Thread: Work lolz

Load Metric

Work lolz

So I have a new story for the stupid file. I work for a private security company. We hire security officers to work at different client sites. Some of these places are very high security utility plants, nuclear reactors, etc while others are very low security factories or what not.

Our HR manager was leaving at noon today so she asked me if I could interview this guy who would be in about 1:00 today. I obviously say that I will. All of our applicants fill out their application on-line. We then print it out. When they arrive we ask them to verify the information and sign the back of the application. So while they fill the application out they get asked questions like do you have a clear background, do you do drugs, do you have reliable transportation, etc. Then they verify this information is correct before signing it. So twice they have verified it all. Then during the interview process we redundantly ask them many of the same questions, mainly about the background check. So a total of three times they get asked if they have any felonies/misdemeanors, etc.

Anyways I interview this 53 year old guy who is different but will probably be a perfectly fine part time weekend security officer at Energizer Battery factory. He did say odd stuff you should never say in an interview (ex. I ask why he hasn’t worked for 2 years and he says something about it being easier to just collect unemployment) but I thought he would be fine for this very easy essentially do nothing job. After this process we have to fill out two more forms, one is an offer letter and one is a disclosure to do a background check. I go and get these forms and bring them back in. He asks if I have a phone book which I find odd because nothing is required on these forms except personal info. Nonetheless I get him the book. He signs off on the offer letter and background check release. We are just making some small talk and he looks up a phone number. I leave him in the conference room seemingly to make his personal call (maybe for a ride to come get him or something, who knows!). Im out in the reception area putting his paperwork together and can over hear his call. He says something along the lines of paying his fine and talking to his public defender. Immediately Im thinking “what the hell!” I run back to my desk and pull up Casenet and type his info in real quick. After some quick browsing I find out he has a lot of speeding tickets, been divorced three times in a few years, has multiple judgments against him in civil court, etc. The cherry on the sundae is that two weeks ago he was charged with misdemeanor theft (<$500).

I catch him headed out the elevator and ask him if he can come back and chat for a second. I bring him to my office this time. I tell him I just started his preliminary background check and it looks like he was recently charged with theft? He says “yep, I got caught stealing at Wal-Mart!” I ask him if he is pleading guilty or fighting it or anything and he just says “nope, I did it and I will be pleading guilty!” It takes me a few more minutes to get through to him that we cant hire him to be a security officer if he just two weeks ago was caught stealing and arrested! His last point of argument was “I didn’t think it was a felony or a misdemeanor, I just thought it was like a municipal fine.”

What the hell is wrong with people these days!?!?!?!?!?

Anyone else have a LOL story from work?

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by jsearles22 View Post
    So I have a new story for the stupid file. I work for a private security company. We hire security officers to work at different client sites. Some of these places are very high security utility plants, nuclear reactors, etc while others are very low security factories or what not.

Our HR manager was leaving at noon today so she asked me if I could interview this guy who would be in about 1:00 today. I obviously say that I will. All of our applicants fill out their application on-line. We then print it out. When they arrive we ask them to verify the information and sign the back of the application. So while they fill the application out they get asked questions like do you have a clear background, do you do drugs, do you have reliable transportation, etc. Then they verify this information is correct before signing it. So twice they have verified it all. Then during the interview process we redundantly ask them many of the same questions, mainly about the background check. So a total of three times they get asked if they have any felonies/misdemeanors, etc.

Anyways I interview this 53 year old guy who is different but will probably be a perfectly fine part time weekend security officer at Energizer Battery factory. He did say odd stuff you should never say in an interview (ex. I ask why he hasn’t worked for 2 years and he says something about it being easier to just collect unemployment) but I thought he would be fine for this very easy essentially do nothing job. After this process we have to fill out two more forms, one is an offer letter and one is a disclosure to do a background check. I go and get these forms and bring them back in. He asks if I have a phone book which I find odd because nothing is required on these forms except personal info. Nonetheless I get him the book. He signs off on the offer letter and background check release. We are just making some small talk and he looks up a phone number. I leave him in the conference room seemingly to make his personal call (maybe for a ride to come get him or something, who knows!). Im out in the reception area putting his paperwork together and can over hear his call. He says something along the lines of paying his fine and talking to his public defender. Immediately Im thinking “what the hell!” I run back to my desk and pull up Casenet and type his info in real quick. After some quick browsing I find out he has a lot of speeding tickets, been divorced three times in a few years, has multiple judgments against him in civil court, etc. The cherry on the sundae is that two weeks ago he was charged with misdemeanor theft (<$500).

I catch him headed out the elevator and ask him if he can come back and chat for a second. I bring him to my office this time. I tell him I just started his preliminary background check and it looks like he was recently charged with theft? He says “yep, I got caught stealing at Wal-Mart!” I ask him if he is pleading guilty or fighting it or anything and he just says “nope, I did it and I will be pleading guilty!” It takes me a few more minutes to get through to him that we cant hire him to be a security officer if he just two weeks ago was caught stealing and arrested! His last point of argument was “I didn’t think it was a felony or a misdemeanor, I just thought it was like a municipal fine.”

fuck you...
    Me defeating Druff 100 BB heads up - http://youtu.be/LmxTH0rZaLk?t=2h12m35s

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Yebsite View Post
    fuck you...

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Yebsite View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by jsearles22 View Post

fuck you...

"Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    LOL at this guy moralizing on Rush Limbaugh. Guy is a Security Guard.

Comments

Walter Sobchak: your point?

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by tgull View Post

Lol at a 2012 ad hominem attack.

Get a life nominee 2021

Load Metric
    JSEARLES IS GOD

Load Metric
    Back in 2012 it was socially acceptable to be a security guard.

Comments

Sheesfaced: lolz

FRANKRIZZO: all secure

Walter Sobchak: LOL

gimmick:

garrett: lol

nunbeater: lmao
    It's hilarious that we as a society think everyone can be a dr, a lawyer, an engineer. Some people are just fucking stupid. Why can't we just accept that?

Load Metric
    Was tgull in Perth in 2012?

Was he already 1-2 million liquid by then?

Load Metric
    Um...who the hell still has a Phone Book?

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

Wait, what? Yebsite had a Fauci avatar?

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by simpdog View Post
    Was tgull in Perth in 2012?

Was he already 1-2 million liquid by then?
    He doesn't even have 2K let alone 2M

SOBCHAK SECURITY 213-799-7798

PRESIDENT JOSEPH R. BIDEN JR., THE GREAT AND POWERFUL

Load Metric
    Paul Blart persona does fit tho.
    Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.

Ronald Reagan

Thread Information