Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Thread: HOLY SHIT ALEX JACOB ON JEOPARDY WITH HOF HILARITY!!!

Banned
    Load Metric
    lol did he slowroll everyone on the Festa Della Sensa DD, or was that really pulled out of his ass?

Awesome either way. Watching it a second time you can hear someone groan in the audience.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by SrslySirius View Post
    lol did he slowroll everyone on the Festa Della Sensa DD, or was that really pulled out of his ass?

Awesome either way. Watching it a second time you can hear someone groan in the audience.
    He has slow rolled a few answers which imo are on purpose sort of as a shout out to the poker community but also the longer you take with a big lead the bigger chances your opponents don't get to see every question before the time runs out in each round.

One thing I noticed in yesterday's episode was after he built a huge lead going after them middle $1200 and $1600 questions (half that for round 1) to find the Daily Doubles when he had the lead with control of the board instead of going after the remaining $1200, $1600, and $2000 questions he jumped immediately up to the $400 ones then $800. This is very strategic to take up time and hopefully not let your opponents see the remaining bigger money questions, however, they still had enough time to do so yesterday which means Alex might slow play some other questions along the way from time to time.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by BeerAndPoker View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by SrslySirius View Post

He has slow rolled a few answers which imo are on purpose sort of as a shout out to the poker community but also the longer you take with a big lead the bigger chances your opponents don't get to see every question before the time runs out in each round.

One thing I noticed in yesterday's episode was after he built a huge lead going after them middle $1200 and $1600 questions (half that for round 1) to find the Daily Doubles when he had the lead with control of the board instead of going after the remaining $1200, $1600, and $2000 questions he jumped immediately up to the $400 ones then $800. This is very strategic to take up time and hopefully not let your opponents see the remaining bigger money questions, however, they still had enough time to do so yesterday which means Alex might slow play some other questions along the way from time to time.
    yeah, kinda like stalling in a tourney at the bubble or a money bump

anyone know how long his streak ran?
    (long before there was a PFA i had my Grenade & Crossbones avatar at DD)

Load Metric

Platinum
    Load Metric
    I am in the middle of watching and this clown on right is cheating!!! He is pounding the buzzer in his hand like he is jerking off before the question is even done. Dude was so mad early because Alex was just smoking him (obv)and now he is just going ballistic. I think he might break the thing he is squeezing it so fucking hard.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Indian guy in the middle may have been able to win this episode but instead of clicking the buzzer he would throw his arm out to the side trying to click it. Just plain stupid, by the time he was clicking it jacob was answering

Load Metric
    Dude is so in their heads ...
    Last edited by hotshott74; 04-20-2015 at 08:00 PM.
    @hotshott74 on twitter

Load Metric
    Felt like Trebek was fucking with him a bit with his advice to the other clowns to catch him early and not let him get out to a lead.

Been an entertaining week to watch.

Comments

chinamaniac: agreed

Drexel: thought the same exact thing

Load Metric
    Does anyone think that the dude on the right is kind of creepy?

Comments

jacosta24: dont even log on anymore faggot

Load Metric
    Just to put in perspective how amazing a feat this is, from what I googled, Alex already cracked the top 10 in both money earned and consecutive days defending his title. He may even closer to top 5 in both eliminating TOC and other repeat champion tournaments.

Right before Ken Jenning's amazing 74 game run, champions were limited to a maximum of 5 victories in a row. Due to the public's demand of wanting to see how far a contestant can go and developing a following for certain contestants, Jeopardy changed their long standing format.

I texted with Jenn tonight. She actually texted me to tell me that her and Alex have read this thread and were very appreciative of pfa's support and the kind words. I also told her like 3 times not to give me any spoilers (not sure if she even legally could without possibly getting Alex in trouble). The only one hint she made was she told me "with all this jeopardy money, we're going on one hell of a honeymoon" or something to that effect.

Alex tweeted the other day due to various forms of media (poker, main stream, podcast etc) that he has decided not to do I any interviews until his run is over. I actually think that is a good idea.
    I'm confident when his run inevitably ends, he'll come on PFA radio and talk to us about his experience.

If anyone again wants to follow him or see the absolutely insane/creepy/groupie tweets at him, he is #whoisalexjacob

Load Metric
    Rewatched it. Few things. I laughed when you could actually see him overthink the Bogota question and think it was a trick question. Also, him not getting one of the most famous biblical references about Jesus driving the money changers out of the temple is clearly understandable being a Jew, but it made me wonder if the Jeopardy people were taking a subtle jab at his profession. A Jewish currency trader getting that question? Cmon

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

Comments

hotshott74: Fixing my broken link

OSA: indian played too careful

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Here you guys go:

Warning Spoiler:

Very entertaining episode especially during the Double Jeopardy round which was redic. That chick made a run and then Alex bet it all for a large amount then the other guy did the same thing. The result was very unfortunate for Alex who made a good run. I knew this answer too and it pissed me off Alex missed it at the end.

Load Metric

Alex, the Econ major from Yale, had to be feeling pretty good when he saw the final was "Business"

He was soooo close!

Question:
    This social media company launched in October 2010; in 2012, with about a dozen employees & no revenue, it sold for $1 billion

Answer:
    Instagram

Sold to Facebook for 1 billion

Alex answered "Twitter". Twitter is a publicly traded company and was not "bought" per se. Alex probably just couldn't place the correct name.

Loved his performance and hope Drexel brings him in. I wager it all that Alex shooting the shit with Drexel will be gold.

I have only watched Jeopardy these few times. He made an ordinarily self-important & dull show fun. Alex Trebek blows.
    Last edited by Sanlmar; 04-20-2015 at 10:34 PM.

Banned
    Load Metric
    Monica's spastic button mashing was so annoying. Why do people do that?

Also tilted that Griffin Benger spoiled the result on Twitter.

Comments

Sanlmar: Twitter is always the wrong answer Thomas

Bronze
    Load Metric
    as soon as i saw double spoiler i assumed he lost. gg

Load Metric
    Was a good run. He'll probably be back for the tournament of champions this year.

Load Metric
    The next Ken Jennings?

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

Comments

Sanlmar: Well done.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Interesting thing came out in the 2+2 thread about Micon getting busted.

Some guy there named "bylaw" (presumably a PFA user) posted a video of Micon with Alex Jacob and his longtime girlfriend Jenn. The video was 8 years old. Not sure why bylaw posted it, as I never got to see it.

Shortly after bylaw posted it, the video was taken down. The channel was owned by "nicoleisnice" (former NWP user), and NOT Micon, so it was strange. It did seem like Micon had it taken down somehow after it was posted on the 2+2 thread, but I couldn't imagine what was incriminating about the video, as bitcoin didn't even exist in 2007.

The video vanished within an hour of being posted on 2+2.

bylaw then made another post, calling out Micon for deleting the video, and asking what he's trying to cover up.

... except it wasn't Micon who had it deleted!

It turned out that the video was requested deleted by Alex's longtime girlfriend Jenn. She just posted this on 2+2:

Quote Originally Posted by Jenn Fox
    FTR, I asked her to take it down. It's old, and we no longer associate with "his group".
    Ouch.

Thread Information