Thread: Druff

Druff

The great Tony Big Charles said you need to kill yourself lol

tony bigcharles @sevencard2003 · 8h 8 hours ago

If I had the money these $20-40 guys had at the table next to me and still played limit instead of real poker I'd kill myself why don't they.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    This must be his mug-shot pose.
    I think there's room for him here, if he
    owns a computer that is.
    Name:  Tony%u00252B%26%2BLightning%5B1%5D%2B(2).JPG
Views: 843
Size:  38.3 KB

Nova Scotia's #1 Party Rocker!!!!11 DJ_Chaps's Avatar
    Load Metric
    Kill yerself anyway Tony, cuz you'll never have their money.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    To be fair, I play 40-80 or 100-200 limit live, so this doesn't apply to me.

Tony has Asperger's. (I'm not speculating or bashing him -- he admits this.)

I once asked him to come on PFA Radio and his response was, "I don't see how that would benefit me."

Load Metric
    Doesn't or hasn't Tony played stratosphere 2-4 limit holdem with a micro roll in his sock?

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post

I once asked him to come on PFA Radio and his response was, "I don't see how that would benefit me."

So many asperger jokes, so little time
    It's hilarious that we as a society think everyone can be a dr, a lawyer, an engineer. Some people are just fucking stupid. Why can't we just accept that?

Load Metric
    I bet he would come on pfa radio for a buffet coupon.

Load Metric
    Bashing a limit player with Aspergers? I know you aren't Druff.

Limit bots are excellent now. However, guys with aspergers have hands to shove the clay back and forth across the line in live limit.

Plutonium Brittney Griner's Clit's Avatar
    Load Metric
    Druff was this when he posted here and I asked you to try to get him on. I woulda chomped in a boo fay coupon.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post

Well he's on PFA now. Hope he enjoys it!

Walking Image Library
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by General Bonkers View Post

If I had the money these $20-40 guys had at the table next to me and still played limit instead of real poker I'd kill myself why don't they.
    I play both NL and Limit, but I favor limit poker live. These type of quotes always make laugh. You can watch a NL table and Limit game at the same time and see the difference. While the NL players talk about all the action and real poker it goes raise fold fold fold. Look at the mid-limit table and every pot is almost $200 or more. All the real poker stuff is in NL player's heads while they spend the day folding like wimps and never having to get in a tough spot.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by General Bonkers View Post

Let me tell you something: the biggest lesson I learned in the bar business is to focus on revenues. Dollars, not dimes.

Druff that makes you worse in TBC's mind, how can you waste money on a game that you can't beat

He would be on the radio show for a $5.50 DON sng stake, he has sat in a 20/40 game just so he could get a free burger in some room and lose $300 while waiting

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    I can't play NL cash for more than an hour without being bored to tears, but I have played LHE sessions as long as 26 hours.

LHE has constant action. With NL, you are folding, folding, folding, and waiting for a spot to get a lot of money in.

I also don't like NL because one hand can make or break the entire session. I like my success being based upon large sample of hands I play to completion, rather than just the results of a few very large pots. I realize that you can achieve this at NL after a ton of hands played, but I find it demoralizing to have an otherwise good session ruined by one big hand that you lose.

At Bellagio a number of years ago, I was playing 10-20 NL. Some semidonk min-raised from early, and I had never seen him do that, and I was pretty sure he had aces, as a lot of rec players do the min-raise with aces thinking that it's the only way to assure a flop being seen. I had QJ in the BB and called, planning to play passively unless I hit 2 pair or better.

Flop Q72

I check/called a typical c-bet.

Turn J

I check-raised all-in, and he snap-called me. We each had about $3k in the pot, making the pot about $6k.

We actually both turned over our hands, even though this wasn't required at cash. He saw my QJ first, and frowned. Flipped over AA.

River 2.

I stood up and left. Didn't even want to continue playing after that.

Not the worst beat in the world, but having hands like that define your session's success or failure is brutal. I had grinded up 1k from a 2k buyin, and now it was all gone, thanks to the 2 on the river.

At LHE, this doesn't happen. When you lose a hand like that at LHE (which actually happens MORE often, because people see hands through more than they do in NL), you aren't losing your entire stack, and you can just shake it off and continue.

Thread Information