Page 322 of 326 FirstFirst ... 222272312318319320321322323324325326 LastLast
Results 6,421 to 6,440 of 6512

Thread: **Official UFC thread**

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by JeffDime View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperDegen View Post

What do you mean by trend? Stipe has been considered the underdog many times and has proven otherwise consistently. I know you are a bit of a sharp, curious what makes you say that.
    Not talking about what has happened in the past. You are right. Talking about the bigger money bets going Ngannou and the smaller (public) bets going towards Stipe. Line holding for Francis. But In the end not enough for me to bet big on this thing.
    How do you have access to that information? Not saying you don't. Just want a source if you can provide one.

Load Metric
    Almost 2/3 of money on Ngannou. Only 3/5 of total bets. Not inside information. That’s why the line is where it is. I don’t do much UFC. You may have a better feel for the fighters than me. I’m just looking at the numbers. Which are close and could be wrong with one punch in the first 30 secs. I’ll prob put a small bet on Ngannou. But just for the sweat.

Comments

SuperDegen: insight

Load Metric
    Nice call.

Idk how they're calling for Ngannou vs Jones when Miocic and Ngannou both have a win over each other, and Miocic was the defending champion.

I guess its a bigger payday long term, if Jones loses you can still throw him to Miocic afterwards. I don't think Miocic should have to fight his way back up to title contention however.

Comments

JeffDime: Agree 100%

Load Metric
    https://wwos.nine.com.au/news/mma-st...3-19ed2dc518f5

MMA fans have been stunned by another gruesome injury after former Olympic wrestler Khetag Pliev lost a finger during a Cage Fury Fighting Championship bout.

Up against Devin Goodale, Pliev's fight was called off when his corner noticed that his left ring finger had gone missing at some point during the second round.

"It wasn't a compound fracture, a break, it wasn't a dislocation, a break, a laceration," ex-WWE star C.M. Punk said on commentary. "His finger was just gone. It's gone."

Pliev's ring finger was unable to be located for a while, with a PA announcement made to ask fans to look for it, before it was found in his glove.

"I can't remember anything, I don't know," Goodale told The Guardian when asked about his opponent's missing finger.

"I got hit by something big, I don't remember what happened. I'm just being honest.

"I don't remember what happened. I'll have to watch the tape myself, I don't remember anything."

The 37-year-old was quickly transported to the hospital and had his finger successfully reattached, but was still unhappy with the result, which was officially ruled a TKO.

According to ESPN's Marc Raimondi, Pliev was left more frustrated that the fight was stopped as opposed to actually losing his finger.

Name:  Capteeeeure.JPG
Views: 384
Size:  41.8 KB

Load Metric
    1st two fights both ended with gruesome leg injuries. The crowd is buzzing. 3 championships to go. Great night
    It's hilarious that we as a society think everyone can be a dr, a lawyer, an engineer. Some people are just fucking stupid. Why can't we just accept that?

PFA Radio Co-Host
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by jsearles22 View Post
    1st two fights both ended with gruesome leg injuries. The crowd is buzzing. 3 championships to go. Great night
    Absolutely wild night. Thug Rose with the assassination kick to the head.

Load Metric
    A singularly memorable night for a lot of reasons. First off, 3 title fights and the card was over in under 2.5 hours is nuts. We saw the best dropfoot madness since Chandler and Brent Primus in Bellator years ago.We got a legit Joe Theisman LOOK AWAY WHY ARE THEY SHOWING REPLAYS Corey Hill event in the Weidman fight etc so forth

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Crowe Diddly View Post
    A singularly memorable night for a lot of reasons. First off, 3 title fights and the card was over in under 2.5 hours is nuts. We saw the best dropfoot madness since Chandler and Brent Primus in Bellator years ago.We got a legit Joe Theisman LOOK AWAY WHY ARE THEY SHOWING REPLAYS Corey Hill event in the Weidman fight etc so forth
    Best fight card I remember in a long long time top to bottom.
    It's hilarious that we as a society think everyone can be a dr, a lawyer, an engineer. Some people are just fucking stupid. Why can't we just accept that?

