Thread: Hero pulled the plug on DD?

Load Metric

Hero pulled the plug on DD?

I noticed the last tourney wasn't on Hero, but bitcoins or whatever, but the HERO banner was still up.

Now I see that the banner is gone, too.
    I have a feeling we'll see that here, soon.

Drexel Farewell Tourney Champion, (thanks lew for the password.)

Load Metric
    Dear DonkDonk,

This is just a notice that DonkDown and Hero Poker have decided that this will be the last month of sponsorship. To that end there will be no more DD invitational freerolls for rest of the month. Hero's marketing focus has changed over the past few months and so this was purely a regional marketing decision. To be clear, Hero is still fully committed to all of our player base, but this is more of growth/development issue. I have spoken to Micon about this and we thought it best that I make this closing post as well.

I would like to be clear, while I personally have weighed in on some issues here, Hero Poker, as a sponsor has always understood that we are just a sponsor. To that end, we've never felt that we needed to take a side or really comment on how DD is managed. In actuality, throughout whatever ups and down DD has gone through internally, they have always put us first as a sponsor and it has been much appreciated. So I would like to thank Micon for the support that DD has always provided and given us a chance to be a sponsor in the first place.

A few days I took the time to read through many of the posts here from the last year and mainly through this thread. It brought back a lot of memories of DD and the really difficult time it was back then. And the reality is, in terms of the poker industry, nothing really has changed, the risks are still the same, and I still wouldn't argue against that, even with all the progress and developments. To say that it has been a difficult year for everyone would be an understatement, but being a sponsor of DD has been exciting and eye opening as well as sometimes very fun. I learned a lot about degen humor and had some guides along the way, but in many ways, we end as we have started.

Of course the best times I think were the hardest time and that was at the beginning with Micon, Dandruff and Drexel. I think all three of them know how highly I think of them in both the contribution and their unique characters. When I was a business student in university, our professor asked, 'which is better, to have a team which is all from similar backgrounds or a diverse team?' And ultimately the answer was, 'if you can manage a diverse team, then it's better because the final results while not predictable have benefited from that creative tension' - but all businesses go through a lot of phases and what is good for the 'music, may not be the best for the band'. And that is what will always be difficult in creating something of value. I always knew it was going to be difficult to establish Hero in this climate, but DD was integral to that. While other sponsors may have felt that this was too high risk, for me I figured, if Hero can make it out alive and survive at DD, then we can pretty much survive anything. So sincerely, thank you Donkdown for being a great community and allowing Hero to a sponsor here.

I did want to do some final shout outs to some members who have been really supportive and given me a lot of insight, but I'm really afraid to leave some people out, but you know who you are. I have appreciated your insight greatly in chat and in the threads. If you have any issues at any time, please just email us at marketing@heropoker.com. Of course I still will be tuning in as I have before our sponsorship. I wish everyone the best in all things.

Kind Regards,
    David
    Hero Poker CEO
    TRUMP 2024!

Quote Originally Posted by verminaard View Post
    Just non-stop unrelenting LGBT propaganda being shoved down our throats.

Load Metric
    TBH Heropokerceo was always much nicer to DD than what was warranted. I appreciate the fact that he would actually come to the forum and answer questions. I have a feeling that he was putting a lot more into DD than he was ever going to get in return and decided to call it a day.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    David Jung is a great guy. I trust him more than any of the other Merge skin owners, which is why Hero gets the vast majority of my Merge action.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    I posted "so Hero finally canned you huh?" in the last radio thread and MyCon dodged the post, knew something was up then.

I wouldn't want to be associated with a site that is going to have 10% of the original traffic it had when the deal started either.

I play on Hero all the time, and yes HERO CEO=GOD.

Better put Mycon on suicide watch, this is only the tip of the iceberg.

Banned
    Load Metric
    yup
    Last edited by tyde; 03-06-2012 at 06:13 PM.

Load Metric
    Hopefully CEODAVE will offer Druff some kind of sponsorship.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by NaturalBornHustler View Post
    I posted "so Hero finally canned you huh?" in the last radio thread and MyCon dodged the post, knew something was up then.

I wouldn't want to be associated with a site that is going to have 10% of the original traffic it had when the deal started either.

I play on Hero all the time, and yes HERO CEO=GOD.

Better put Mycon on suicide watch, this is only the tip of the iceberg.

all i can say is "WOW"

excellent!

Karma!

How ya liking it now Martha?

Thread Information