Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: HOLY SHIT ALEX JACOB ON JEOPARDY WITH HOF HILARITY!!!

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Drexel View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Also, Alex ran really well on that first episode's daily double.

As Drexel mentioned, he risked shooting off his entire roll (while in the lead), only to get a pretty easy question about an exoskeleton. He didn't exactly employ smart bankroll management.

Was impressed with his knowledge about some of the questions, though, where I had no clue what the answer was, and he spouted it right off.

Did you read somewhere that this was on or just stumbled on to it?

Yeah I as well was pretty shocked by that all in bet with the lead. My gf said she couldn't remember ever seeing a contestant do that before. And if you notice he was doing the stall technique once he had the lead too.

I always knew the kid was brilliant. Double major from Yale by 21. Crushing poker by age 22.

I never asked him but I truly think he just got bored with poker. After his success he would only play big buy in 10k+ plus tourneys in the region and the wsop.

I sent him a text a few hours ago after I watched the episodes. It was funny, I told him it was amazing/hilarous watching him play and asked him not to give me any spoilers about how he ends up.
    He did bring himself to double the 2nd place guy when Final Jeopardy came around, clinching it for him.

This allowed him to bet $0 on what ended up being a tough quesiton (which he apparently didn't know), and if he didn't have such a lead, he would have lost, as the 2nd place guy got it right and bet most of his money.

Plutonium Brittney Griner's Clit's Avatar
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Also, Alex ran really well on that first episode's daily double.

As Drexel mentioned, he risked shooting off his entire roll (while in the lead), only to get a pretty easy question about an exoskeleton. He didn't exactly employ smart bankroll management.

Was impressed with his knowledge about some of the questions, though, where I had no clue what the answer was, and he spouted it right off.
    The key to jeopardy is to win in a runaway and not have to worry about final jeopardy. if you see a category you like and can solidify your chances at a runaway why not? If he misses it's not like he's lost the game either.

The biggest blunder I see over and over for years is this.

You get to final jeopardy with the score

Contestant A 16K
    Contestant B 15K
    Contestant C 5k

Contestant A almost always will bet 14001

Contestant B usually bets 13000. So if they both miss he finishes a dollar higher.

Contestant C. Fuck my life contestant C almost always does it wrong. C's only prayer is for a final to stump all three. (Happens all the time)

I've watched this scenario play itself out too many times to even count.

I've witnessed contestant C correctly wager nothing in this spot maybe five times ever.

If C's ever started to wager properly you would probably start to see B's wagering nothing. Especially if they saw a dog shit category that he/she felt suited neither them or the leader.
    Last edited by Brittney Griner's Clit; 04-14-2015 at 02:53 AM.

Plutonium Brittney Griner's Clit's Avatar
    Load Metric
    I haven't watched jeopardy in years but the new style of hopping around the board is not only annoying for the competitors but also for me watching.

NO ONE. AND I REPEAT NO ONE did it that way when I used to watch religiously.

They either need to completely randomize daily doubles into all the dollar figures or just plain only allow a top to bottom of the category picking style.

I can't believe hard ass Alex stands for that.

Load Metric

And fuck sonatine, help me out. I do not mean to disrespect. Its actual proper name was something like the James L Carter experience lol or something like that.

ZoD
    The James Earl Carter Jr Experience

It also had a couple other modified names but that was the best.

Banned
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Brittney Griner's Clit View Post
    I haven't watched jeopardy in years but the new style of hopping around the board is not only annoying for the competitors but also for me watching.

They either need to completely randomize daily doubles into all the dollar figures or just plain only allow a top to bottom of the category picking style.

That's the strategy Arthur Chu was infamous for using. A lot of people were pissed off about it, but how can you blame the guy for playing optimally with money on the line?

I agree that it's annoying, but I don't like either of your solutions. I think Daily Doubles are bullshit and should just be done away with. It's a huge advantage to whoever lucks into one.

Weird sidenote: apparently Chu is now a radical misandrist SJW.

Load Metric
    Currency traders just lived through a period similar to the poker boom or the dot com bubble. It was an epic run where the trend was your friend. You didn't have to be a genius to make bank - and it sounds like this kid is so....

