Page 1 of 31 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: *** OFFICIAL *** 2015 MLB Thread

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

*** OFFICIAL *** 2015 MLB Thread

Dodgers are off to a 6-3 start. This is thanks to a 3-game sweep they just accomplished against the Mariners, including two comeback victories after being down 3-4 runs.

Some observations about this year's team:

- They have an excellent bench, which I'm pretty sure is the best in baseball. Ethier, Alex Guerrero (who has always had a nice bat, just can't play defense), Scott VanSlyke, and Justin Turner are really four awesome players to have on your bench. Admittedly, the Dodgers are paying way too much to have Ethier and Guerrero sitting on a bench, but that aside, this is an amazingly strong bench, and they already have the comeback wins to show for it.

- I am not sure what to say about Clayton Kershaw. On the troublesome side, he struggled in the spring and has pitched poorly in his first 2 starts. On the "not to worry side'", he sucked in the 2014 spring, gave up 7 runs to Arizona in an early season game, and then won both the Cy Young and MVP. Right now I put my concern level about his season at "moderate".

- Zack Greinke is a boss. He is now 19-1 against the NL West while wearing a Dodgers uniform, with an ERA under 2.00. Sad that idiot Colletti gave him the ability to opt out after 4 years of a 7 year contract (this is year #4).

- Joc Pederson is finally starting to look better. I have no idea why they are batting him 8th.

- Howie Kendrick has looked really good, but Jimmy Rollins really hasn't, aside from his opening day HR.

- Bullpen still seems very unreliable, though it has improved over the past few games.

- Not sure what to say about Brandon McCarthy. He has given up 6 HR in his two starts so far, but also struck a bunch of guys out. Weird.

Comments

thesidedish: your manager is still a moron, stop wasting time getting pumped about a world series run

Load Metric
    Anyone have a copy of the picture of Joc all Hasidic Homeboyed out?

Load Metric
    Twins just beat the Royals twice in a row. This will be the highlight of the whole season, unless/until Buxton or Sano or Berrios get called up.

In my fantasy keeper league, snagging Steven Souza and Arod with my first two FA draft picks this year is paying off nicely so far.

Loved the Dodgers basically buying a compensation draft pick from the Orioles. I doubt Coletti would have thought of doing that. Friedman will reap benefits for that franchise.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Still cant watch the Dodgers on home TV due to Time Warner fiasco. Last nights game was the first game nationally televised. I started to try to watch it but couldn't really get into it because ESPN was spending the whole broadcast paying an homage to Jackie Robinson and barely had the game on at all. I have nothing against Jackie Robinson, just didn't feel like sitting through a 3 hour tribute with a baseball game going on in the background.

I used to be a big fan, but this Time Warner thing has left a bad taste in my mouth, and I don't think I am gonna even follow the team at all this year (which I really cant anyways).

Last time I really followed the team was 2 years ago, so I guess I am behind the times. But it is not clear to me if Ryu and Billingsley are even on the team anymore. Are they?

Banned
    Load Metric
    lol druff u still cant watch dodgers games?

Load Metric
    re: Dodger games....i subscribe to MLB.COM/TV, which gives me live broadcasts of out of all market games (non-Dodger & Angeles games),
    plus archived games of those blacked out locally, usually available 2 hours of more after the final out.

that's the best i can do on my own

the Dodgers TimeWarner v Dish,ATT, Direct fight has gone is entering its 2nd season...I understand the YES Network (Yankees) v Cablevision stalemate lasted 3 years...so the current Dodger mess may still have a time to run
    Last edited by GrenadaRoger; 04-16-2015 at 03:45 PM.
    (long before there was a PFA i had my Grenade & Crossbones avatar at DD)

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by verminaard View Post
    Still cant watch the Dodgers on home TV due to Time Warner fiasco. Last nights game was the first game nationally televised. I started to try to watch it but couldn't really get into it because ESPN was spending the whole broadcast paying an homage to Jackie Robinson and barely had the game on at all. I have nothing against Jackie Robinson, just didn't feel like sitting through a 3 hour tribute with a baseball game going on in the background.

I used to be a big fan, but this Time Warner thing has left a bad taste in my mouth, and I don't think I am gonna even follow the team at all this year (which I really cant anyways).

Last time I really followed the team was 2 years ago, so I guess I am behind the times. But it is not clear to me if Ryu and Billingsley are even on the team anymore. Are they?
    Agree that the constant interruptions to the game with Jackie Robinson stuff was way overdone.

If you want to watch the Dodgers, you can. It's a bit of a pain in the ass, but you can do it, and it will only cost you like $139 or something per year.

1) Subscribe to mlb.tv

2) Got to unotelly.com and sign up for a free account. This will allow you to fake your IP address to mlb.tv so you aren't blacked out from watching the games. It says you only get 8 days, but for some reason you can keep using it after your trial expires and it still works.

