Page 291 of 326 FirstFirst ... 191241281287288289290291292293294295301 ... LastLast
Results 5,801 to 5,820 of 6512

Thread: **Official UFC thread**

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by sah_24 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by simpdog View Post
    lots of decent stoppages tonight.

Machida almost killed Belfort who retired after the KO.

That front kick was luls, idk wtf vitor was trying to do
    Vitor is a counter-puncher. He was waiting for a punch to counter, as he always does.

Silver
    Load Metric
    UFC 225 looks pretty decent. I dk how they got any buys for this card.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    UFC 224 was so bad but had a few decent finishes. It was nice seeing Machida going old school against his fellow countryman and juicer.

Bellator's free card with the Bader and Pico finishes was alright for what it is.

Load Metric
    I felt bad for Pennington in the main event... Nunes was kicking her ass for 4 rounds, and going into the 5th she told her corner she'd had enough (plus a smashed nose taboot)... her corner made her go back out in the 5th to fnish the ass-whooping. I knew it's the corner's job to motivate their fighter, but there was ZERO way she was gonna win the fight... they are their to protect them as well

Silver
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by WSPreadHead View Post
    I felt bad for Pennington in the main event... Nunes was kicking her ass for 4 rounds, and going into the 5th she told her corner she'd had enough (plus a smashed nose taboot)... her corner made her go back out in the 5th to fnish the ass-whooping. I knew it's the corner's job to motivate their fighter, but there was ZERO way she was gonna win the fight... they are their to protect them as well
    Had to be some sort of bonus in her contract from UFC if she went the distance. Her nose was broken and her corner told her to man up and go finish. WTF

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Throwing in the towel/quitting is looked frowned upon in MMA that fighters, coaches just don't want do it....esp in a title fight. And while granted MMA its fair share of "one time shot" comebacks by beaten fighters, more often than not, they KO/kicked the shit out it even more than they should have, that it effects future performances in their career.

There is no shame (minus the trolls) when a boxer's corner, or a boxer, throws in the towel. Because people have died from that shit; no one had in big MMA yet, so the culture continues until there's a case where it goes too far.
    http://www.miraclecovers.com

"Donk down, that’s what you say to someone after they have lost 28K straight?" - Phil Hellmuth, online

Load Metric
    regarding the corner controversy, i mean, a lot of those dudes kinda feel like their jobs are in jeopardy if they dont be that guy whose the eye of the tiger soundtrack 24/7.
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Silver
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by sonatine View Post
    regarding the corner controversy, i mean, a lot of those dudes kinda feel like their jobs are in jeopardy if they dont be that guy whose the eye of the tiger soundtrack 24/7.
    It might be protocol but she was drawing completely dead to win - I think a go-the-distance incentive is logical but I am def clueless.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sidewinder View Post
    It might be protocol but she was drawing completely dead to win - I think a go-the-distance incentive is logical but I am def clueless.

to my knowledge there is no such bonus/incentive, fwiw.
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Can we discuss Paige VanZant boob job for a minute?

http://www.tmz.com/2018/05/23/paige-vanzant-boob-job/

Load Metric

to my knowledge there is no such bonus/incentive, fwiw.
    indeed, no organization would EVER pay extra for fights that go to the judges. literal last thing anyone wants out of a fight, short of a no contest.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Report: Nick Diaz in custody on alleged domestic violence charges in Las Vegas

https://www.bloodyelbow.com/2018/5/2...source=twitter

http://www.miraclecovers.com

"Donk down, that’s what you say to someone after they have lost 28K straight?" - Phil Hellmuth, online

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    This Bellator 200 card has been alright.

Michael "Venom" Page is so entertaining to watch.

Silver
    Load Metric
    Interesting Wonderboy is pick. He's 11 years older but his strength of schedule is pretty strong. The longer it goes he's got to become a bigger favorite. Thompson acquitted himself so well against Tyron, I am really surprised he's not -140 or so. Looking forward to it...

Nova Scotia's #1 Party Rocker!!!!11 DJ_Chaps's Avatar
    Load Metric
    did anyone watch today?
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Chaps' 2017-18 NFL $$ Thread

Silver
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by DJ_Chaps View Post
    did anyone watch today?
    Main event results were pretty controversial. Imagine if Mayweather fought himself and trying to figure out who won.

