Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: HOLY SHIT ALEX JACOB ON JEOPARDY WITH HOF HILARITY!!!

Load Metric

HOLY SHIT ALEX JACOB ON JEOPARDY WITH HOF HILARITY!!!

I have this show on record on the genie. Once a week or so, the girl and I will watch 5-6 episodes.

SPOILER ALERTS!!! IF BY CHANCE YOU HAVE IT ON DVR/TIVO OR CAN FIND A STREAM AND DON'T WANT TO FIND OUT THE RESULTS DO NOT I REPEAT DO NOT READ BELOW!!!!

Unfortunately I didn't stumble on it. I was browsing 4 today (actually to see if any jasep shit was posted there) and Kessler had started a thread about it. Of course in his opening post in the first paragraph he states he won (on Friday) and was returning to defend today.

So I told the girl to turn off the gay ass MTV awards and turn on Jeopardy. FUCKING BRILLIANT. I have watched Jeopardy for years and saw some shit (all on Alex's part) that I don't think I've ever seen before.

He played both games like it was a hyper turbo sit and go. Both games he hits a DD with like 8-9k behind and medium size lead and both times says "I'm going to bet it all" Holy fuck. Only thing better was if he said "I'm all in"

In the first episode, its some question regarding roman numerals but the question was totally phrased in such a fucked up way I had no clue what kind of answer they were even looking for. He gives the answer and Alex says it needed to be in a roman numeral and Alex waves his hands up in "what the fuck manner" and starts laughing at Alex in a "what a joke, you fucking kidding me old man"

He apparently is a currency trader now. I haven't talked to him in 2+ years but keep in touch with both him and his gf on fb.

If anyone can find a link to the show on 4/10/15 and 4/13/15 post it here because its some hall of fame shit...I mean as much as hof as Jeopardy can be.

ZOD

EDIT: FOUND A LINK

Comments

Sanlmar: Great thread Drex. Followed through with good stories

Gordman: WOW. Good stuff!

4Dragons: best thread in a while

Load Metric
    Day 1 Fullscreen stream: http://vidbull.com/4eqrnmsp82fh

Here is the day 2, full screen stream: http://vidbull.com/pikrqpymonhn.html

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Your boy looks cool, he killed it and threw Alex back with that wtf? Snicker he through back at him.

Load Metric
    still with skelator, i guess

poor guy

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by WillieMcFML View Post

poor guy

Lol yeah.

He gave her a shout out after he won the 2nd game.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    I saw the first episode over the weekend when I heard about it and thought it was HOF. Just browsed through the second one for the daily doubles and final jeopardy. It's HOF for sure and a great strategy just as long as he hits his all in on a daily double obv but Alex Jacob is a smart dude.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Drexel View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by WillieMcFML View Post

poor guy

Lol yeah.

Yeah I was surprised to see this too. Does he even play poker anymore? I haven't seen him around in ages, and he's hard to miss with that Jew fro.

He's been with his girlfriend since high school. She can be very difficult, to say the least, but I don't see Alex ever leaving her. She's all he knows, and he's a really mellow guy, so I don't see him ditching out on her at this point.

Plutonium Brittney Griner's Clit's Avatar
    Load Metric
    Dude is living my dream I used to have.

Gold
    Load Metric
    Who is his bitch and please give a story or two about her wretched ways

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post

Lol yeah.

Yeah I was surprised to see this too. Does he even play poker anymore? I haven't seen him around in ages, and he's hard to miss with that Jew fro.

He's been with his girlfriend since high school. She can be very difficult, to say the least, but I don't see Alex ever leaving her. She's all he knows, and he's a really mellow guy, so I don't see him ditching out on her at this point.

I last saw Alex at the WSOP in 2013 playing a small 1 table satellite. There was some thread and speculation that he went broke. But that wasn't true. He was one the the few poker players I KNEW would never go busto. He was pretty tight with his money (he'd make you proud Druff). He lived way below his means although lol he could be forget about money. Not sure if it was because he had so much it didn't matter or if he genuinely couldn't keep track of it.

A few funny stories...Once his gf was away for like a week and me and the Antigua minister of bitcoin went and picked him up (he didn't drive) and headed to the bellagio. The 3 of us sat in the same 15-30 lhe game (only game going). After about an hour of playing, he says to me "Oh I just realized I have some money at the cage from a tourney I cashed in, I might as well get it" I thought nothing of it and about 20 minutes later he comes back with around 80k in chips lol. I asked him how long it had been at the cage and he said it was from a tourney from like 6+ months back lol. He said the payout line was too long so he left. I mean lol how long can the pay out line be to cash out at a bellagio WPT?

From 2008 to around 2012, Alex, myself and a few others used the same maid. Her name was Tania and she was great. Honest, cleaned the place from top to bottom and charged a reasonable rate. It was funny because she would gossip to me about what she would find at my friends houses when cleaning. Sex toys, tons of pot, months worth of fast food wrappers, empty red bull cans etc. So one day she tells me that she thought Alex was trying to see if she was a thief. She was cleaning his home, and while cleaning the couch she found a handful of bellagio flags under the cushion. She immediately gave them to Alex (no idea if he tipped her extra) and he thanked her. I later told Alex about what Tania had said and he told me he had no idea they were there.

In 2007 him and his girl had moved to NY. They came to Vegas and we were all going to drive to Commerce to play something, cant remember what. They stayed at the Orleans hotel the night before we left. We stopped for breakfast at Primm (stateline) and about 30 minutes into Cali, he remembers that he had left about 100k in commerce chips in the in room safe that they had already checked out of. We ended up turning around and they dropped me off at Primm to hang out while they went back there to retrieve them.

