Page 294 of 326 FirstFirst ... 194244284290291292293294295296297298304 ... LastLast
Results 5,861 to 5,880 of 6512

Thread: **Official UFC thread**

Diamond
    Load Metric
    I saw Brock at the new T-Mobile Arena, I think the last time he was able to fight.

My friends were sitting all the way at the top and they were able to see Lesnar's tattoo's on his back.

Guy is a humongous beast and will beat Cormier, assuming this isn't rigged.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by OSA View Post
    I saw Brock at the new T-Mobile Arena, I think the last time he was able to fight.

My friends were sitting all the way at the top and they were able to see Lesnar's tattoo's on his back.

how do you see that happening exactly, considering he can barely walk forward for 5 straight minutes without gassing?
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    this is kinda funny. USADA has always tested people who had already failed tests while they are still under suspension.

But Jon Jones has yet to be tested at all this year. Not once.

Name:  bones.png
Views: 266
Size:  44.7 KB

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by sonatine View Post

how do you see that happening exactly, considering he can barely walk forward for 5 straight minutes without gassing?
    What do you think odds would be on this ?

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Tellafriend View Post

What do you think odds would be on this ?

+240 lesnar

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Diamond
    Load Metric

I am expecting Brock to dislocate Cormier's jaw in 3 different places within the first 2 rounds. If he can't then its Cormier fight.

Ariel Helwani said that DC is #2 best of all time, behind GSP. Do you agree?

Load Metric
    prime gsp would get lit the fuck up by a lot of fighters today.

im sure gsp is the greatest at something but theres a lot of room for interpretation regarding what.

im really not sure jones hasnt earned that honor, pains me to say.

anderson would be a contender too.

dc fights smart but you know, he reminds me of rousey before holly harvested her soul through her jaw. that 'oh shit im a striker now' luckboxing where hes just coin flipping his way through counter strikers. so yeah meh.

dc is a great, talented, smart fighter, im not trying to take that away from him.

but p4p im giving mighty mouse the nod over dc, i think.

Load Metric
    I’m an admitted neophyte here but I will gladly put $5k on Brock +240. Giddy up.

Load Metric

im sure gsp is the greatest at something but theres a lot of room for interpretation regarding what.

dc fights smart but you know, he reminds me of rousey before holly harvested her soul through her jaw. that 'oh shit im a striker now' luckboxing where hes just coin flipping his way through counter strikers. so yeah meh.

dc is a great, talented, smart fighter, im not trying to take that away from him.

The answer is Bones Jones and it isnt really even close. He's never lost a fight in the ring. You're strongly considering DC and Jones has beat him twice. Sure his life is a train wreck out of the ring. Sure he has failed doping tests. But to me its like the steriods era in baseball. McGwire and Sosa and Bonds are still all time greats. Asterisks maybe but still all time greats. Jones is the best fighter ever. He's never lost a fight. Hes never been beat. The one L on his record after he knocked a guy out cold and they said it was an illegal elbow.
    It's hilarious that we as a society think everyone can be a dr, a lawyer, an engineer. Some people are just fucking stupid. Why can't we just accept that?

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by jsearles22 View Post

The answer is Bones Jones and it isnt really even close. He's never lost a fight in the ring. You're strongly considering DC and Jones has beat him twice. Sure his life is a train wreck out of the ring. Sure he has failed doping tests. But to me its like the steriods era in baseball. McGwire and Sosa and Bonds are still all time greats. Asterisks maybe but still all time greats. Jones is the best fighter ever. He's never lost a fight. Hes never been beat. The one L on his record after he knocked a guy out cold and they said it was an illegal elbow.
    im not strongly considering dc but everything you said factored into my decision.

however.

how many rounds has mighty mouse lost in his career?

jones has looked profoundly mortal on many occasions and i cant remember the last time mighty mouse was even in significantly disadvantageous position in the octogon.

like thats so nuts to me.

he has no flash to him, he just gets in there and does literally everything three or four levels better than anyone else in his weight class, and his weight class is competitive.

people front on him because he makes it look so easy, and because his style isnt flashy and doesnt take a lot of chances because he simply never needs to.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Haven't been in here in a while, I see you guys still appreciate the significance of PED's in every fight, yw. They better give Lesnar 6 months of heavy PED testing. I bet he's planning on taking that first test and the second USADA leaves doing a micro dose of testost, If i was USADA i'd throw the first test out the window and get another the next day. Same thing the next time.
    I don't think USADA has the balls to do that tho but he still will be significantly weaker.

Where's dos santos, cain and werdum I'm going to have to google em and holy fuck I bet machida's brain is pure hamburger, brutal.
    Last edited by FPS_Russia; 07-08-2018 at 03:21 PM.