Load Metric

Comments

OSA: Guy is a mush
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    Decent card tonight and we get zero comments on PFA. Sad day

Prelims had a :07 KO where the winner proceeds to blow out his knee celebrating. Main card kicks off with a gruesome arm injury which is always good TV. Nate Diaz gets beat up for 24 minutes but nearly pulls a shocking upset in the last minute with blood everywhere. Moreno becomes the first Mexican UFC champ in a fantastic fight to watch. Then Izzy cruises in a snoozer. He’s just too good

Comments

shoeshine box: had Moreno. did good tonite..

Load Metric
    first Mexican UFC champ

Cain Velasquez tho?

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric

Prelims had a :07 KO where the winner proceeds to blow out his knee celebrating. Main card kicks off with a gruesome arm injury which is always good TV. Nate Diaz gets beat up for 24 minutes but nearly pulls a shocking upset in the last minute with blood everywhere. Moreno becomes the first Mexican UFC champ in a fantastic fight to watch. Then Izzy cruises in a snoozer. He’s just too good
    Nate Diaz needs to reevaluate his career. Seriously he’s becoming a UFC version of a jobber in the WWE goes out there and gets paid to get his ass kicked and everybody knows it I’m afraid.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by sonatine View Post
    first Mexican UFC champ

Cain Velasquez tho?
    Born in America to an American born Mother. Went to school in Iowa. Sadly his Mexicard was revoked.

Comments

sonatine:

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryback_feed_me_more View Post

Nate Diaz needs to reevaluate his career. Seriously he’s becoming a UFC version of a jobber in the WWE goes out there and gets paid to get his ass kicked and everybody knows it I’m afraid.
    He hadn’t fought in 2 years. You can beat me up for a few million every few years.

Hell Donald Cerrone has been a punching bag for a long time. They let the big names fight as long as they want to.

Load Metric
    yeah im inclined to agree, diaz has years left on him if he avoids these apex technical kickboxers.

which means those are the only fights hes going to take of course but w/e.

honestly id fucking love to see nick strap on some gloves and go ham with retro acts.

Load Metric
    Demian Maia has said he would like his last UFC fight to be vs Nate Diaz

https://twitter.com/falcon_punches/status/1404332197708931082

Load Metric
    if they had a low key agreement to make it a grappling match, id actually pay for that event.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by garrett View Post
    Demian Maia has said he would like his last UFC fight to be vs Nate Diaz

https://twitter.com/falcon_punches/status/1404332197708931082
    Of course he would, that's the fight that would make him the most money.

Comments

garrett: I like it two BJJ black belt tacticians should be great matchup

Gold
    Load Metric
    yeah im inclined to agree, diaz has years left on him if he avoids these apex technical kickboxers.

honestly id fucking love to see nick strap on some gloves and go ham with retro acts.
    I love Nate Diaz but he’s done. Got ass kicked! He will get whooped by all Top 10! Non competitive landed a lucky punch and blew his chance to win by taunting rather than attacking.

Nate Diaz should only be taking “Money Fights” at this point, should try to fight Mcgregor round 3

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by NickyPipes View Post

I love Nate Diaz but he’s done. Got ass kicked! He will get whooped by all Top 10! Non competitive landed a lucky punch and blew his chance to win by taunting rather than attacking.

Nate Diaz should only be taking “Money Fights” at this point, should try to fight Mcgregor round 3

the thing is, hes so fucking good at what he does and there are so many gatekeeper fights for him to put on clinics.

i dont watch him to fight because i think he can string together a title run, i watch him because hes a force of fuckin nature.

id rather watch him twist some bellator champions neck than watch literally any top ten matchup in the ufc right now. and yeah thats on me, ive kinda lost my interest in the sport, but nates just one of those cats ill find a way to watch if possible.

conor too tbh.

but youre not wrong, sooner or later the damage is going to take too long to heal and/or get too severe in general and hes going to be forcibly put to pasture. i wont complain when it happens and i hope he mauls nerds at abu dhabi for literally ever.

Thread Information