Page 4 of 31 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: *** OFFICIAL *** 2015 MLB Thread

Load Metric
    The f1st place Figntin' Royals. (The poor man's Dodgers.) I am loving this. Can't wait for Tigers v Royals later this week.

I don't care who is hurt or who is suspended. Deal with it.

LAD Grienke v SF Vogelsong. SF +1.5 - 130. The trend is your friend.

Load Metric
    How 'bout that Atlanta pitching staff?

13 runs two nights in a row.

At Home.

Bet there's not a chop to be heard.
    Save a Cow - Eat a Vegetarian, they're grass-fed.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanlmar View Post
    The f1st place Figntin' Royals. (The poor man's Dodgers.) I am loving this. Can't wait for Tigers v Royals later this week.

I don't care who is hurt or who is suspended. Deal with it.

LAD Grienke v SF Vogelsong. SF +1.5 - 130. The trend is your friend.
    What trend is that?
    Can't back Vogey, he is the opposite of Kershaw, he sucks in the regular season.

I have LAD -1 -144
    4/29/15 10:10pm* MLB*Baseball* 964 Los Angeles Dodgers -198* vs San Francisco Giants* (R Vogelsong - R must Start***Z Greinke - R must Start)
    4/29/15 10:10pm* Reduced*Baseball* 964 Los Angeles Dodgers -1˝*+110* vs San Francisco Giants* (R Vogelsong - R must Start***Z Greinke - R must Start)
    San Francisco crowned the ‘world’s best’ city to live: survey
    https://www.kron4.com/news/bay-area/...o-live-survey/

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    BUMP

Dodgers now 22-10, have the 2nd most runs scored in baseball (170), and the 3rd least runs allowed in baseball (107) despite a parade of crappy minor league pitchers in the 4th and 5th starter slots.
    '
    Offense completely owning, and the bench (now many starting due to injuries) of Van Slyke, Ethier, Guerrero, and Turner is the best I've ever seen.

Amazingly they are doing this with injuries to 5 major players (Puig, Crawford, McCarthy, Ryu, Jansen).

I believe they also lead the majors in HR.

Only disappointing thing so far (aside from the injuries) has been Clayton Kershaw, but Greinke has stepped up to be the new ace -- at least so far.

Giants have a -16 run differential and are 5.5 behind the Dodgers.

Padres have horrendous pitching and are struggling to stay over .500.

LOL @ the Angels being under .500.

Willie's Cardinals also looking good so far, but I think Wainwright's absence is eventually going to catch up with them. Plus Carlos Martinez looking awwwwwful last two starts.

Obviously Dodgers won't keep hitting at this pace, but I am feeling good about this team, especially if they pick up another good starter during the season.

Load Metric
    If this season had ended anytime in the past like 6 days my Twins would be in the playoffs....loving this shit so far, although it wont hold up.

Dodgers are incredibly stacked for position players right now. Nonetheless they still have a problem trading the 2 they would want to trade (Uribe and Ethier) and getting anything back in return.

Walking Image Library
    Load Metric

Load Metric
    Thank God for the Cavs and the NBA playoffs lasting until Thanksgiving, because the Indians suck even by Indians standards.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Santiago Casilla struck out the side on 9 pitches on Sunday.

Dodgers head to SF to face them once again. Hopefully the Dodgers don't suffer the same embarrassment they did in April when they got swept there. I think LA will take 2 of 3.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Santiago Casilla struck out the side on 9 pitches on Sunday.

Dodgers head to SF to face them once again. Hopefully the Dodgers don't suffer the same embarrassment they did in April when they got swept there. I think LA will take 2 of 3.
    It pains me but I am starting to come around to the Dodgers. Casilla was fun. There are some good stories.

Yet Dodgers still haven't proven through strength of schedule that they are on par with the real iron. I continue to remind you to temper your enthusiasm in light of your cupcake schedule. A lot of the Dodgers regular season success, which you have been so enamored with over the years, is empty calories.

The Giants aren't the Royals yet they are good enough to own the Dodgers so far.

MLB RPI - Relative Power Index
    1 Tigers
    2 Royals
    3 Cardinals
    4 Yankees
    5 Twins
    6 Mets
    7 Cubs
    8 Nationals
    9 Dodgers

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    The Dodgers can't help the fact that their schedule has involved a lot of games against the Rockies.

But they're 24-13, which is a very good record, and they only came up 9th because there's a number of teams in the same record range with tougher schedules, so that pushed the Dodgers way down.

No way they're the 9th-favorite to win the World Series this year, or the 9th favorite to finish with the best record in baseball.

Load Metric
    Dunno where that RPI index comes from, but having the Twins at 5 is a joke....and I'm a Twins fan. Clearly SOS plays a huge part in those rankings, as we've played the Tigers and Royals plenty so far.

Dodgers/Nats/Cards in some order are the 3 best teams in baseball right now, with the Royals and Tigers right behind. Astros a sneaky 6th best maybe if they call Correa up soon, and him and McCullers produce.

If Bro Harper keeps acting like Barry Bonds though, Nats should run away with the regular season.

Load Metric
    I prefer betting college sports. Small schools that don't get tracked are ideal for me.

Right now the NCAA College World Series tourny is about to start. There are many great opportunities. Huge mismatches and bad lines develop when people (like Druff) fall in love with records and fail to examine strength of schedule.

