Page 271 of 326 FirstFirst ... 171221261267268269270271272273274275281321 ... LastLast
Results 5,401 to 5,420 of 6512

Thread: **Official UFC thread**

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by BeerAndPoker View Post
    Dana White was on Pawn Stars on History Channel tonight buying up some swords. It replays at 2:06am EST (about 35 minutes from the time of this post) if anyone cares.
    What does he spend on them? God damn Dana White, went from a broke boxing instructor to worth well into 9 figures.

I had a debate with a friend at the gym. I predict McGregor goes broke. I believe he will lose enough fights over the next year or two that his drawing power will diminish but his spending habits won't adjust. My friend is a big McGregor mark and believes he has it all figured out and will be set for life. Any predictions or thoughts?

Load Metric
    I predict Connor will make enough money in a Mayweather rematch in the octagon & will never fight again & be fine.

& yes I just predicted that fight will happen.
    (•_•) ..
    ∫\ \___( •_•)
    _∫∫ _∫∫ɯ \ \

Quote Originally Posted by Hockey Guy
    I'd say good luck in the freeroll but I'm pretty sure you'll go on a bender to self-sabotage yourself & miss it completely or use it as the excuse of why you didn't cash.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

Load Metric
    saw this on twitter, wasn't even sure if it was a real shirt, but I guess it is. http://www.ufcstore.com/MMA_Luke_Roc..._Series_Jersey

Name:  luke.jpeg
Views: 217
Size:  36.2 KB

Load Metric

shout out to these bloated crank addicts looking worse and worse every season.

bonus shout out to rick not knowing how to properly remove a 40k sword from its scabbard.

pearls and swine.
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by sonatine View Post

shout out to these bloated crank addicts looking worse and worse every season.

bonus shout out to rick not knowing how to properly remove a 40k sword from its scabbard.

pearls and swine.
    How the fuck hasn't the network stepped in and kicked them off air, they are barely coherent in that clip. Dana White looked healthy and fit next to those two pigs.

Load Metric
    Dana White promises ‘moron’ Mario Yamasaki will never ref again: ‘He makes me sick’

Apparently Brazil filed some sort of protest about the late stoppage against Blondie and Dana is taking it seriously (as he should).

But I have no idea how hes going to keep Yamasaki out of the cage, I thought that was all decided at the SAC level..?

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    But I have no idea how hes going to keep Yamasaki out of the cage, I thought that was all decided at the SAC level..?
    The UFC is the biggest moneymaker a lot of ACs deal with, I'd imagine they are more open to suggestion than they should be. Steve Mazzagatti disappeared from UFC events for a few years without any official reason, afaik. His last UFC was 168, and he reffed for 2 more years after that before he retired, for WSOF, Bellator, etc but never again for the UFC. Gotta think that was all Dana's doing.

Comments

sonatine: oooo
    Last edited by Crowe Diddly; 02-08-2018 at 05:51 PM.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Hockey Guy View Post
    I predict Connor will make enough money in a Mayweather rematch in the octagon & will never fight again & be fine.

& yes I just predicted that fight will happen.
    If it really does happen, I think Mayweather will have stipulations put in place. No takedowns, or some shit. There will be something. He won't give up every advantage, no chance in hell.

He knows full well that he wouldn't last 60 seconds in a full blown MMA fight against someone as good as Conor. And that's being generous.

Load Metric
    Mayweather vs Cyborg is the only mma fight I want to see Floyd in. Of course that would never happen but what a win win it would be. Either Cyborg gets knocked out or more likely she takes Floyd down and submits him in a hurry. Both outcomes would be a lot of fun to watch.

Floyd would have to be hurting for money to fight in MMA, he's going to get embarrassed just like Toney did. He won't have a clue how to defend against all the sneaky trips and techniques guys accumulate through their thousands of hours spent wrestling and working takedowns. Does anyone remember the Toney vs Couture fight? Couture took him down with an ankle pick that he shot for, it was hilarious.

It takes years of hard work to learn to defend simple take downs. We still see very experienced MMA fighters unable to prevent takedowns. Even figuring out the correct footwork to strike while preventing takedowns will be impossible for Mayweather, his style is too deeply rooted in his muscle memory.