As far as Jen, I think they actually met in junior high. I remember a lot of people (mostly on the 4) calling her a gold digger when she used to post there a lot, but she was with the kid when he had nothing. I know Jen could be a little dramatic but remember Druff when you knew her she was literally just a kid. Like 21-22 years old. She was always a really good friend to me. We had a lot of laughs together back in the day.

Hoping the kid makes a helluva run on jeopardy. There is a thread on 4 talking about how Alex is playing perfect optimal game strategy so far. Apparently some former champion wrote an article on the exact +EV way to play. Didn't read it but it has to do with not picking clues in a sequential order, which amazingly most contestants do, but instead choosing higher money questions early on and trying to find the daily doubles and not just luck box into them.

ZoD

Comments

backdoorb: LMFAO Antigua minister of bitcoin

Load Metric

Hoping the kid makes a helluva run on jeopardy. There is a thread on 4 talking about how Alex is playing perfect optimal game strategy so far. Apparently some former champion wrote an article on the exact +EV way to play. Didn't read it but it has to do with not picking clues in a sequential order, which amazingly most contestants do, but instead choosing higher money questions early on and trying to find the daily doubles and not just luck box into them.

ZoD
    That's pretty much what I was expecting he was doing. I noticed it and I was like idk if he's doing it to just be a dick or if there's a strategy to it. I did lol at the looks he was getting for doing it from the previous contestant in the first episode.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Spookygook View Post
    Who is his bitch and please give a story or two about her wretched ways

She isn't a bitch. She used to post on NWP and got into it with some old school posters who thrashed her pretty hard. As I mentioned in my prior post, she was like 21-22 years old at the time. Just a baby and had no idea what NWP was. Most people here don't. This place is like a bunch of old ladies peacefully playing penny Mahjong compared to that place.

Even I got destroyed the first couple of years, like all newcomers did. People paid mods to ban users, change there avatars etc.

When the 10,000 member joined, he was immediately ip banned lol just because.

The minister of bitcoin towards the end of NWP created a place called the Carter (RIP). It was like a prison/asylum for the crazy. Some people were only allowed to post in the Carter. Some people like that retard razz virgin no social skills scottyno would come down below to the Carter and would get raped by the inmates.

True story but even to this day no explanation how....so fucking legendary...Cmoney didn't like the formation of the Carter and wanted everyone to be back in one basic forum so he hacked into NWP and merged the carter back into shooting off (nwp's version of flying stupidity).

No idea seriously how he did it. Maybe Druff or someone back then knows how he did it. But that was that. The Carter was never again.

And fuck sonatine, help me out. I do not mean to disrespect. Its actual proper name was something like the James L Carter experience lol or something like that.

ZoD

Comments

lewfather: retarded razz virgins rep

michael: Jen Fox is God

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by anonamoose View Post

ZoD
    That's pretty much what I was expecting he was doing. I noticed it and I was like idk if he's doing it to just be a dick or if there's a strategy to it. I did lol at the looks he was getting for doing it from the previous contestant in the first episode.

Yeah it was obvious he was pissing them off. Even better was his "wtf alex" look throwing his hands up and laughing a him when Alex slowrolled him and then said his answer was wrong.

Plutonium Brittney Griner's Clit's Avatar
    Load Metric
    I've often wondered how long the judges actually deliberate? They always make it look like snap decisions when they air it.

For the Roman numeral question they must have been told to give the answers in Roman numerals At some point or it wouldn't make sense so I don't know why the guy is throwing up his arms.

I've seen it before when people really really appear to get fucked for pronunciation Due to their accents.
    Last edited by Brittney Griner's Clit; 04-14-2015 at 02:17 AM.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Also, Alex ran really well on that first episode's daily double.

As Drexel mentioned, he risked shooting off his entire roll (while in the lead), only to get a pretty easy question about an exoskeleton. He didn't exactly employ smart bankroll management.

Was impressed with his knowledge about some of the questions, though, where I had no clue what the answer was, and he spouted it right off.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by anonamoose View Post

Yeah it was obvious he was pissing them off. Even better was his "wtf alex" look throwing his hands up and laughing a him when Alex slowrolled him and then said his answer was wrong.
    It makes sense because you're randomly going about the higher values. So if you're getting the questions you're making more money and when you hit the daily double you have more money to wager on questions that usually aren't that difficult.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Oh and I agree that his reaction to the roman numeral thing was HOF.

Was like he just took a bad beat by someone making an awful all-in call and hitting a 2-outer.

Load Metric
    Also, Alex ran really well on that first episode's daily double.

As Drexel mentioned, he risked shooting off his entire roll (while in the lead), only to get a pretty easy question about an exoskeleton. He didn't exactly employ smart bankroll management.

Was impressed with his knowledge about some of the questions, though, where I had no clue what the answer was, and he spouted it right off.

Did you read somewhere that this was on or just stumbled on to it?

Yeah I as well was pretty shocked by that all in bet with the lead. My gf said she couldn't remember ever seeing a contestant do that before. And if you notice he was doing the stall technique once he had the lead too.

I always knew the kid was brilliant. Double major from Yale by 21. Crushing poker by age 22.

I never asked him but I truly think he just got bored with poker. After his success he would only play big buy in 10k+ plus tourneys in the region and the wsop.

I sent him a text a few hours ago after I watched the episodes. It was funny, I told him it was amazing/hilarous watching him play and asked him not to give me any spoilers about how he ends up.

Load Metric
    Oh and I agree that his reaction to the roman numeral thing was HOF.

Was like he just took a bad beat by someone making an awful all-in call and hitting a 2-outer.

LOL great analogy. He literally gave Alex a "you fucking really just called off 150bb with KQ"

He was still laughing at Alex even as he proceeded to choose the next question.

Thread Information