Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Big Time

Cubic Zirconia
    Load Metric

The Big Time

Long time lurker, first time poster.

Just wanted to reintroduce myself. Err, I mean introduce myself. I am tripping all over myself. Leaving a bad first impression.

My name is MAMAk. Hope to make you all proud to have me as part of your circle. Dan Druff and Drexel have made a positive impact upon my life through their work on this site and the other unnamed site.

My point in "outing" myself is one of transparency. After being selfish for so long and reading all the contributions, I figured it time to introduce myself and start to contribute. So here I am!

My first contribution will be a question: How much can we speculate 2+2 lost in income from being off the web recently?

If that is a bad topic, let's talk about the JP Morgan scandal. I believe that JP Morgan handled that issue well.

Go light on me- first post.

Load Metric

Load Metric
    Welcome. More importantly I wonder how many users they lost? I was an infrequent poster there who won't be going back. Mainly because the steps to reset a password that I shouldn't have to reset seem silly.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by LLL View Post
    Welcome. More importantly I wonder how many users they lost? I was an infrequent poster there who won't be going back. Mainly because the steps to reset a password that I shouldn't have to reset seem silly.

First off, welcome MaMak. I used 2+2 as mostly a conduit to move money when online poker was going, or a place to wager juice free on occasion. I basically use a different e-mail for everything. At one time I probably had 4 2+2 accounts, but lost 3 of them during the Micon/Druff handsome actors seducing gf's wars. I only had one left with a mid 2000's date, without the faintest notion of what e-mail I used at the time, and don't know any of the mods. I won't be taken seriously as a new reg in the things I use it for. After everything shakes out, I may be able to get in reinstated just through some non-mods, but respected members, with whom I've gambled and can recite Pm's from and convince, but I'll wait months before even bothering as they are flooded now with such requests, and I was rarely using it anyways without an online poker site to facilitate transfers. I'll lurk if something seems interesting, but I think there will be many who feel like I do, and most will be long time members, as those are the ones most likely to not have access to an old e-mail account. Judging from Mat Sklansky's responses, I think they underestimated how many people would find themselves in this predicament.

As to how much they lost, I haven't a clue, but I'm sure it's significant money. Between returned/credited ad revenue, costs associated to pay good people to fix issue, lost members, I'd have to imagine $75-$100k? Just a total guess.

Cubic Zirconia
    Load Metric
    As to how much they lost, I haven't a clue, but I'm sure it's significant money. Between returned/credited ad revenue, costs associated to pay good people to fix issue, lost members, I'd have to imagine $75-$100k? Just a total guess.[/QUOTE]

That is a ton of money. I feel like there is more to this story. Would the hackers just bring the site down or have they some valuable information they gathered and may use in the future? It's bittersweet because I am sad this happened to many of the people who use their forums but Mason Maldick and David Slutsky had it coming. They are both cocky, self-centered, ugly people. Just my $.02.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Welcome to the forum Mamak.

Yes 75k is a ton of money, but do I think it hurt them at all? Not one bit. I don't think people realize how much money a place like that makes. From ad's to affiliate accounts, I am willing to bet they pull in close to a million a month. I have no idea though what it it costs to run a forum that size.

A really good friend of mine runs and does the books on a forum in Europe. They have a couple ad's from poker rooms, which each pay 1k a month. Then they have about 10 affiliate accounts on different sites. This site is about a fifth the size of 2+2, or possibly smaller, and pulls in around 200k a month.
    Of all the money e'er I had, I spent it in good company

Load Metric
    Let's not forget that $75k number is one pulled totally out of my ass by one of the least tech savvy posters to ever grace the internet. Total guess. I'm just going by the idea that DD has at times gotten like $500 shots for ads, and 2+2 is one of the 30 busiest forums on the net, period, so I'm assuming all the advertisers are getting 1/2 month credit on much bigger numbers. It could be far more or far less. Either way, my guess as serious discussion borders on absurd.

If Druff, or someone who knows about internet ad revenue takes a guess, take that one seriously, but not mine.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    I know for a fact that a friend of mine who used to own a skin on the Everleaf network, asked them about advertising. They came back with a number around 4k a month. Think about how much advertising they have there, and your number of 75k for lost advertising might be spot on.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Also for the 4k a month advertising, I might add that it wasn't front page either. It was the ability to have their own sponsored thread, and something else, I can't remember.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by MAMAk View Post
    Long time lurker, first time poster.

Just wanted to reintroduce myself. Err, I mean introduce myself. I am tripping all over myself. Leaving a bad first impression.

