Quote Originally Posted by vegas1369 View Post
Thinking he won't tie or break the record at this point is a somewhat realistic POV. Injuries alone will be a giant hindrance to that coming to fruition. However, saying he won't win at least one more is not very realistic at all. He still has at least another 6 years of very good golf in front of him, and then another 3 behind that where he could pull one off. Oldest player to win a major was 48, and that wasn't someone with the talent level of Tiger.

I think he is still very capable of hitting a hot streak again. He has found his swing, just a question of staying healthy. He is simply too good to count him out at this point. I wouldn't be surprised if he wins one this year.

So would you agree he has at best he has another 5-6 year window? I believe he is 39?

Jack who had the talent level (debatably more) won his last at 46 and like Tiger, back problems slowed him down towards the end of his prime.

I obviously agree that his health is the biggest wildcard here. His body has consistently been breaking down now the last 3-4 years. I think that trend will continue.

This is all of course just conjecture and opinion but I just think the combination of the wear and tear his body has taken and the competition, I think its less than even money he wins another one.

It will be 7 years in a few moths since he won his last major. 7 years! Now granted he took off 6 months after the cheating scandal came out and has had injuries that have kept him out of action but after he won his last major in 2008, how many of you would have bet a large amount he would win another before the 2015 Masters? I would have.

I will say his window is closing. If he doesn't win one in the next 3 years or so then it isn't going to happen.

Jack winning at 46 was an anomaly. We're probably never going to see something like that again.