Couple cool fights announced today. Looks like the UFC is done with Uriah Hall and they've tossed him to Paulo Costa. I really hope Hall lands one of his crazy shots and ends the Costa hype train but it won't happen. Hall isn't a warrior and he won't like the shots Costa will hit him with. CM Punk might be fighting that clown Mickey Gall smoked to get the Punk fight. Punk is awful but I'm still interested. There was some talk of Nate Diaz vs T Woodley but Dana White says not a chance (we all knows Danas word means shit).

Load Metric
    didnt we scratch this itch with james toney?

Load Metric
    maybe boxing in the cage? not sure what that looks like though.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Yes we did and at that time Toney was paid way too much by UFC standards just to embarass himself.

If this McGregor/Mayweather MMA fight happens you know they are jacking the ppv up to $99.99 to rape all the retarded goons who will actually pay for this and if any of you on here buy it then yes I'm saying straight up you're fucking retarded it don't matter how rich you are to be suckered into this.

Mayweather could still get $150 to $250 million to fight Pacman again and practically be a lock so I'm not sure why he is even considering MMA.

Load Metric
    the only scenario that makes sense is that there was a gentleman's agreement between them that they would fight once in the ring and once in the cage.

floyd cleared 300m and conor cleared 100m, something like that, for that boxing match.

you can knock _two_ zeros off those sums bare minimum for what they would net for a mma fight and the entirety of like 3 ufc mens divisions would riot in the fucking streets if conor took another 6 months off to 'train' for that freak show.

...id still put action on floyd tho.

Load Metric
    Yeah we all know how this ends. I like the odd circus fight though, it's why I still miss pride, K1 Dynamite and the old school Japanese shows.

If you never saw Butterbean vs Genki Sudo check it out, fun fight with about a 150lb weight difference.

https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x19xrey

I also am not sure what injuries Butterbean sustained from that ankle but heel hooks aren't allowed in most responsible BJJ gyms because they go from no pressure or reason to tap to serious injury in an instant.

Load Metric
    Yes we did and at that time Toney was paid way too much by UFC standards just to embarass himself.

If this McGregor/Mayweather MMA fight happens you know they are jacking the ppv up to $99.99 to rape all the retarded goons who will actually pay for this and if any of you on here buy it then yes I'm saying straight up you're fucking retarded it don't matter how rich you are to be suckered into this.

Mayweather could still get $150 to $250 million to fight Pacman again and practically be a lock so I'm not sure why he is even considering MMA.
    I'd pay $200 for it and I know exactly how that fight will go. I don't give a shit, I love the spectacle. I enjoyed the Mayweather vs McGregor fight a great deal and it was a joke.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by peter mcneil View Post

I'd pay $200 for it and I know exactly how that fight will go. I don't give a shit, I love the spectacle. I enjoyed the Mayweather vs McGregor fight a great deal and it was a joke.
    Boxing versus a great defensive fighter whose aggression and power has gone down over the years is different then that same fighter stepping into the octagon for what will be a beat down.

It's not the flushing money away thing that bothers me it's people buying into this gimmick hype that we will continue to see this silly stuff happening if they are make a ton of money doing it.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by peter mcneil View Post

Boxing versus a great defensive fighter whose aggression and power has gone down over the years is different then that same fighter stepping into the octagon for what will be a beat down.

It's not the flushing money away thing that bothers me it's people buying into this gimmick hype that we will continue to see this silly stuff happening if they are make a ton of money doing it.
    I agree with that, selling some serious bullshit and hearing the locker room talk that the fight is legitimate is painful. Look at it as an opportunity to sneak in some even money bets with some dumb fucks. I promise you there will be guys out there believing Mayweather in the 4oz gloves can knock McGregor out, and thats how the UFC will sell the thing.

I will be disappointed if this fight happens prior to McGregor fighting Khabib or Ferguson. I am looking forward to one of these guys once again exposing McGregor's lack of heart.

Load Metric
    im going to take floyd by sub rd 1 in case he decides to steal on conor's near lifeless body after he faceplants him by sinking in the nate style rnc before the ref can call it.

Load Metric
    To be fair, this is nothing at all like James Toney. It’d be like me saying “didn’t we scratch this itch with Ray Mercer?”

The UFC was literally photoshopping pictures to make Toney appear in shape.

Toney had been shot to shit for 10 years. Mayweather is still a very good fighter. Toney is beyond punch drunk.

Mayweather has no real chance to win, outside of a homerun punch. Toney didn’t even have that.

Comments

sonatine: point taken

Thread Information