Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Star Wars Celebration Live Stream...Star Wars: The Force Awakens: new trailer

Load Metric

Star Wars Celebration Live Stream...Star Wars: The Force Awakens: new trailer

Watch a Live Stream of Star Wars Celebration...

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/s...w-trailer.html

The second trailer for J.J. Abrams's forthcoming Star Wars: The Force Awakens is expected to be released later today, at the Star Wars Celebration in Anheim, California.

Fans are hoping that the opening panel discussion, featuring director J.J. Abrams and producer Kathleen Kennedy, will include the premiere of some new Star Wars: The Force Awakens footage, and the second trailer for the film.

For the first time, this year's event will be streamed live (you can watch the live stream above) and Star Wars Celebration has confirmed that the livestream will include any movie footage shown.

Star Wars: The Force Awakens is released on December 18.

Surprised that J.J. Abrams is trying to embrace the Star Wars fans when he basically said 'Fuck You" to Star Trek fans.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

Banned
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by TheXFactor View Post
    Surprised that J.J. Abrams is trying to embrace the Star Wars fans when he basically said 'Fuck You" to Star Trek fans.
    Exactly. He's a fine filmmaker, but those Trek movies were a disaster plot/character-wise. I'd be very concerned if I were a Star Wars fan.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by SrslySirius View Post
    Exactly. He's a fine filmmaker, but those Trek movies were a disaster plot/character-wise. I'd be very concerned if I were a Star Wars fan.
    Can't be any worse then The Phantom Menace. That was the worst written movie ever.

Banned
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Daly View Post
    Can't be any worse then The Phantom Menace.
    Nothing can, but at least we have it to thank for Plinkett reviews.

Comments

Daly: Fucking HOF - love these reviews. Balls on truth

Corrigan: hof

Sloppy Joe: LOL

WillieMcFML: these are amazing

Load Metric
    "The phantom menace is the most disapoiting thing since my son."

HOF

Platinum
    Load Metric
    So it looks like the protagonists are going to be either Luke or Han/Leia's teenage daughter and a black stormtrooper?

Considering the bulk of the fanbase is probably white males, will be interesting to see if not having a white male lead actor works.

Quote Originally Posted by verminaard View Post
    So it looks like the protagonists are going to be either Luke or Han/Leia's teenage daughter and a black stormtrooper?

Considering the bulk of the fanbase is probably white males, will be interesting to see if not having a white male lead actor works.
    I doubt anything will stop this movie from making a ton of dough.

Load Metric
    I hope they do a Star Wars marathon so I can watch all six and the new one. I have to admit the new trailer is way better than the first one

Load Metric
    This movie looks like a steaming pile of garbage
    Quote Originally Posted by abrown83
    I'm going to come across as a bit of a douche but I really know more about this then anyone on this board by miles.

...if Trump is nominee he wins Presidency easily. Angry Blue Collar Whites will have record turnout.

Load Metric
    There was a poll on DeviantArt on which of the known directors should get the job and I picked JJ for one reason; that he has worked with the equipment and knows how to deal with enormous amounts of effects shots that become realized over months of splicing everything together. Literally everyone else who answered the poll said Joss and I just don't get it.

I happen to love what they did with Star Trek and laughed my ass off when I learned he hired Andrew Kramer to do the lens flares.

Comments

bukowski72: I have been noticing a lot of lens flares on procedural dramas...I didn't know it was a trend...I thought it was the new HD digital cameras or they were saving money by not fixing it

Banned
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by 4Dragons View Post
    There was a poll on DeviantArt on which of the known directors should get the job and I picked JJ for one reason; that he has worked with the equipment and knows how to deal with enormous amounts of effects shots that become realized over months of splicing everything together. Literally everyone else who answered the poll said Joss and I just don't get it.

I happen to love what they did with Star Trek and laughed my ass off when I learned he hired Andrew Kramer to do the lens flares.

Kramer also did the asteroid credit sequence for Into Darkness. Supposedly all inside Element 3D.

Don't get me wrong, I like big dumb action movies. But it's a damn shame to use Star Trek (or Star Wars for that matter) as a vehicle for that. Star Trek was never driven by space battles and fistfights. It had plenty of them, but they weren't the whole point. It was about humanity striving to be more. Exploring the next great frontier, facing moral dilemmas, examining our weaknesses, learning from other cultures and evolving. It got preachy at times, but it was a cool vision of the future.

The Abrams movies just glossed over all that and gave us explosions and callback groaners and emotional Spock punching people in the face.

I'm surprised to see a Star Wars fan considering special effects the priority when you've seen exactly what happens to the franchise when plot takes a backseat to masturbatory CGI. How would you feel about Michael Bay at the helm?

Comments

Krypt: interesting star trek insight. I always thought it was dorky sci-fi with no layers.

Dan Druff: great analysis

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by 4Dragons View Post

Kramer also did the asteroid credit sequence for Into Darkness. Supposedly all inside Element 3D.

Don't get me wrong, I like big dumb action movies. But it's a damn shame to use Star Trek (or Star Wars for that matter) as a vehicle for that. Star Trek was never driven by space battles and fistfights. It had plenty of them, but they weren't the whole point. It was about humanity striving to be more. Exploring the next great frontier, facing moral dilemmas, examining our weaknesses, learning from other cultures and evolving. It got preachy at times, but it was a cool vision of the future.

The Abrams movies just glossed over all that and gave us explosions and callback groaners and emotional Spock punching people in the face.

I'm surprised to see a Star Wars fan considering special effects the priority when you've seen exactly what happens to the franchise when plot takes a backseat to masturbatory CGI. How would you feel about Michael Bay at the helm?
    Bay would have been pick 3, Joss 2. Bay cannot get a performance out of good actors, much less bad ones. And that is the other reason I like JJ. He can spot talent and evoke emotion, and that is what was lacking in the last Star Wars series. Why you ask? Because Lucas is good with effects and not good with actors (historically). The plot was there and it fit with the original vision. It's literally the story of the United States breaking away from England. Freedom vs control freaks that rule with technology and a heaping helping of theocratic mysticism (let's just call it the C of E). The plot falls flat because you have zombie Amidala droning on worse than the networked robot minions along with Palpatine who always seemed to be thinking about how he misses his seat at the pub more than making historical science fiction.

At the heart of it you have a bunch of technicians that call themselves Directors. Only a couple like Joss and JJ can actually lead. Just thank Christ Bruckheimer didn't get it.

Load Metric

Banned
    Load Metric
    lol dude I was kidding about Michael Bay. Wow.

Load Metric
    lol dude I was kidding about Michael Bay. Wow.

It's ok, your still my boo.

Comments

SrslySirius: <3

Load Metric

bukowski72: I have been noticing a lot of lens flares on procedural dramas...I didn't know it was a trend...I thought it was the new HD digital cameras or they were saving money by not fixing it
    If srs is my boo, you can be my bu.

These are all of the lens flares they used in Star Trek: https://www.videocopilot.net/products/opticalflares/

Banned
    Load Metric
    Those streaky flares are usually done with filters.

I've also heard of people using fishing line. Anamorphic lenses will also exaggerate the effect.

Here's some shots taken with a filter (spherical lens though)

It's distracting as fuck when overused and I'm not really a fan.

Load Metric

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    I still like the original Star Wars the best. This despite the fact that it had the lowest budget and worst special effects, by a wide margin.

I felt it had the best story and was the most interesting.

Let's face it... the other Star Wars movies -- even Empire -- wouldn't have had the hype they did if it weren't for the original getting everyone all excited in 1977.

Thread Information