Page 296 of 326 FirstFirst ... 196246286292293294295296297298299300306 ... LastLast
Results 5,901 to 5,920 of 6512

Thread: **Official UFC thread**

Load Metric
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Early line on Conor vs Khabib on Bovada:

Conor +130
    Khabib -160

I'm gonna probably jump on Conor now, but I also want the KO prop too
    http://www.miraclecovers.com

"Donk down, that’s what you say to someone after they have lost 28K straight?" - Phil Hellmuth, online

Silver
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Shizzmoney View Post
    Early line on Conor vs Khabib on Bovada:

Conor +130
    Khabib -160

I'm gonna probably jump on Conor now, but I also want the KO prop too
    It opened way higher, which is surprising since the oddsmakers know how retarded Conor's followers are. I think you could of had +200 or more.

Diaz a pretty good dog to. I thought the opening Conor line was ridic as well but its been bet down pretty good now.

Load Metric
    diaz is going to break dustin early and conor is going to absolutely fold nurm if nurm spends a single second of his in-cage life not shooting for the double.

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    I'm expecting that late Irish fan boy money making Khabib a bet on fight night.

As for this card tonight a few interesting fights so far and ahead but LOL at this female fight being on the main card.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Moicano is the real deal guys he made Cub Swanson look completely irrelevant.

Comments

sonatine: brb mortgaging house

Bronze
    Load Metric
    Cejudo coming out to drexels music

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    holy shit DJ lost

"Donk down, that’s what you say to someone after they have lost 28K straight?" - Phil Hellmuth, online

Bronze
    Load Metric
    Trilogy

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Very surprised but tough fight to call.

Henry didn't do much on the ground but he put DJ there enough to seal it in the judges eyes.

Now Henry is calling out the winner of Dillashaw vs Garbrandt since DJ didn't move up to fight them.

DJ only lost cause I put him in a few parlays lol

Silver
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Erin Micunt View Post
    Trilogy

Pretty weird for a UFC PPV card to actually have a good fight on it. Everyone is in a state of shock. If they had an ounce of decency the next 72 PPV events would be free after robbing their fans with their bullshit events for the past year or so.

Load Metric
    tj just has his fucking number.

honestly i consider cody the better fighter just in terms of tactics but he doesnt seem emotionally disciplined to stick with him. he just gets amped hurting tj and thinks he can fade the counter. he cant fade the counter.

Comments

BeerAndPoker: 100% agreed

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by sonatine View Post
    tj just has his fucking number.

honestly i consider cody the better fighter just in terms of tactics but he doesnt seem emotionally disciplined to stick with him. he just gets amped hurting tj and thinks he can fade the counter. he cant fade the counter.
    Cody has serious power but he's incredibly reckless and it's proven to be a recipe for disaster against someone as talented as TJ.

Load Metric
    yeah hes just mentally weak.

Load Metric
    not like 'dumb', but this is the guy who literally grabbed tj by the throat in the hallway on tuf. tj just fucking owns him mentally/emotionally.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Cody has a leak that he overloads too much when trying to throw the left hook, leaving his chin out there like a juicy tenderloin. He's had it since his early days.

Thing is, he was doing ok initially when he was throwing kicks and punches, because it forced him to move. But in the end, he's a brawler, and he can't help himself, and TJ eats these kinda guys up. The Assuncao/Cruz types are the ones who give TJ problems, because they are technical enough to make him become the brawler and chase.

Load Metric
    TJ is a far more polished fighter than Garbrandt, that first sequence where he tripled up on his counter right is really high level striking. Garbrandt is fast as hell but TJ is the better fighter. TJ is so fucking good, like him or hate him.

https://twitter.com/twitter/statuses...66424466935810

I think Garbrandt has his hands full with the top guys in the division, they are are more refined than him. Moraes, Rivera and Assuncao are all favourites over Cody in my opinion.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Shizzmoney View Post
    Cody has a leak that he overloads too much when trying to throw the left hook, leaving his chin out there like a juicy tenderloin. He's had it since his early days.

Thing is, he was doing ok initially when he was throwing kicks and punches, because it forced him to move. But in the end, he's a brawler, and he can't help himself, and TJ eats these kinda guys up. The Assuncao/Cruz types are the ones who give TJ problems, because they are technical enough to make him become the brawler and chase.
    I agree, although I do believe TJ clearly won the fight vs Assuncao and the Cruz fight was a coin flip. I think TJ plays with Cruz in a rematch. The Moraes vs Dillashaw fight is the one I want to see. Let Rivera and Garbrandt fight to get back into contention.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by peter mcneil View Post

I feel like this tells the other story tho; Garbrandt smells blood and loses his cool. Garbrandt scored a knockdown on TJ and from that moment on, he just caught retarded and started walking into shots. And also I'm hesitant to give TJ a whole lot of credit considering Garbrandt looked like he was moving at 70% after the first time it happened. I guess what I'm saying is, the whole fight was that first exchange where he put TJ on his ass, then rushed in to mug TJ because lol feelings, and TJ had already recovered enough to surgically push his shit in. From that exchange on, Garbrandt fought like a drunk.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by sonatine View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by peter mcneil View Post

I feel like this tells the other story tho; Garbrandt smells blood and loses his cool. Garbrandt scored a knockdown on TJ and from that moment on, he just caught retarded and started walking into shots. And also I'm hesitant to give TJ a whole lot of credit considering Garbrandt looked like he was moving at 70% after the first time it happened. I guess what I'm saying is, the whole fight was that first exchange where he put TJ on his ass, then rushed in to mug TJ because lol feelings, and TJ had already recovered enough to surgically push his shit in. From that exchange on, Garbrandt fought like a drunk.
    But he didn't do a lot different than every other fight. He drops his left everytime he loads up on his right and follows it with a left hook. TJ caught him with the exact same shot in the first fight. Even in the Cruz fight that Garbrandt dominated watch his left drop, it's sloppy technique. He just happens to be fast enough to get away with it vs most guys, he's even faster than TJ but TJ is far more technical. Cody always sits in the pocket and throws bombs, not just against TJ.

TJ has looked unbelievable in his career, he's good everywhere and he's ruined guys on incredible runs like Barao and Garbrandt. I don't find TJ likable but he deserves some credit, he's a beast. Wrestles well, very technical standup and can punch as well as kick. Cody is a tough fucker but TJ is a much better fighter.

Comments

sonatine: totally fair

Sidewinder: A+ Description of Cody in this fight.

Thread Information