paperwork releasing the car. Simple as that. It was "edited" for time and not much else. Who wants to play the video and see minutes of silence in between insults? No one.

To further prove this was likely the case, have you heard one shred of anything from hot blonde or her employer about how rude tow lady was to her? Of course not, because it didn't happen. They would be screaming from the top of the building if there was ANYTHING like that going on to give an explanation. But yet....nothing. You can tell from the video there was no "back and forth, no argument is was one little spoiled cunt who just had to make it perfectly clear the pedestal sat on.
    No chance the ESPN chick is going to respond at this point and attempt to justify acting this way. It can only end badly, even if the parking lot lady gave it back to her, or if the tow was one of those lie-in-wait scam jobs.

Right now her best play is to apologize and hope everyone forgets it.

Why can't we see the whole video, though? There's no way the unedited version could have gone on too long? I think everyone would be interested in seeing a 5 minute version of it, complete with the "silence pauses", the parking lot lady's response, etc.

This reminds me a bit of the asshole who went through the Chick Fil-A line and was unjustifiably nasty to the nice girl working there, going off with his political agenda regarding Chick Fil-A's views regarding homosexuality. It lasted like 4 minutes, but it left no doubt that the guy was just a prick and made himself feel good while bullying a low wage employee who had nothing to do with corporate Chick Fil-A's politics. That video was UNEDITED so we could get a clear picture.

When you have a two way exchange where someone is being verbally attacked, you need to see the unedited version to truly understand what really happened. Otherwise it looks like something is being covered up.

Load Metric

No chance the ESPN chick is going to respond at this point and attempt to justify acting this way. It can only end badly, even if the parking lot lady gave it back to her, or if the tow was one of those lie-in-wait scam jobs.

Why can't we see the whole video, though? There's no way the unedited version could have gone on too long? I think everyone would be interested in seeing a 5 minute version of it, complete with the "silence pauses", the parking lot lady's response, etc.

This reminds me a bit of the asshole who went through the Chick Fil-A line and was unjustifiably nasty to the nice girl working there, going off with his political agenda regarding Chick Fil-A's views regarding homosexuality. It lasted like 4 minutes, but it left no doubt that the guy was just a prick and made himself feel good while bullying a low wage employee who had nothing to do with corporate Chick Fil-A's politics.

When you have a two way exchange where someone is being verbally attacked, you need to see the unedited version to truly understand what really happened. Otherwise it looks like something is being covered up.
    You're being fucking stupid now. The cunt got out of line. Did everything but yell n-word. It's obvious from the video the toothless uneducated fat fuck was just doing her job not giving any shit back. Hope the hot blond has to do porn to make ends meet.

Comments

NaturalBornHustler: this

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanlmar View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by thesparten View Post
    Jesus you and Druff are progressives.

Businesses are not going to tow their customers.

Real estate/parking lots come at a cost to the owner. Shit ain't free.

Why are you frequenting businesses that serve their customers poorly - with inadequate parking? Your ass-hat business is usually quite aware what is going on next door but doesn't give a shit to partner-up with neighboring business. Needs more parking spaces? Work out a deal. Obv they don't give a shit but you still play with them. You lose.

5 minutes doesn't justify a tow? What's the magic number? Should I hire a kid to watch my lot with a fucking spreadsheet or partner up with a tow company?

You want to make a 1/2 hour sales call in Boston it's $40 to park. You want to park in another guys lot despite reading the warning? Throw the business $5 and forgettaboutit. Get a receipt. Buy a pack of gum. I guarantdamntee that if you do get towed and can produce a receipt the tow is free and the store will make a call on your behalf.

It's great to see the entitled, snobby chick with inflated self-importance get her comeuppance. Please don't try to crusade against the towing practices in cities cause you are too cheap to give the owner some respect and throw him a few shekels.

Jesus sparten. You live in the Bronx you should be a little more sophisticated in the ways of this world than Druff.

Edit: just went to see a couple of bands play in Allston the other night. Nothing but meter parking and all full. Circled for literally an hour. Pretty standard. Across the street from venue, CVS was selling employee parking spaces. Paid $20 for space. Ticket at venue was $18.50
    You are acting like the business owners in these tow scams are just innocent victims of assholes using their lot in order to visit neighboring businesses, and have no choice but to have the cars towed.

