Page 11 of 31 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast

Thread: *** OFFICIAL *** 2015 MLB Thread

Load Metric
    Dodgers close on Price, via Tiger's beat writer.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by ToasterOven View Post
    I hope this is true, unless they are going to give up Seager or Urias.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Tigers need to get at least as much as Reds got for Cueto.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanlmar View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by MrTickle View Post
    Mets trade Flores and Wheeler for Carlos Gomez.

Flores still playing and is crying in the outfield - pretty sad to see actually

You really England? Follow baseball?
    Girlfriend is from New York so when we go to visit her parents I always get in as many Mets games as I can and subsequently have become a big fan.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    More action in the Dodgers/Marlins trade. Turns out that the Braves are also involved, and the Dodgers are getting a lot more than initially thought.

Marlins send to Dodgers: Matt Latos, Michael Morse, and a competitive draft pick

Dodgers then send to Braves: Hector Olivera (recent Cuban signing, in minors right now), Paco Gonzalez, minor league P Zach Bird, and the draft pick from the Marlins

Braves then send to Dodgers: Jim Johnson, Alex Wood, and minor league infielder Jose Peraza (who is actually pretty good)

Dodgers then send to Marlins: Minor league pitchers Jeff Brigham, Victor Araujo and Kevin Guzman. None of these guys are considered big prospects.

The deal is not final, but that's the word right now.

Also, there are rumors that the Dodgers will send Peraza and others (maybe Wood or Johnson) to Detroit to get Price.

Even if they don't, Latos AND Alex Wood are a big upgrade in the rotation, and Jim Johnson is a nice addition to the bullpen.

Load Metric
    More action in the Dodgers/Marlins trade. Turns out that the Braves are also involved, and the Dodgers are getting a lot more than initially thought.

Marlins send to Dodgers: Matt Latos, Michael Morse, and a competitive draft pick

Dodgers then send to Braves: Hector Olivera (recent Cuban signing, in minors right now), Paco Gonzalez, minor league P Zach Bird, and the draft pick from the Marlins

Braves then send to Dodgers: Jim Johnson, Alex Wood, and minor league infielder Jose Peraza (who is actually pretty good)

Dodgers then send to Marlins: Minor league pitchers Jeff Brigham, Victor Araujo and Kevin Guzman. None of these guys are considered big prospects.

The deal is not final, but that's the word right now.

Also, there are rumors that the Dodgers will send Peraza and others (maybe Wood or Johnson) to Detroit to get Price.

Even if they don't, Latos AND Alex Wood are a big upgrade in the rotation, and Jim Johnson is a nice addition to the bullpen.
    I dont think this is going down like this, but if it is what a coup for the dodgers. It makes no sense for the Braves to do this trade though.

If this winds up being the trade, the Braves must think Olivera is the slightly older version of Jose Abreu then. Wood is a huge asset to give away, and the Dodgers should keep him IMO instead of flipping for price. Wood is controlled through 2020 and is already an established #3/borderline #2 starter.

I think the Marlins are getting shorted a bit here also, but meh, they get rid of Morse and stil lget 3 C-level guys. Costing them the draft pick hurts. Peraza being in the deal is what really makes no sense to me at all. take him out, and it seems like a fair deal. I'm guessing he's not part of the final deal, or if he is, there are more pieces still to come that havent been leaked yet.
    Last edited by gut; 07-29-2015 at 09:49 PM.

Load Metric
    I gotta say good job to the Phillies as well, for once in forever, getting a nice return on Hamels. Harrison, if healthy (big if), is a solid mid-rotation guy, 3 top 100 prospects, and then 2 other young project SP's to boot. Not a bad haul.

Harrison might be done and a bust from here on out, but even without him they get 5 guys for 2 (the 2nd being an easily replaceable MR) and save a little bit of cash.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by gut View Post
    I gotta say good job to the Phillies as well, for once in forever, getting a nice return on Hamels. Harrison, if healthy (big if), is a solid mid-rotation guy, 3 top 100 prospects, and then 2 other young project SP's to boot. Not a bad haul.

Harrison might be done and a bust from here on out, but even without him they get 5 guys for 2 (the 2nd being an easily replaceable MR) and save a little bit of cash.
    Imagine if they broke up the team 4 years ago like they should have. They might be decent now.

Load Metric
    Latos becoming a dodger is perfect. He's the most hated non dodger here, so it just makes sense. Morse going there hurts because he's loved here. He's just always hurt.

Load Metric
    I guess they didn't want to give up Urias.

Load Metric
    Sizzle what would you lay me now for a last longer between toronto and kc?

