Page 1 of 17 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: i feel like i should get a drone

Load Metric

i feel like i should get a drone

reason being, i think these current drone models are going to be the 'pre-ban 30 round clips' of the hobby once the legal hammer drops.

im hearing they want to limit range to like 160 yards for starters, cant lose line of site, im even hearing talk of requiring special licenses to fly them.

not to mention, go pro is rad and all but holy shit, a 4k camera on a drone? thats seriously nexteenth level.

Comments

SuperDegen: I feel like a lap band is a better investment
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Skated Thru to PFA WP Title BHS's Avatar
    Load Metric
    I want one too, actually.

This one I think -

http://www.quadrocopter.com/DJI-PHAN...LY_p_1446.html

DJI Phantom 3 pro 4k with Intelligent Orientation Control (IOC)

IOC is designed to help make flying more intuitive. Nominally, the yaw control will allow the Quadcopter to rotate continuously, which can quickly become confusing if you lose track of which way is "front". Suddenly your controls can get mixed up, where pressing right causes the craft to move left and pressing forward causes it move backward. Intelligent Orientation Control prevents this from happening, keeping the "tail" of the Quadcopter pointed roughly toward the pilot at all times.

THUMBS UP

Load Metric

Load Metric
    thats the one im looking at. delivery may 15th tho.

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    Serious question: Anyone know what model micon has?'

That thing is badass. I am still impressed with that Antigua video, and would also look into buying a drone, and doing some fun type of shit like that.

Also, does anyone have experience flying them? Is it comparable to a video game, or remote control helicopter?
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "Only God can judge me. So either LOVE ME or LEAVE ME ALONE"

IG- Changethegame71 tell me more about how much you hate me, even though you know you can't help but follow me

Load Metric
    Only about 1300 for that badboy? Not bad at all. Does anyone know the battery scene on these things? How long can you fly for before they're dead as shit? Do they just lose battery and possibly fail mid flight and just die crashing somewhere? That home button seems fucking sick. Just press it and the thing comes flying back into your hands. I wonder if they have some type of smart battery that calculates the gps to your home button at all times, and makes sure it has enough battery from where it's at, or else it flies home. That would be fucking sick
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "Only God can judge me. So either LOVE ME or LEAVE ME ALONE"

IG- Changethegame71 tell me more about how much you hate me, even though you know you can't help but follow me

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by JUSTIFIEDhomicide View Post

That thing is badass. I am still impressed with that Antigua video, and would also look into buying a drone, and doing some fun type of shit like that.

Also, does anyone have experience flying them? Is it comparable to a video game, or remote control helicopter?
    Micon has a DJI Phantom 2 but I'd bet the farm he will get the Phantom 3 when it comes out in May. The 3 comes with flight simulator software so you can learn to fly without crashing since that thing that is not really a toy.

The Phantom 3 propaganda video really gets the blood pumpin' for me

Load Metric
    Only about 1300 for that badboy? Not bad at all. Does anyone know the battery scene on these things? How long can you fly for before they're dead as shit? Do they just lose battery and possibly fail mid flight and just die crashing somewhere? That home button seems fucking sick. Just press it and the thing comes flying back into your hands. I wonder if they have some type of smart battery that calculates the gps to your home button at all times, and makes sure it has enough battery from where it's at, or else it flies home. That would be fucking sick
    Dude the link from post 2 has all the info - http://www.quadrocopter.com/DJI-PHAN...LY_p_1446.html

The battery is relatively "smart" indeed

Comments

JUSTIFIEDhomicide: thanks man/ this is a really cool hobby

Load Metric
    ONLY $1300? It's a fucking glamorized R/C toy. What a fucking waste of money. I have to give it to that DJI company's marketing department though, since they have seemingly created a craze over the most mundane of products. If I were you, I wouldn't worry about federal regulations because this is a temporary fad that will fade as fast as it arrived. How many overhead landscapes of your local park do you really want to see? I can think of a million better things to do with that sort of money; here's one thing with infinitely more utility: http://www.amazon.com/Kestrel-Talon-...ords=road+bike

Name:  714fj8JNgeL._SL1040_.jpg
Views: 1037
Size:  122.0 KB

have fun manning your "drone"

Banned
    Load Metric
    I waited for years for this technology to mature. Now that it's here, I've lost the enthusiasm.

Still pumped for jetpacks though.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by sonatine View Post
    So what happens if you have it delivered by Amazon Prime and they drop your drone off by.. drone?

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Headshot View Post

Micon has a DJI Phantom 2 but I'd bet the farm he will get the Phantom 3 when it comes out in May. The 3 comes with flight simulator software so you can learn to fly without crashing since that thing that is not really a toy.

The Phantom 3 propaganda video really gets the blood pumpin' for me

the fact that it supports gps guidance and plotting is what put the hooks into me. i mean, i do love filming with my go pro but honestly not having to worry about bumping the camera, all that shit, its kind of a game changer for me.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by 4Dragons View Post
    So what happens if you have it delivered by Amazon Prime and they drop your drone off by.. drone?

wormhole opens.

or closes.

i forget, cmoney has details.

Load Metric
    DJI PHANTOM 3 PRO EDITION... so this thing has a 2km range, which is psychotic... two things bother me tho:

the operating temperatures are 23 to 104 degress. 23, wow cool awesome. but ... 104? umm... thats cutting it kinda close in a lot of places.

also, i cant find what sort of flight time one can expect from a charge, which is disconcerting.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    The DJI Phantom 2 had all kinds of "flyaway" problems. It would just take off for no reason, and either crash or get lost.

I don't know if the 3 fixes that issue, but if it doesn't, I'll wait.

Banned
    Load Metric
    reason being, i think these current drone models are going to be the 'pre-ban 30 round clips' of the hobby once the legal hammer drops.

im hearing they want to limit range to like 160 yards for starters, cant lose line of site, im even hearing talk of requiring special licenses to fly them.

not to mention, go pro is rad and all but holy shit, a 4k camera on a drone? thats seriously nexteenth level.

the only thing you're gonna accomplish buying a drone is maximizing pizza delivery services in your immediate vicinity

not like you're going to leave your cozy lounge chair and your television/interwebs for more than a few minutes at a time

come on man

Load Metric
    Tine relax that drone will be fine flying from your bed to the garage fridge and to the neighbors house to spy on them talking behind your back

Load Metric
    Uh oh me and mort both GOING IN ON YOUR DRONE LIFE SON

Banned
    Load Metric
    Tine will buy a new drone..

fly it ONCE

and then drop back to his lounge chair and post 10 times a day on this pile about all his upcoming 'fishing trips'

I know so many Sea-Doo and JetSki owners who bought their rig and used it once or twice

Tine will not be a very innovative or creative drone owner

he will get bored, settle right back in his cozy computer chair where he spends the bulk of his life posting about various cable shows with enthusiasm

Load Metric
    Wow a not very innovative or creative drone owner sums him up to a t

Comments

SrslySirius: lol

Thread Information