There are so many teams going into Regionals that have never played one another or any common opponent. RPI is your friend.

Wanna bet some undefeated NEC (Northeast) team vs almost any SEC team? NEC team prolly rolled over crap like Boston College. SEC team is getting bloodied by Vanderbilt.

Dodgers are your NEC team. Pretty numbers but what do they mean?

Now it turns out the Royals have a better record anyway, but their schedule has been tougher AND they have won. RPI tells me to take the Tigers all day vs Dodger for a series matchup.

So how on earth Gut are the Tigers & Royals behind Dodgers in your mind? Cause Vin Scully makes them sound great when they play the Rockies or Padres?

How do you reconcile the consistent trouble versus a pretty fair (not great) Giants team? Probably variance, right?

Load Metric
    It sounds like to me Gut simply has an AL/NL bias

KC is quite clearly the best team in baseball. Best D by far, best base running, best bullpen. Bullpen is so good and so deep that it's not even fair. Like historically good. 3 gold gloves last year, could be 5 this year easily. The problem last year was the offense. Guess what, now they're best in the AL, without Rios for a chunk this year. And our SP has been mediocre to bad. But Volquez is on track, Ventura was Ace last night. Rios is almost back. If the SP improves even slightly, the league is fucked.

Comments

Dan Druff: and you don't have a KC bias, no siree

Sanlmar: Royals "are just running good" & "poor man's Dodgers" offset rep
    It's hilarious that we as a society think everyone can be a dr, a lawyer, an engineer. Some people are just fucking stupid. Why can't we just accept that?

Plutonium Brittney Griner's Clit's Avatar
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by gut View Post
    Dunno where that RPI index comes from, but having the Twins at 5 is a joke....and I'm a Twins fan. Clearly SOS plays a huge part in those rankings, as we've played the Tigers and Royals plenty so far.

Dodgers/Nats/Cards in some order are the 3 best teams in baseball right now, with the Royals and Tigers right behind. Astros a sneaky 6th best maybe if they call Correa up soon, and him and McCullers produce.

If Bro Harper keeps acting like Barry Bonds though, Nats should run away with the regular season.

Right.

I keep telling everyone who knows me as a fan that it would be amazing if they finish .500

But they keep winning.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by jsearles22 View Post

KC is quite clearly the best team in baseball. Best D by far, best base running, best bullpen. Bullpen is so good and so deep that it's not even fair. Like historically good. 3 gold gloves last year, could be 5 this year easily. The problem last year was the offense. Guess what, now they're best in the AL, without Rios for a chunk this year. And our SP has been mediocre to bad. But Volquez is on track, Ventura was Ace last night. Rios is almost back. If the SP improves even slightly, the league is fucked.
    Gotta love Royals. They still misbehavin'? Trash talk? Fights? Hit batters? Ventura is epic.

Haven't seen or read about Royals lately. Gotta get the MLB package after All Star break for half price.

I'll follow the Tigers Royals race to wire. Cubs with Kris Bryant ......... and Dodgers w/ Scully, Puig/Pederson

Load Metric

Druff accuses me of bias? Poor mans Dodgers? Fuck off faggot. How about you dispute any of the facts I presented? Tell me what I'm wrong about?
    It's hilarious that we as a society think everyone can be a dr, a lawyer, an engineer. Some people are just fucking stupid. Why can't we just accept that?

Load Metric
    Bias? Why would I have an NL bias as a Twins fan lol.

I think there is a similarity between the NBA and MLB this season:

Western Conference = AL A few teams clearly on top, with a hearty glut of average/above average teams in the middle with only a couple bottom feeders.

Eastern Conference - NL A few elite teams at the top, but the hearty glut is of below average/bad teams

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanlmar View Post
    I prefer betting college sports. Small schools that don't get tracked are ideal for me.

Right now the NCAA College World Series tourny is about to start. There are many great opportunities. Huge mismatches and bad lines develop when people (like Druff) fall in love with records and fail to examine strength of schedule.

There are so many teams going into Regionals that have never played one another or any common opponent. RPI is your friend.

Wanna bet some undefeated NEC (Northeast) team vs almost any SEC team? NEC team prolly rolled over crap like Boston College. SEC team is getting bloodied by Vanderbilt.

Dodgers are your NEC team. Pretty numbers but what do they mean?

Now it turns out the Royals have a better record anyway, but their schedule has been tougher AND they have won. RPI tells me to take the Tigers all day vs Dodger for a series matchup.

So how on earth Gut are the Tigers & Royals behind Dodgers in your mind? Cause Vin Scully makes them sound great when they play the Rockies or Padres?

How do you reconcile the consistent trouble versus a pretty fair (not great) Giants team? Probably variance, right?
    Sample size again. Putting faith in those rankings now is like doing the same in the NFL after 4 games.

Load Metric
    Are the Dodgers ever going to score again?
    Save a Cow - Eat a Vegetarian, they're grass-fed.

Load Metric

Druff accuses me of bias? Poor mans Dodgers? Fuck off faggot. How about you dispute any of the facts I presented? Tell me what I'm wrong about?
    Brings back fond mammaries of tired arguments. Good times

Name:  image.jpg
Views: 766
Size:  116.4 KB

Comments

jsearles22: Those Midwest girls

Thread Information