Comments

jsearles22: You never replied rep

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

They should. What makes him so special too?

Price is already a god and they have unlimited money

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by chinamaniac View Post

They should. What makes him so special too?

Price is already a god and they have unlimited money
    Agreed. 250 million dollar payroll dictates the action.

Jays gave what seems like the equivalent of Cueto. A top pitching prospect, a high ceiling prospect from a+ and a flyer in the high minors.

I'm ok with it from the Tigers perspective.

Load Metric
    Go jays

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Dodgers trade finalized.

http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/mlb/s...finalize-trade

Dodgers are also getting Luis Avilan and Bronson Arroyo (lol).

Price trade to Toronto finalized.

Pretty bold moves by the Jays. Guess they really want to win, and think 2 wildcards makes it possible.

Load Metric
    Dodgers having to pay for Arroyo makes the deal make a little more sense. Still Dodgers pwned this trade, unless Olivera becomes Abrea the next 5 years. All the Dodger had to do was eat the Morse and Arroyo salaries.

Load Metric
    Dodgers having to pay for Arroyo makes the deal make a little more sense. Still Dodgers pwned this trade, unless Olivera becomes Abrea the next 5 years. All the Dodger had to do was eat the Morse and Arroyo salaries.
    They already DFA'd the garbage contracts they ate.

Load Metric
    Sizzle what would you lay me now for a last longer between toronto and kc?
    I'm the worlds worst handicapper. What would you want?
    It's hilarious that we as a society think everyone can be a dr, a lawyer, an engineer. Some people are just fucking stupid. Why can't we just accept that?

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    KC and Toronto made the moves (obv) to go deep in the AL.

One bet I wish I took in the off season even though I hate tying money up too long so I didn't do it is the Royals over 82 wins which I thought was free money. They lost a few players including big game James but still the team has a lot of depth with all the confidence in the world.

The Blu Jays lineup was already super sick and very consistent unlike what the Tigers should have been if healthy all year and now Toronto improves by adding Troy Tulowitzki to it. All the Blu Jays needed was one solid starter and they got him in David Price.

As good as David Price is will he be enough with the other starting pitching mutts the Blu Jays have to make the post season? All of these moves will be a mega failure if the Blu Jays don't get at least a wildcard spot.

I think Toronto will at least get a wildcard and could be setup nicely for a divisional series win depending who they play as long as it's not the Royals which then it would be interesting. KC shouldn't want to face the Blu Jays in the first round either but lets assume they don't or that Toronto gets past the first round, will they have enough starting pitching to go any further then that?

Dodgers spent enough money and don't give a shit since they have it to burn. If they can't finally get over the hump this year and at least get to the World Series then I don't know what to say really.

Baseball is such a high variance sport needing all the pieces of the puzzle to come together. The Tigers had their chances since 2006 and couldn't get the job done after going on spending sprees. Will the Dodgers fall into this category as well?

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by BeerAndPoker View Post
    KC and Toronto made the moves (obv) to go deep in the AL.

One bet I wish I took in the off season even though I hate tying money up too long so I didn't do it is the Royals over 82 wins which I thought was free money. They lost a few players including big game James but still the team has a lot of depth with all the confidence in the world.

The Blu Jays lineup was already super sick and very consistent unlike what the Tigers should have been if healthy all year and now Toronto improves by adding Troy Tulowitzki to it. All the Blu Jays needed was one solid starter and they got him in David Price.

As good as David Price is will he be enough with the other starting pitching mutts the Blu Jays have to make the post season? All of these moves will be a mega failure if the Blu Jays don't get at least a wildcard spot.

I think Toronto will at least get a wildcard and could be setup nicely for a divisional series win depending who they play as long as it's not the Royals which then it would be interesting. KC shouldn't want to face the Blu Jays in the first round either but lets assume they don't or that Toronto gets past the first round, will they have enough starting pitching to go any further then that?

Dodgers spent enough money and don't give a shit since they have it to burn. If they can't finally get over the hump this year and at least get to the World Series then I don't know what to say really.

Baseball is such a high variance sport needing all the pieces of the puzzle to come together. The Tigers had their chances since 2006 and couldn't get the job done after going on spending sprees. Will the Dodgers fall into this category as well?
    Obviously wishing I had bet a ton more:

Name:  image.jpg
Views: 757
Size:  61.8 KB

Comments

WillieMcFML: nice sweat
    It's hilarious that we as a society think everyone can be a dr, a lawyer, an engineer. Some people are just fucking stupid. Why can't we just accept that?

Thread Information