The dollar, as an example, ran to near historic highs. Usually traders spend their days trying to nibble little moves. The moves recently have been fucking epic. The traders used to say "I made a few pips." Now... dear god.

Drexel, if you get a chance to chat with Alex - don't ask him how he did but rather if he has any crazy currency stories.

Work the term "pip" into the conversation. It'll get a chuckle coming from you.

Banned
    Load Metric
    LOL those stupid video categories chew so much clock. I'm pretty Alex was just picking them to stall again.

Load Metric
    Jeopardy has Alex Jacob listed as a poker pro/currency trader from N.Y.
    He's been doing well on Jeopardy and has gotten very lucky at times, easy questions + bad opponents.

Antigua minister of bitcoin
    By the end of July, Micon's 6 months will be up and he will have to leave Antigua.

What are the odds that Micon goes to the WSOP this year?

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    JENN IS GOD, AIM GROUP CHAT LEGEND/thread

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Spookygook View Post
    Who is his bitch and please give a story or two about her wretched ways

She isn't a bitch. She used to post on NWP and got into it with some old school posters who thrashed her pretty hard. As I mentioned in my prior post, she was like 21-22 years old at the time. Just a baby and had no idea what NWP was. Most people here don't. This place is like a bunch of old ladies peacefully playing penny Mahjong compared to that place.

Even I got destroyed the first couple of years, like all newcomers did. People paid mods to ban users, change there avatars etc.

When the 10,000 member joined, he was immediately ip banned lol just because.

The minister of bitcoin towards the end of NWP created a place called the Carter (RIP). It was like a prison/asylum for the crazy. Some people were only allowed to post in the Carter. Some people like that retard razz virgin no social skills scottyno would come down below to the Carter and would get raped by the inmates.

True story but even to this day no explanation how....so fucking legendary...Cmoney didn't like the formation of the Carter and wanted everyone to be back in one basic forum so he hacked into NWP and merged the carter back into shooting off (nwp's version of flying stupidity).

No idea seriously how he did it. Maybe Druff or someone back then knows how he did it. But that was that. The Carter was never again.

And fuck sonatine, help me out. I do not mean to disrespect. Its actual proper name was something like the James L Carter experience lol or something like that.

ZoD

I always liked her. She was in VIP and she didn't go off on people like she did in 'The Carter'.

Name:  JenFox.jpg
Views: 2157
Size:  196.9 KB

Comments

Nikki: this

Skated Thru to PFA WP Title BHS's Avatar
    Load Metric
    Enjoyed watching that. HOF

Where is next episode?

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Headshot View Post

Where is next episode?
    I'm watching it now.
    PM for spoilers.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by BUBBLES View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Headshot View Post

Where is next episode?
    I'm watching it now.
    PM for spoilers.

Load Metric
    I hate jeopardy usually but he made it entertaining. Not the usual mega nerd stuffed shirt boring fucking crap. Touché.
    Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.

Ronald Reagan

Load Metric
    Am I the only one who thought by the thread title this guys first name was Jacob?
    It's hilarious that we as a society think everyone can be a dr, a lawyer, an engineer. Some people are just fucking stupid. Why can't we just accept that?

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by jsearles22 View Post
    Am I the only one who thought by the thread title this guys first name was Jacob?
    probably

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by splitthis View Post
    I hate jeopardy usually but he made it entertaining. Not the usual mega nerd stuffed shirt boring fucking crap. Touché.
    Completely agree Split. Detest the show. Seen it only a handful of times. I did tune in tonight.

Was chatting with others who watch religiously and they agree the kid plays like no one else.

Great story.

Load Metric
    Ken Jennings would shit down this geek's throat

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Brittney Griner's Clit View Post

The first guy to do it was the first tournament of champions winner back in the mid 80's.
    (•_•) ..
    ∫\ \___( •_•)
    _∫∫ _∫∫ɯ \ \

Quote Originally Posted by Hockey Guy
    I'd say good luck in the freeroll but I'm pretty sure you'll go on a bender to self-sabotage yourself & miss it completely or use it as the excuse of why you didn't cash.

Banned
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Hockey Guy View Post
    The first guy to do it was the first tournament of champions winner back in the mid 80's.
    Chuck Forrest. The strategy is known as the Forrest Bounce.

Thread Information