Page 7 of 326 FirstFirst ... 345678910111757107 ... LastLast

Thread: **Official UFC thread**

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by sonatine View Post
    Chad "Money" Mendes
    +125
    I have to think the UFC thought Connor has a better chance against Mendes then Edgar, but I dont think either is a great matchup vs Connor. They're both to small. If Connor is legit he should be able to keep Mendes at length and pick him apart. This is finally the fight where we find out if Connor is legit or not. I think he is and dominates.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by ShadyJ View Post
    Chad "Money" Mendes
    +125
    I have to think the UFC thought Connor has a better chance against Mendes then Edgar, but I dont think either is a great matchup vs Connor. They're both to small. If Connor is legit he should be able to keep Mendes at length and pick him apart. This is finally the fight where we find out if Connor is legit or not. I think he is and dominates.

Valid, but Connor hasnt been inoculated against high level takedowns yet in competition. Connor is clearly talented enough to get there but has he yet? Hard to say.
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric

4 days out from weigh-ins, and probably 20something lbs still to go.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Wow if your estimate of 20+ lbs is accurate. A gallon of water is 8 lbs.
    It seems he's either not making weight, dying from dehydration or your estimate is off.
    You sure on the 20 lbs part?

I had food poisoning once, spewed all my fluids and fell asleep with heater on. Pretty sure I was near death the next morning.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by FPS_Russia View Post
    It seems he's either not making weight, dying from dehydration or your estimate is off.

I had food poisoning once, spewed all my fluids and fell asleep with heater on. Pretty sure I was near death the next morning.

Don't know but....

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2015/7/6/...89-chad-mendes

Comments

simpdog: Good find but I wonder if Chael is embellishing

Load Metric

he was on the decline by the time he hit strikeforce, there just wasnt anyone good enough to expose it. his real glory days were in shooto etc, the japanese orgs.
    It seems like so long ago... how time fucks with the memories.

I thought I agreed with you, then I looked at Gil's record. He fought in Strikeforce, and won their inaugural LHW title, before he ever fought in PRIDE. (Six of his 27 bouts took place in Japan/ 3 Shooto, 3 Pride.) I think we have to include Strikeforce as part of Gilbert's prime/glory days.

Load Metric
    not positive, no, but not far off if wrong. He's a massive 145er as opposed to a Cerrone-sized 155er. with the IV ban looming, guys like him will be moving up sooner than later, probably.

Load Metric

It might be closer to 15lbs by now, but 20 was a good supposition. Nearly all of those lbs is water weight. (Fighters walk around near or at full hydration until beginning their final cut, roughly 24hrs out.)

The last ten-15 will ideally come off day of weigh in though sweat then go right back on as soon as he steps off the scale.

Read this to learn a bit about weight cuts: http://fourhourworkweek.com/2013/05/...ut-weight-ufc/

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by BetCheckBet View Post

Don't know but....

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2015/7/6/...89-chad-mendes
    "I don't know how he's going to do it." Chael Sonnen Wow!

Chael's been cutting weight and been around other guys cutting weight pretty much his entire life. Conor doesn't have a background in wrestling so it's not like he's done this countless times. Perfect recipe for a tragedy. Perhaps there should some rules on in place on cutting weight.

Supposedly "haven't seen it" on UFC embedded Mendes was hyperventilating then holding his breath under water as long as possible. What he was doing was a perfect recipe for a lil known but dangerous phenomenon known as shallow water blackout. Some divers and even a guy who lost his brother to this were on Sherdog freaking out trying to get word to the UFC and Mendes.

Good to know if you have kids or swim frequently.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shallow_water_blackout

Load Metric
    http://www.mmafighting.com/2015/7/7/...source=twitter

McGregor offered Dana and Lorenzo a $3,000,000 bet that he'll knock Mendes out. Gotta give him credit for the confidence edge.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by shortbuspoker View Post
    http://www.mmafighting.com/2015/7/7/...source=twitter

McGregor offered Dana and Lorenzo a $3,000,000 bet that he'll knock Mendes out. Gotta give him credit for the confidence edge.

Pretty amazing hedge; if he cant make weight, he will show up 30 pounds overweight and club Mendes with impunity for a 3m binkjob.

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuntmissioner View Post

It might be closer to 15lbs by now, but 20 was a good supposition. Nearly all of those lbs is water weight. (Fighters walk around near or at full hydration until beginning their final cut, roughly 24hrs out.)

The last ten-15 will ideally come off day of weigh in though sweat then go right back on as soon as he steps off the scale.

Read this to learn a bit about weight cuts: http://fourhourworkweek.com/2013/05/...ut-weight-ufc/
    Interesting and good to know. Conor should be aight if he's not employing any bro science.

Load Metric
    mendes up to +110 and the friday night drunk money isnt even on the table yet.
    +115
    Chad "Money" Mendes
    +125
    Quote Originally Posted by simpdog View Post
    Should jump in the time machine and grab Connor a couple days ago.

Then Mendes tomorrow at +150 or higher.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shizzmoney View Post

Mendes might get to +160 or even +175 by the time this is done.
    McGregor -180
    Mendes +158 at 5dimes right now. Reportedly, the money coming in to the books is hanging steadily at 70% for Conor.

Load Metric
    I really do hate the fact that Conor is going to show up to the fight a good 15+ pounds heavier than Mendes. I hate that a lot.

Load Metric
    I really do hate that I didn't take Connor right away then hedged on fight night.

Could have been a dead easy scalp of likely $250 due to max bets being so low

Load Metric
    I am hammering Mendes hard . Lets the Irish put their life savings on McGregor. It will only will make me more money with Mendes dismantles him.
    :freelewfather

Load Metric
    Mendes +165 @ 5dimes.

edit: back down to +160.
    Last edited by Crowe Diddly; 07-08-2015 at 01:32 PM.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by cmoney View Post
    I am hammering Mendes hard . Lets the Irish put their life savings on McGregor. It will only will make me more money with Mendes dismantles him.
    Name:  wormhole1 sm.gif
Views: 234
Size:  353.6 KB

Comments

adamantium: dat hole

Load Metric
    If Mendes wins the UFC loses big time. I mean everyone cant wait for Mendes/Aldo 3 right? Theres no chance the Billionares arent paying Mendes to not win this fight. Im not sure he could win anyways its just a bad matchup. look at J Jones vs everyone except Gus. He used the huge reach advantage. Conor knows how to use his reach.

How many times has Poirer been knocked out? Then he gets clipped lightly and hes out. He probably got a mill ticket for that. if the fight is on the up n up Mendes still has to win, but if its not he has no chance to win.

Irish money nope that Fertita money cause its going to be like WWE.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by ShadyJ View Post
    If Mendes wins the UFC loses big time. I mean everyone cant wait for Mendes/Aldo 3 right? Theres no chance the Billionares arent paying Mendes to not win this fight. Im not sure he could win anyways its just a bad matchup. look at J Jones vs everyone except Gus. He used the huge reach advantage. Conor knows how to use his reach.

How many times has Poirer been knocked out? Then he gets clipped lightly and hes out. He probably got a mill ticket for that. if the fight is on the up n up Mendes still has to win, but if its not he has no chance to win.

Irish money nope that Fertita money cause its going to be like WWE.
    As weird as that Poirer KO was, the UFC's still totally legit imo. If Mendes is taking a snooze in the opening minutes that'll be epic. Conor may very well hit really fuckin hard. Saw a Mendes interview, my read is plan A he may try to KO Conor standing, plan B wrestle, oh shit maybe the fix is in. (;

Oh and Lawler is a lock imo.

Thread Information