3) You can watch the games now in HD! You can, of course, then hook up your computer to your TV and watch it as if you have the channel in the first place. That's what I do.

Alternately, if you don't want to hassle with all of that (or pay the money), you can use strikeout.co to watch the games, but you will deal with a lot of popups, and it will attempt to thwart you from using adblocker software. Also, the connection is kinda spotty. But it kinda works.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by GrenadaRoger View Post
    re: Dodger games....i subscribe to MLB.COM/TV, which gives me live broadcasts of out of all market games (non-Dodger & Angeles games),
    plus archived games of those blacked out locally, usually available 2 hours of more after the final out.

that's the best i can do on my own

the Dodgers TimeWarner v Dish,ATT, Direct fight has gone is entering its 2nd season...I understand the YES Network (Yankees) stalemate lasted 3 years...so the current Dodger mess may still have a time to run
    Use unotelly.com or unlocator.com, and you can watch the Dodgers games live.

Comments

GrenadaRoger: thanks..

I miss that nigga Howie.

Druff, thoughts on Puig?

Load Metric
    NBA and NHL playoffs. Forget MLB until at least June

Load Metric
    Vin Scully pays for the MLB package all by himself. I can watch the Dodgers play anyone because of that guy, and Im a Mariners fan.

Another team I like watching this year is the Rockies. No way they can sustain this pitching, but their offense if it stays healthy could be legendary. Lol @ that however. Im actually banking on huge years out of a couple of their young guys Arenado and Dickerson, both are off to great starts Im kinda hoping one will crack the top 15 overall

Comments

JimmyG_415: I agree, if the Giants aren't on, and he is..... I listen to him.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    JOHN LACKEY IS GOD

Comments

WillieMcFML: true

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by chinamaniac View Post
    JOHN LACKEY IS GOD
    not bad for a guy only making $500k this year

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by WillieMcFML View Post
    JOHN LACKEY IS GOD
    Yup , absolute steal for the $500k. I am hoping Joe Kelly turns into a bargain as well

Silver
    Load Metric

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post

Agree that the constant interruptions to the game with Jackie Robinson stuff was way overdone.

If you want to watch the Dodgers, you can. It's a bit of a pain in the ass, but you can do it, and it will only cost you like $139 or something per year.

1) Subscribe to mlb.tv

2) Got to unotelly.com and sign up for a free account. This will allow you to fake your IP address to mlb.tv so you aren't blacked out from watching the games. It says you only get 8 days, but for some reason you can keep using it after your trial expires and it still works.

3) You can watch the games now in HD! You can, of course, then hook up your computer to your TV and watch it as if you have the channel in the first place. That's what I do.

Alternately, if you don't want to hassle with all of that (or pay the money), you can use strikeout.co to watch the games, but you will deal with a lot of popups, and it will attempt to thwart you from using adblocker software. Also, the connection is kinda spotty. But it kinda works.

not sure if these are well known outlets to watch ANY sporting event or not but:

1. www.streamdop.com

2. www.drakulastream.eu

between the 2 of those it usually pretty easy to find a decent to good (occasionally great) stream to watch any sport you choose!

youre welcome

Comments

simpdog: thanks. vipsports blocks ad blockers now

Silver
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by simpdog View Post
    NBA and NHL playoffs. Forget MLB until at least June

unless of course u are betting on a baseball game

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    JOHN LACKEY IS GOD
    You know what's the worst?

I got him on my NL-only fantasy team for $11, but I had no faith in him so I sat him, and then he ran out that gem tonight.

Will have to promote him this Sunday.

I also have Matt Holliday, who has inexplicably turned into a singles hitter.

Load Metric

You know what's the worst?

I got him on my NL-only fantasy team for $11, but I had no faith in him so I sat him, and then he ran out that gem tonight.

Will have to promote him this Sunday.

I also have Matt Holliday, who has inexplicably turned into a singles hitter.
    Lackey will be lights out for like two games and the next he'll give up 4-5 runs

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    I use a new site: stream2watch.me. Hardly no ads at all (you might have a popup explorer window that prompts you to download something; just cancel it) and the feeds come in nice with HD stereo.

Strikeout.co/vipleague.se has been a real bitch to get past the ad blocker javascript code that loads lately (they wont even let you browse the site w/o killing ad blockers, and you have to do so on EVERY single page). ifirstrow.eu isn't any better.

Greasemonkey for Firefox, which is a "under the hood" java script installator where you can manipulate the script to not load, has yet to update a bypass...mostly because the script built are user generated/3rd party which means someone has to take time out (for free) to build it.

The only thing that sucks about stream2watch is that it doesnt have MMA feeds.

Load Metric
    Druff, do you think Back to the Future will be right with Cubs winning the world series in 2015?

TRUMP 2024!

Just non-stop unrelenting LGBT propaganda being shoved down our throats.

Thread Information