Silver
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Crowe Diddly View Post
    So if Brock is gonna fight in November, that means one of 3 things has happened/is happening. The first is that the UFC got USADA to just look the other way on part of his suspension, which seems like the least likely thing USADA would agree to, as it would kill their credibility dead. The second is that Brock Lesnar is already in the USADA testing pool and hasn't been tested yet, which also seems extremely unlikely and completely counter to how USADA handled him last time when they had him tested within the first 24 hours of his entering the testing pool. This would also kill their credibility. The 3rd possibility is that Brock is already in the pool and is being tested but for some reason (a deal with the UFC and WWE probably?) they are keeping that under wraps for now, which is totally against how transparent they always claim to be as far as who gets tested and when.

But if they want to put Brock in a heavyweight title match, I'll all for it. I've never had anything but a great time on nights Brock fights. There's nobody else even close to as interesting, and who's the next most deserving guy, Curtis Blaydes? No thanks, not yet anyway.

Pretty sure he just fails the test after the fight and no one gives a fuck, especially since DC will prob be favored and probably win.

Not sure how you stay in the pool and test clean until after the fight, but it seems like it happens a lot. I'm sure Lesnar still owes the 250k he was fined for post fight results, etc

I'm sure you know he answer to how all this works and maybe could explain to me how so many people get DQ'd AFTER the fight

Silver
    Load Metric
    I’m an admitted neophyte here but I will gladly put $5k on Brock +240. Giddy up.
    The guy is so big and strong it looks like the world is drawing dead against him, but they aren't. Look at his record. Pretty sure he got beat while roided out (pre-USADA) and tested positive his last fight.

We all see what you see, but don't think it translates into anything else but big PPV buys and a not so interesting fight...

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sidewinder View Post

I'm sure you know he answer to how all this works and maybe could explain to me how so many people get DQ'd AFTER the fight
    Mostly its no more complicated than the fact these drug tests go thru the same labs every other comprehensive drug test goes thru, and therefore takes 2+ weeks to come back in the best of times. Think of Brock and Jon Jones failing in june or july or august of 2016. That was when almost all olympic trials everywhere were running all their drug tests, followed by actual Olympic testing, clogging up almost all drug labs everywhere. Drug tests were taking 3+ weeks around then. In those circumstances, no matter what you take, the fight will still occur, and the results will come back afterwards.

I know they were talking about weed, but back in the day, Frank Shamrock made a comment before the Nick Diaz fight about how Nick was going to fail the drug test, and Nick was all 'They're gonna let us fight regardless...'
    Last edited by Crowe Diddly; 07-08-2018 at 07:50 PM.

Silver
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by jsearles22 View Post

Wasn't he the one that hid under the ring for like 2 or 3 hours when USADA showed up to test him at the gym? Apologies if it wasn't him but I thought it was.

I love watching his old fights, it's tough when it seems like everyone was dosing but not everyone got caught.

There are some guys that might be a part of this conversation but they never fucking fight so who knows? Connor, Woodley, Holloway, Ferguson never fight so who even knows where they belong in the conversation? I tend to like the current active fighters for this conversation like Mighty Mouse or DC because I think the game keeps changing and everyone keeps getting better and I don't even remember what GSP looks like, much less the last time he fought someone. I think he's fought once in 5 years.

I don't get this sport at all, but I am a big fan.

Comments

Crowe Diddly: Bones under the cage while USADA waited is accepted truth at this point.

Load Metric
    Be interesting to see how the biological passport stuff shakes out in the future. USADA stores all their samples, be fun in a few years when we find out who was really on the undetectable shit.

Load Metric

I am expecting Brock to dislocate Cormier's jaw in 3 different places within the first 2 rounds. If he can't then its Cormier fight.

Ariel Helwani said that DC is #2 best of all time, behind GSP. Do you agree?

Lets not forget one important aspect.. Only JBJ has EVER beaten DC (and one has to wonder now given him pissing hot that he wasn't loaded when he fought DC the first time before USADA took over testing and TRT went out the window).. Lesner is a cheat period.. The guy was a roider in WWE and got caught pissing hot against of all people the MMA God of New Zealand himself whos basically a career .500 fighter.. If you have to juice to beat Mark Hunt wtf makes you think hes gonna beat DC?? All these folks were convinced DC was going down to Oezdemir and it didn't happen..

Load Metric
    Any chance we can get Lesnar to defend the WWE's Doritio's title while he's at it.. Considering the guy seems to be nothing but a hype machine anymore I get that wrestling is fake but JFC the dude has only had a handful of matches 'defending' his Nacho Title Belt in the past year+.. Its embarrassing that Vince lets this go on..Yes the crowd hates Reigns so just put the belt on that 375lb Mountain redneck then..anythings better then the clusterfuck that is the WWE Nacho Cheese Title situation..

Load Metric

Load Metric

Thread Information