Page 6 of 326 FirstFirst ... 23456789101656106 ... LastLast

Thread: **Official UFC thread**

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by sonatine View Post
    mendes hugsurfing to the W is by no means an exotic scenario.

conor has literally fought zero (0) real grapplers to date and has been drilling striking up until now.
    I've been telling folks that Conor's biggest problem won't be Aldo.....that it would be Frankie Edgar (for this very reason). Plus, Frankie is probably the most mentally tough guy he'll ever fight; the kid from Jersey won't be fazed by some belligerent Irishman talking stupid shit.

I like Conor over Mendes because Mendes has had issues with a fighter who has greater length than him like Aldo. I think Mendes is a live dog, but will only fire if I can get +125 and above (which I doubt I will get unless irrational Euro money comes in heavy on Conor).

Conor's only loss was by submission, so you know that a grappler is probably the most likely guy to beat him. It will either be Mendes or Edgar, IMO.

Mendes is currently +105 over at Bovada.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Shizzmoney View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by sonatine View Post
    mendes hugsurfing to the W is by no means an exotic scenario.

conor has literally fought zero (0) real grapplers to date and has been drilling striking up until now.
    I've been telling folks that Conor's biggest problem won't be Aldo.....that it would be Frankie Edgar (for this very reason). Plus, Frankie is probably the most mentally tough guy he'll ever fight; the kid from Jersey won't be fazed by some belligerent Irishman talking stupid shit.

I like Conor over Mendes because Mendes has had issues with a fighter who has greater length than him like Aldo. I think Mendes is a live dog, but will only fire if I can get +125 and above (which I doubt I will get unless irrational Euro money comes in heavy on Conor).

Conor's only loss was by submission, so you know that a grappler is probably the most likely guy to beat him. It will either be Mendes or Edgar, IMO.

Mendes is currently +105 over at Bovada.

Totally agreed re Edgar, and I expect a ton of action going on Conor at the wire simply because people dont regard Mendes as any sort of threat to Aldo so that logic sort of extends to Conor, which I think is a huge mistake.

Conor is amazing but if Mendes can nail one takedown in the first round, Conor's gameplan goes directly to shit once he starts to tone it down to avoid the double. Im going to put a little money on Mendes at better than +165, and I think we will get there.
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    mendes up to +110 and the friday night drunk money isnt even on the table yet.

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    +115

Load Metric
    Chad "Money" Mendes
    +125

Load Metric
    Should jump in the time machine and grab Connor a couple days ago.

Then Mendes tomorrow at +150 or higher.

Load Metric
    What do people think about Lawler vs Rory?

When the fight was announced the odds were pretty close but now Rory listed as a huge fav.

Load Metric
    huh! i was expecting lawler smash.

Load Metric
    Rory will dominate

the fight and OSA's fantasies

Load Metric
    11:55p
    Chad "Money" Mendes
    +130

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Aldo almost got popped, pee was in the cup. They had the doping official arrested lol. He's like Overeem he needs juice to win. Instead of losing Aldo decided to claim injured "real or not who cares". He's probably going to be in the middle of the Brazilian jungle getting in a good cycle. Serena Williams and Rafa Nadal do the I'm injured and then go juice routine quite a bit. Needless to say they come back and kick some ass.

Connor got UA'ed and blood drawn, so he's at most micro dosing, not good. I have a feeling Connor may have one of those "off nights" aka no juice. If Connor is actually full natty, can he avoid the take down. Not many can...

Watched Mendes v Aldo 2 the other day. Mendes kicked his ass IMO, Aldo's face looked like hamburger. Mendes was just walking thru monster blows, face not even really showing injury. Just didn't seem natural.

I think Mendes may of been ready for this possibility and got in a proper cycle, he looked superhuman verses Aldo 2. Looked like a baseball bat to the dome wouldn't phase him. Def. seemed odd.

I feel Frankie Edgar is washed up but still has entertainment value. He can take it all five and make em sweat the decision but he's not finishing anyone. I don't see him being a real threat.

I HOPE Connor stuffs every takedown, and just drops bombs on Mendes's face all night and ends the fight in devastating fashion.

I THINK Connor is in for a long night of defending take downs, being pinned against the cage and being on his back taking punishment. Mendes may even be able to kick Connor's ass standing. Mendes wins in the 3rd by TKO.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by BetCheckBet View Post
    I think its an unbet-able fight, IMO. The only thing I might consider is over rounds, and that will prob have heavy juice.

Mendes might get to +160 or even +175 by the time this is done. Conor is exciting from a "line movement" perspective

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Gilbert Melendez is the latest to get hit up with a 1 year ban for testing positive for an illegal substance after UFC 188.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by BeerAndPoker View Post
    Gilbert Melendez is the latest to get hit up with a 1 year ban for testing positive for an illegal substance after UFC 188.
    He got popped for testosterone.

Motherfucker is lucky, in a way. If his fight was a few days later, he'd be looking at multiple years.

lolgiblertments.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by BeerAndPoker View Post
    Gilbert getting popped even surprised me and I think almost everyone is juicing. OTOH his opponent Eddie Alvarez, blatant juicer.

If I was a UFC fighter I'd hire Tour de France caliber cycling coach/trainer, tell him fuck the bicycling, your in charge of PED cycling.

Load Metric
    thats so fucking sad...

best fighter with the worst record. he needed to get into the ufc a decade sooner and it just wasnt there.

fuck.

Load Metric
    just looked back to see just how long giblert has been around. I knew he was original strikeforce, but his debut was WEC 5 in 2002. He averaged about 2 fights a year since his debut, some years with 3, a bunch of 1 fight years, so a year off ain't really terrible, all things considered. I think he got paid well from strikeforce, and he's one of the few real success stories of free agency in mma, when he hired himself a real agent and had bellator jacking the price way over anything the UFC would have considered under any other circumstances.

i didnt see anything about a fine, or did I miss it?

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Crowe Diddly View Post
    just looked back to see just how long giblert has been around. I knew he was original strikeforce, but his debut was WEC 5 in 2002. He averaged about 2 fights a year since his debut, some years with 3, a bunch of 1 fight years, so a year off ain't really terrible, all things considered. I think he got paid well from strikeforce, and he's one of the few real success stories of free agency in mma, when he hired himself a real agent and had bellator jacking the price way over anything the UFC would have considered under any other circumstances.

i didnt see anything about a fine, or did I miss it?

he was on the decline by the time he hit strikeforce, there just wasnt anyone good enough to expose it. his real glory days were in shooto etc, the japanese orgs.

Platinum
    Load Metric

The first Conor interview I like. I hope he can pull off a miracle

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by BetCheckBet View Post

When the fight was announced the odds were pretty close but now Rory listed as a huge fav.
    Rory by lay and pray. He took Lawler down easily in the 1st fight. Im sure the game plan is nothing but takedowns.

Thread Information