I think the logic behind 3 judges that don't know anything about mixed martial arts is it creates controversy and good for rematches. The problem a lot of people get fucked along the way and rematches might take 1 year + to happen.

Wonderboy almost for sure got home cooked to some degree.

https://twitter.com/JohnMcCarthyMMA/status/1000836332514504704

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by DJ_Chaps View Post
    did anyone watch today?
    Main event results were pretty controversial. Imagine if Mayweather fought himself and trying to figure out who won.

I think the logic behind 3 judges that don't know anything about mixed martial arts is it creates controversy and good for rematches. The problem a lot of people get fucked along the way and rematches might take 1 year + to happen.

Wonderboy almost for sure got home cooked to some degree.

https://twitter.com/JohnMcCarthyMMA/status/1000836332514504704
    Seems pros are split on who won, it was a fucking close fight. Wonderboy landed more shots, Till controlled the ring and landed the single best shot of the fight. I scored the fight a draw, there was no robbery here.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by peter mcneil View Post
    Seems pros are split on who won, it was a fucking close fight. Wonderboy landed more shots, Till controlled the ring and landed the single best shot of the fight. I scored the fight a draw, there was no robbery here.

From what I can see, waaaay more pros think wonderboy won. Yes Till landed the best strike of the fight, but that only wins you 1 round at best (the last round, at that), and controlling the ring isn't a judging criteria unless literally all the striking and grappling are exactly equal, which they never are. Its very hard to watch the first 3 rounds and think Till won any of them, IMO.

Hard not to agree with Big John here, in the tweet sidewinder posted. He literally says that ring control isn't a thing that wins you a round (you have to understand that by now, despite the years of Goldie talking about "octagon control"), and you use it to say Till was winning. That's not how its supposed to work.

i checked out the media scores at mmadecisions, and they have 22 card with Wonderboy winning, 3 with Till, and those 3 were 48-47. The 49-46 scores were about as bad as scores get.

It's easy to say Till won the fight, but the scoring system of judging each round separately just does not support it. PRIDE rules, maybe. Unified rules? I can't see it.
    Last edited by Crowe Diddly; 05-28-2018 at 08:39 AM.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Crowe Diddly View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by peter mcneil View Post

From what I can see, waaaay more pros think wonderboy won. Yes Till landed the best strike of the fight, but that only wins you 1 round at best (the last round, at that), and controlling the ring isn't a judging criteria unless literally all the striking and grappling are exactly equal, which they never are. Its very hard to watch the first 3 rounds and think Till won any of them, IMO.

Hard not to agree with Big John here, in the tweet sidewinder posted. He literally says that ring control isn't a thing that wins you a round (you have to understand that by now, despite the years of Goldie talking about "octagon control"), and you use it to say Till was winning. That's not how its supposed to work.

i checked out the media scores at mmadecisions, and they have 22 card with Wonderboy winning, 3 with Till, and those 3 were 48-47. The 49-46 scores were about as bad as scores get.

It's easy to say Till won the fight, but the scoring system of judging each round separately just does not support it. PRIDE rules, maybe. Unified rules? I can't see it.
    Round by round how did you score it? I had it a dead draw. Looking through the post fight tweets seemed a lot more learned towards Wonderboy as you mentioned, a lot of the fighters thought it was tough to call and a few also had it for Till. I watched the fight a second time today and found every round but the fifth tough to score.

The one positive I take away from the fight is the hope that Wonderboys boring fights are moved to the prelims. The guy is likable and all class but other than a few highlight reel strikes his fights are as boring as they get.
    Last edited by peter mcneil; 05-28-2018 at 07:44 PM.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    I thought the fight was close and wouldn't mind a rematch. If I had to pick a side I leaned towards Wonderboy with cleaner better hits but can respect the octagon control Till argument for TIll.

The few pounds over weight Till was didn't make a difference in the fight but he shouldn't be rewarded for it because weight cuts are part of the fight game regardless of what life issues you might run into.

Thread Information