My name is MAMAk. Hope to make you all proud to have me as part of your circle. Dan Druff and Drexel have made a positive impact upon my life through their work on this site and the other unnamed site.

My point in "outing" myself is one of transparency. After being selfish for so long and reading all the contributions, I figured it time to introduce myself and start to contribute. So here I am!

My first contribution will be a question: How much can we speculate 2+2 lost in income from being off the web recently?

If that is a bad topic, let's talk about the JP Morgan scandal. I believe that JP Morgan handled that issue well.

Go light on me- first post.
    Green, great intro if you are a nut hugger.

Red, Drexel has made a positive impact on your life? Are you fucking serious? This guy is a user of people....the list is too long....wake up..ffs

What does title of your thread have anything to do with what you've written.

What do you really care about 2+2? And why?

Cubic Zirconia
    Load Metric
    Let me go against you one by one-

Green, great intro if you are a nut hugger.

I am not a nuthugger, just not afraid to express my thoughts. On the intertwebs, there a lot of tough guys I am not one. Poker should be an emotionless game but posting is different.

Red, Drexel has made a positive impact on your life? Are you fucking serious? This guy is a user of people....the list is too long....wake up..ffs

Drexel has never used me. Wake up! Drexel has provided entertainment and often has interesting viewpoints on topics. Maybe you can not grasp his posts?

What does title of your thread have anything to do with what you've written.

The title means that I am going to start posting and having to deal with people who are antagonistic and internet tough guys. The "big time" is dealing with that and not just lurking anonymously which is the small time.

What do you really care about 2+2? And why?[/QUOTE]

2+2 is considered the greatest poker forum in the history of mankind. Most poker players read that forum since there is a lot of good information available there.

I hope I answered all the questions to your expectations.

I congratulate you for being my first troll.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Drexel hasn't done anything to you?

Did Hitler(yes I'm going there) do anything to you?

More later

You have to be a Euro. Engy second langy? I hope so because otherwise you sound like puff or nerd or a perd
    Last edited by limitles; 05-16-2012 at 08:51 AM.

Walking Image Library
    Load Metric
    Don't mind les. He is in his pre-pre-3rd rehab mode where he hates on anyone who shows even the smallest amount of happiness, fun, or joy.

You no longer enjoy things that you once considered fun and you generally feel more depressed. You have developed a more negative personality and your desire to socialize is less that before.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by bukowski72 View Post
    Don't mind les. He is in his pre-pre-3rd rehab mode where he hates on anyone who shows even the smallest amount of happiness, fun, or joy.

You no longer enjoy things that you once considered fun and you generally feel more depressed. You have developed a more negative personality and your desire to socialize is less that before.
    Name:  correctsir.jpg
Views: 372
Size:  143.2 KB

I'd like to thank Bukowski(pick a decent screen name idiot) for posting more pictures. This one in particular because of the taurine mentioned.

What is it with taurine? (what is it with ovaltine?) It goes in the energy drinks and they help me think more clearly(haven't had one in some time obv.)

Cubic Zirconia
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by limitles View Post

More later

You have to be a Euro. Engy second langy? I hope so because otherwise you sound like puff or nerd or a perd
    i'm neither a puff nor a nerd nor a terd, nor a perd (whatever that is). I am a proud US- American born and bred person to be. Sorry you were pwned but you can bow out easily. Limitles is a turdburgler, he smells his MOMMA's raunchy panties, ohhhhh.... same baseless accusations, turning it around, sorry to stoop to your level!

Thank you, thank you...

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by MAMAk View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by limitles View Post

More later

i'm neither a puff nor a nerd nor a terd, nor a perd (whatever that is). I am a proud US- American born and bred person to be. Sorry you were pwned but you can bow out easily. Limitles is a turdburgler, he smells his MOMMA's raunchy panties, ohhhhh.... same baseless accusations, turning it around, sorry to stoop to your level!
    m
    Thank you, thank you...
    You didn't address the Hitler issue. A perd is part nerd part puff.

Your sentences lack meaning. You are all over the map
    but you're a noob so I'll let you go.......from the south?

Load Metric
    lol @ 2+2 making a million a month

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Pooh View Post
    You don't think so?

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Pooh View Post
    Please let us all know how much you think they make.

Load Metric
    Ok, Draft Day is only banner on the front page of 2+2. How much do you think they are paying? I'm guessing their advertising budget isn't huge.

I can't imagine many people are clicking on the Domino's Pizza ads on the side of the page either.

The top ad is PPA and some affiliate website.

They make all their money from 2+2 magazine and publishing books.

I'd be surprised if the forum makes a couple hundred K a year. I just can't see them getting all that many click thrus on a forum with regular posters.

Thread Information