Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: *** OFFICIAL *** Adrian Gonzalez owns the first 3 games thread

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    BTW Willie, I hope Carlos Martinez does well.

I have had him on my fantasy team for years, waiting for him to finally not suck.

He is on a pitching-challenged team of mine this year, so I really need him to step it up.

Load Metric
    I'm sure he'll do better than Oscar Taveras, who was one of my keepers/minor league players in a league.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post

I think that Friedman and Zaidi often "overthink odds and statistics" and ignore other factors which can be seen by just stepping back and eyeballing the entire situation from an honest, unbiased standpoint.

The bottom line is that the Dodgers' main reconstruction involved their lineup, and yet the 2014 lineup produced the best non-Colorado run total in the NL. Hanley leaving was inevitable, and Dee Gordon was due for regression, so I'm not saying they should have stood pat. They also had to solve the OF logjam, with Pederson coming up. But while I've agreed with some of Friedman/Zaidi's moves, there are some I already don't like:

- Kemp trade. Bad trade in general, only saved $75 mil, and empowers a division rival which is clearly attempting to win this year.
    - "Fixing" the bullpen by acquiring more washed up, older relievers (so far that's been a FAIL)
    - Giving away the very promising prospect Heaney (obtained for Dee Gordon) for Kendrick, who they will likely keep for 1 year. Dodgers got robbed here.

You can't see it right now, because Adrian Gonzalez smacked 5 HR in 3 games, but the Dodgers have a power hitting problem. Ignore their spring HR, because many of those came against non-Major-League pitchers, and others came against pitchers still fine-tuning their stuff. I've found that pitching results in spring tend to be more indicative of the year's numbers than hitting results. If an unheralded middle reliever has an excellent spring, sign him immediately to a 1-year deal. And then don't give him 3 more years if he pitches well.
    Well, re: spring training, you are taking the conventional wisdom line....but according to an associate of Nate Silver (a mega sabre dude), spring training performance is a limited but valid indicator of regular season performance for major league teams team as a whole....but has little value for individual players....here is the link to the article

http://fivethirtyeight.com/features/...ining-matters/

cliffs re Dodgers: before spring training started, the Dodgers were projected to have one of the better offenses in baseball this year, and their spring training performance indicated the Dodger offense will be better than was projected

so again, the geeks have a different idea about the team and i am inclined to believe them for now...

it will be interesting to see how it plays out on the field this year...and of course, if you turn out to be wrong, you will be trolled

enjoy the season!
    (long before there was a PFA i had my Grenade & Crossbones avatar at DD)

Load Metric
    Name:  +170.jpg
Views: 54
Size:  26.4 KB

Think we found his kryptonite!!

A. Bradley 5 bucks if anyone knows his first name without google!!

LOL

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by badguy23 View Post

LOL
    archie, donate to pfa radio/thread

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by chinamaniac View Post

LOL

LOL good call China!! U obv had some of that +170 tonight or have him on a fantasy team. One of the best kept secrets until today.. He had to beat Kershaw!!

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

LOL good call China!! U obv had some of that +170 tonight or have him on a fantasy team. One of the best kept secrets until today.. He had to beat Kershaw!!
    I knew because in my fantasy baseball league preseason a guy cut verlander a few weeks back and kept bradley before he won a rotation spot and I had to do the transaction

Load Metric

I knew because in my fantasy baseball league preseason a guy cut verlander a few weeks back and kept bradley before he won a rotation spot and I had to do the transaction
    Guy's good!! Now he may be over valued in his next few starts cuz he beat this pos team.. Cha Ching tonight after KC beats Leave it to Weaver we can all dance..

Thread Information