Or that the people who choose to park in neighboring lots are simply too cheap to pay for parking elsewhere.

That's not what's happening.

In most of these situations, the businesses are already closed. (In fact, they don't want to hire these companies while they're open, because their own customers could get mistakenly towed.)

In most of these situations, there is no parking anywhere nearby -- paid or otherwise.

In most of these situations, the tow company approaches the business/parking lot owner and says, "Hey, how would you like to make a few extra thousand a month?", and pitches them this lie-in-wait tow scheme. Parking lot owner often agrees.

Then they set the trap and spring it onto otherwise decent people who just have no place to park and are just looking to run into a neighboring business for 5 minutes, so they quickly park in a closed business' lot, figuring nobody is being harmed or inconvenienced. Then they come back and are shocked to see their car gone.

Lie-in-wait towing should not be allowed. If security is working on the premises and sees unauthorized people parking there, they should be required to notify these people that they need to leave before towing them. In most states they actually are required to do this, but all they have to do is claim that they didn't see the person walk off property, or that by the time they saw them, it was too late to chase them down. Towing is only authorized by law as a "last resort" when a car sits in a spot which is illegal or unauthorized, and the owner cannot be found to be told to move it (or, alternately, can be found but refuses to move it.)

There are many complex laws involving the authorization to tow. It is not a business or property owner's "right" to tow whomever they feel like. For the tow to be legal, typically the following has to exist:

1) There is a clear sign posted forbidding or restricting parking
    2) The unauthorized parker cannot be found and asked to move their car OR the parker refuses to move
    3) The person requesting the tow is the owner or authorized agent of the property
    4) The parker does not have prior permission or permits to park in this spot

The problem here is that the shady towing companies do not admit that they are watching the people and eagerly waiting for them to step off property (even though that's exactly what they're doing). Instead, they make up an excuse that the business is closed, they cannot find anyone on property attempting to visit these closed businesses, so therefore the parker must be off property and they don't know how to find them. Then they tow it. If the person complains, they tell them that they have video of the person leaving the property (even if they don't), and the person usually backs down, knowing they are guilty. If the towing company were to admit that they watched the person walk off property and did not attempt to inform them that they were not allowed to park there, they would lose in court in most states.

This is PREDATORY and is not a legitimate business model. It is not protecting the legitimate rights of business owners to remove unauthorized cars from their lot. It is a shady business looking to take advantage of an otherwise harmless situation where people park for a few minutes in a lot of a closed business.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Pooh View Post

This reminds me a bit of the asshole who went through the Chick Fil-A line and was unjustifiably nasty to the nice girl working there, going off with his political agenda regarding Chick Fil-A's views regarding homosexuality. It lasted like 4 minutes, but it left no doubt that the guy was just a prick and made himself feel good while bullying a low wage employee who had nothing to do with corporate Chick Fil-A's politics.

You're being fucking stupid now. The cunt got out of line. Did everything but yell n-word. It's obvious from the video the toothless uneducated fat fuck was just doing her job not giving any shit back. Hope the hot blond has to do porn to make ends meet.
    Then why is the video edited? I'm not even defending this ESPN woman. I just want to see the whole thing.

I hate any internet video where someone says, "OMG look at this behavior!!!!!11" but then won't show us the whole thing, even if the unedited version is like 5 minutes long total.

Load Metric
    I do not want to live in a world where skinny chicks cant shame fat toothless women

Comments

4Dragons: may your apples be forever green

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Just to show my critics that I'm not crazy for saying that towing laws in places like Las Vegas need to be reformed to stop lie-in-wait towing, here are the laws in San Francisco (a city with a TERRIBLE parking problem) regarding towing from public lots:

YOU MAY BE TOWED FROM PRIVATE PROPERTY IF you are parked in a private parking lot that is open to the public without a fee (like a supermarket or mall) if you are parked in violation of parking restrictions that are posted on the property. However, you cannot be towed from a private lot that is free to the public until you have been illegally parked for at least one hour UNLESS you are parked in a disabled space, within 15 feet of a fire hydrant, or in a fire lane or blocking the entrance to or exit from the property. CVC § 22953
    http://sf-police.org/Modules/ShowDoc...cumentid=14593

And before you claim that San Francisco is just a wacky liberal city with crazy laws, this is actually a state law of California (CVC 22953).

You can apologize to me now, Sanlmar, for calling me naive.

Thread Information